Alan Pardew

Mike

Not surprised at all, but have to say I'm disappointed.

Another season of shit Football and shit results.

At the Arsenal game it really should have been made clear that we want him gone, there was nothing.

Only message that Llambais and Ashley know is when it hits them in the pocket. Can't see me going to a home game until this cunt Pardew has gone. At least Gullit had the balls to fuck off when he failed.

Running a poll on the United For Newcastle Facebook, and it would appear that it's about 50:50 in terms of people being happy that he's staying...

Can someone please explain to me why this is happening?  Has some kind of psychoactive drug been pumped into the Tyne lately?

Running a poll on the United For Newcastle Facebook, and it would appear that it's about 50:50 in terms of people being happy that he's staying...

Can someone please explain to me why this is happening?  Has some kind of psychoactive drug been pumped into the Tyne lately?

The average supporter seems to be swallowing his PR bullshit. Only explanation.

Guest firetotheworks

All my mate says is 'I don't want to be chopping and changing managers and I'm happy to give him another go after last season.'

Those seem to be the main reasons. Finishing 5th has become a rod for our backs.

The biggest factor is that most people, myself included, have underestimated just how effective Pardew is at PR and spin. While you hear the utter contradictory bullshit spewing from his mouth for what it is, most are doe-eyed  nodding their heads.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Or the few hundred users on N-O are not an accurate representation of Newcastle fan opinion?

The argument against keeping Pardew seems to be 'what if he does badly and there is nobody else available?'. But what happens if we bring in Jol and we're 17th come Christmas? There are no certainties in any of this.

I'm content in giving Pardew a chance. If he fails then fair enough but I think every manager deserves one bad season. Two bad seasons and he's got to go.

This is what I'm picking up off the trains post-game and everything.

"Aye, we were s***, but we need stability and our finances are great and we were good last season."

It's like they've just had the bullshit pumped into their brain and they regurgitate it when asked any question.

I think you're right Spudil, the club's PR is more effective than we give it credit for.

The argument against keeping Pardew seems to be 'what if he does badly and there is nobody else available?'. But what happens if we bring in Jol and we're 17th come Christmas? There are no certainties in any of this.

This is nonsensical, man.

Or the few hundred users on N-O are not an accurate representation of Newcastle fan opinion?

Great, I hope the punters are happy they are getting their money's worth next season. I'm glad I'm not a season ticket holder any more.

Have had numerous conversations with the local shop owner about Pardew. He's pro. One of his reasons for why he rates him was "well, he hasn't been able to play two strikers at any point this season, has he."

:facepalm: Honestly didn't know what to say. So much wrong with that statement. :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Great, I hope the punters are happy they are getting their money's worth next season. I'm glad I'm not a season ticket holder any more.

I guess that might be one way to gain an idea of the numbers of any of those who have 'lost faith' with Pardew's management of the club - Season Ticket sales. However, I'm sure the 10 year price freeze incentive might skew those numbers.

the whole stability argument pisses me off.  It is just so flawed.  Let's be honest, the successful clubs are not the stable clubs, they are the ones who invest heavily in players.  Still, since it seems to be pretty official I'm just going to hope we get in some more coaches to help with our set pieces and attacking play and also hope we invest in some good goal scorers and keep colocinni.  That's all that is left to hope for.

I have to admit i'd be more likely to back Pardew if it wasn't for his constant negative decision making.  It's that more than last years results that annoys me.

One small positive is that we can be reasonably sure another season like this one won't be tolerated.

It seems the 5th place finish/Manager of the Year bought him enough credit to cover for this disastrous season, but that's surely been used up now so if it happens again he's off.

Let's hope he reacts to the extra pressure a little better than we've seen recently.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

the whole stability argument pisses me off.  It is just so flawed.  Let's be honest, the successful clubs are not the stable clubs, they are the ones who invest heavily in players.  Still, since it seems to be pretty official I'm just going to hope we get in some more coaches to help with our set pieces and attacking play and also hope we invest in some good goal scorers and keep colocinni.  That's all that is left to hope for.

I have to admit i'd be more likely to back Pardew if it wasn't for his constant negative decision making.  It's that more than last years results that annoys me.

Such as?

Liverpool?

Chelsea?

Stoke?

Man City?

Even Us, I guess.

Relatively speaking has their heavy investment been successful? Have they achieved what would be expected of their clubs with the investment made?

wanted a managerial change but pards is staying. so absolutely no point in whinging now.

now its all about the who's staying and who we are going to sign. close this thread for the summer and get over to the transfers thread.

will be excited as usual once the preseason friendlies start.

after we got promoted in 1984 and Cox left it was devastating - was distraught. but you realise the club moves on and you will always support it, and personally I will always go to games while I can afford it and to away games while my wife lets me.