Alan Pardew

Mike

I'd happily accept being wrong, 100%. I'd celebrate being wrong. But backing the man who got us within points of going under again is incredibly unambitious. 1 season can destroy everything that was built. We were absolutely fortunate to have the players we had and the manager to bring us back up in style. Many clubs don't enjoy that same sort of luck man.

I am still not convinced that Ashley lacks ambition beyond staying in the division.  I can't see him standing for another season of underachievement - if only because another season of underachievement will devalue the players we have and potentially undermine the whole blueprint.

His blueprint is probably a lie. This thing seems to pin completely on Graham Carr working his magic, and his cheap manager throwing some players about hoping one of them work their magic. Joke.

(awfully negative post, sorry)

Tim Krul - Dutch International

Rob Elliot

Steve Harper

Jak Alnwick

Fabricio Coloccini - Argentinian International

Davide Santon - Italian International

Danny Simpson

Mike Williamson

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa - French International

James Perch

Ryan Taylor

Massadio Haïdara - French U21 International

Mathieu Debuchy - French International

Steven Taylor

Shane Ferguson - NI International

James Tavernier

Yohan Cabaye - French International

Moussa Sissoko  - French International

Vurnon Anita - Dutch International

Hatem Ben Arfa - French International

Dan Gosling

Romain Amalfitano

Jonás Gutiérrez - Argentinian International

Gaël Bigirimana

Sylvain Marveaux

Cheick Tioté - Ivorian International

Gabriel Obertan

Haris Vučkić - Single handedly funded the RVI

Papiss Cissé - Senegalese International

Yoan Gouffran

Shola Ameobi - Holds the record for least movement ever witnessed on a football pitch.  Once mistaken for a statue of fat Bambi

Sammy Ameobi

Adam Campbell - England Youth

That's the squad Ashley, Carr and Dekka have put together.  Yes, it has weaknesses but it's chock full of international footballers.  There is no way that squad should ever be close to relegation.  MA can't influence matters on the pitch, he can only give his manager the tools to do his job at which he has failed.

The off field antics have been shameful but they have given us a squad of very talented footballers.

We've all been fed an incredible story about a blue print and hiring the man take us forward and push on. The lies started a long time ago when he bought us and they've never stopped or learned a damn thing.

Are we back to blaming Ashley now?  Look at our squad, look at Sunderland's squad.  In terms of on the field stuff MA and Dekka have been spot on really.  We needed extra last summer but you have to say fair play, they did their bit in January.

Ashley and Llambias can hardly escape the criticism since it's them that have given Pardew their vote of confidence. Who knows, maybe they'll be proved right. Let's see this thread in 6 months time and see who called it correctly. The N-O sages or the average Newcastle fan who is willing to back the imbecile.

Them I hope.  I'd be delighted to be proven wrong on this one.

I won't because IMO Pardew's football philosophy ( jumpers and tacklers) has a ceiling and it's probably 8th at best. Sorry but I watch the top teams play football of a different class with a lot of movement and passing to feet. I will find it very difficult to accept that while he's here we will have no ambition to give this city the team it deserves.

It all goes back to the top, if the man up top has failed to identify the quality of players he's OK'd to be brought in aren't performing because the man charged to manage the football team can't, then we've got an idiot owner who's failed us once again.

Its all great to see Hatem and Colo on the pitch, but Pardew and co. are completely wasting the talent on the pitch and Big Mike is just as much to blame for backing him.

I'll maintain this point and hope I'm proved wrong one day, but shit won't change until Mike sell's up. Its clear as day.

Very talented footballers and one player who averages double figures in a season. The squad is fucking crap.

Stephen Henderson

Jussi Jääskeläinen

Raphael Spiegel

Winston Reid

George McCartney

James Tomkins

Joey O'Brien

Emanuel Pogatetz

James Collins

Guy Demel

Jordan Spence

Danny Potts

Kevin Nolan

Matt Jarvis

Jack Collison

Matt Taylor

Mark Noble

Mohamed Diamé

Alou Diarra

Joe Cole

Gary O'Neil

Andy Carroll

Carlton Cole

Modibo Maïga

Ricardo Vaz Tê

Marouane Chamakh

Wellington Paulista

Is it better or worse than this squad?  They finished 5 points ahead of us.

Absolutely irrelevant if they're internationals.

Yes.  You can't generally tell the quality of a player if he's selected out of thousands to represent his country.  National teams are drawn out of a hat, that's why Obertan has so many caps.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Nicky Butt, Geremi, Alan Smith, Damien Duff, Mark Viduka, Michael Owen were all internationals.

I won't speak for you but I place the blame solely on Pardew. The owner isn't my favourite but hes supported Pardew pretty much all the way and appears to be doing so again.

They should sack Pardew but I understand why they aren't.

Nicky Butt, Geremi, Alan Smith, Damien Duff, Mark Viduka, Michael Owen were all internationals.

All very good players in their time.  Unfortunately we signed them when they were retired in all but name, over the hill, crocked, didn't give a shit, fat and a horse trainer.

three of those for England a long time before they joined us, Geremi for Senegal, Duff for Ireland and Viduka occasionally for Australia. They're not really relevant examples compared to all the current internationals we have now for football nations like France, Holland and Argentina.

three of those for England a long time before they joined us, Geremi for Senegal, Duff for Ireland and Viduka occasionally for Australia. They're not really relevant examples compared to all the current internationals we have now for football nations like France, Holland and Argentina.

This must be what it feels like when someone finally agrees with Inochi :lol: