Alan Pardew

Mike

“I do feel if you carry a squad of 22 or 23 professional players and you don’t use eight of them, that’s wrong.

“We have paid something in the region of of £15million to £16m on young players at this club and they really need to come to the fore now.

“I feel, last year, they didn’t do themselves justice in the Premier League when they played and in the cup competitions. That’s not good enough.

“If they don’t do it this year, we’ll draw a line under one or two of them. It’s a big game for one or two individuals, who we think are good enough to play in the Premier League, but haven’t shown it.”

“Sammy will play tomorrow and it’s a big game for him. There’s no point being a bit part player, coming in and out.

“He needs to prove he can be a first-team player so therefore he’s got to come to the fore.

“I want Sammy to put in a performance on Tuesday night that makes me think what should I do on Saturday. I don’t want players at this football club who aren’t going to contribute on the pitch.

“I don’t want players who aren’t good enough to carry the shirt.

“As a professional coach, he looks in better shape to playing week in, week out. Sometimes you need to go in and come out, go in and come out to get what it’s all about. He’s done that and now he’s not doing that any more. This is his time.

“Haris Vuckic is the same. He’s had some terrible injuries. Bigirimana, last year we all thought in his first couple of games he’s going to make it, but he had some poor games after that.”

“I’m just getting Sammy to focus on his work on player and he’s doing that,”.

“His intelligence and his concentration are improving. It’s okay doing it here, you’ve got to do it on the day. It was a useful little cameo the other day when he came on, but he’s got to do it in a full a game and he’s got to produce.”

“Paul Dummett said after the City game that he was delighted to come on, despite the result.

“That he was made up and so on. That’s fine for one game. He’s allowed to say that once, but not the second game. He’s going to play at Morecambe as well.

“I want him to be knocking on the door. He’s been brilliant in pre-season. Now, I thought Santon was brilliant on Saturday and if that’s the pressure caused by Dummett, great, that’s what you want.”

“I expect to win with the team I put it out, trust me. I wouldn’t pick it otherwise, but these young players have to come to the fore,”.

“That then has a knock on effect for Saturday. The players are under a bit of pressure and they have to react to that. That’s how it works. It worked at other Premier League clubs, but it didn’t work last year.”

“If they don’t do it this year, we’ll draw a line under one or two of them. It’s a big game for one or two individuals, who we think are good enough to play in the Premier League, but haven’t shown it.”

Seconds later...

Ameobi himself told The Journal earlier in the summer that he felt he was supping in the last chance saloon.

It was a full and frank admission that he had not done enough to guarantee his future as a Premier League footballer – but Pardew said those sentiments had not come from him. “No no, I’d never do that to a player, it’s not fair.

@BonjourMonAmiNE: "Bigirimana, last year we all thought in his first couple of games he’s going to make it, but he had some poor games after that."

Good comments like

Who said that?

Pardew spouting sh!te in this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2404384/Capital-One-Cup-Newcastle-boss-challenges-youngsters-impress-Morecambe.html

Does it not make you wonder, Alan, why almost every single player, youngster or otherwise, has failed to get any better under your management?

Not entirely sure what he's talking about here:

'Paul Dummett said after the Manchester City game that he was delighted to come on, despite the result. That he was made up and so on. That’s fine for one game. He’s allowed to say that once, but not the second game.

Seems to be negging Dummett for being pleased to have come on as a sub. Just weird. I've given up on making any sense of Pardew's media offerings.

Why say any of those things, man? Unless you're deliberately trolling, there's absolutely no need. I guess it's the boards fault for not backing him, forcing him into making ridiculous comments like that...

Wow. Those quotes sound like the ramblings of an incoherent madman who has completely lost the plot. It's when you stare at something long enough that you can't tell if it's good or not anymore, or why you're even staring at it in the first place.

Hes said nothing wrong there. Some of young players need to prove their potential consistantly or they will never break into the side regardless of whos manager.

Give over man.

There is absolutely no positive to throwing your 'youngsters' in at the deep end and then slagging them off when they don't do well.

Especially if you're going to stand there and consistently back your poor performers in the first team every week.

There is absolutely no positive to throwing your 'youngsters' in at the deep end and then slagging them off when they don't do well.

Especially if you're going to stand there and consistently back your poor performers in the first team every week.

This. Bloody infuriating.

Hes said nothing wrong there. Some of young players need to prove their potential consistantly or they will never break into the side regardless of whos manager.

Give over man.

Whats the issue? Ameobi & Vuckic are 21 now, they need to be pushing themselves & taking risks. Hes saying they need to prove they can start in the first team & not accept being the young half in half out players they have been the last few seasons.

The comments about Bigi should really be in private between him and the player. I still think Bigi shows a lot of promise and should be supported to the hilt at every opp.

In that case why doesn't he hold the senior players to the same standards? Not many of those younger players are responsible for the bilge we have been served up for the past 12 months.

If those comments were coming from someone like Sir Bobby or Keegan, ie - a manager who was doing well and had the team performing - it would be more than acceptable. Young players need to step up and a manager is within his right to take a hard line if he feels that is the best way of motivating them.

However, when you consider the absolutely shite job he is doing, it's pretty staggering. How can he come out and say that when he persists with senior players who are under-performing? Why should Sammy bust his balls if he knows Jonas is just gonna come straight back in regardless?

And the Bigi comment, man. Fucking hell. Aye the lad was pretty shite when you played him on the right-wing against Benfica, you fucking dope.

He's on a hiding to nothing n'all so I'm surprised he's taken the risk of slagging them off. We're not signing anyone so he is going to need those players regardless of whether they play well tonight or not. Give them a grilling, they play shit again, he's still stuck with needing them. I just hope it works because the comments are pretty transparent. Whether they're good enough players or not, they're going to be in and around the first team all year.

Like I say, I don't really mind the man-management 'technique' he's gone for here, but I don't know how those players are meant to take them seriously. Balls out of the bath there, Alan. Hope it works out, ffs, you risky fecker.