Alan Pardew

Mike

What's also absurd about the way he raved about our defensive show post match (because quite frankly he was grasping for anything positive to squark about) was that Nolan was unmarked for a free header and should have scored and twice West Hame punted the ball down field only for the ball to bounce in the pen area and a couple near misses again for West Ham. Top defending my arse.

The folly of the Arsenal bid too. For weeks he was going on about speculation being great for Cabaye's ego, talking it up then suddenly a bid comes in and the bloke is mentally crippled. Honestly you couldn't make it up :lol:

Aye only at NUFC does such nonsense happen.

That Mag article read as if Pardew had written it himself.

Guest bimpy474

His last article before that one was April 30th. Entitled 'Play a midfield 3 of Cabaye, Jonas and Tiote to save Newcastle'.

Has to be a relation of Alan's, just has to be.

Where's BrettNUFC :lol: he was convinced wed get 3 points against west ham, after all the pardew bashing

Been out celebrating our clean sheet since Saturday. Sorry for lack of posting.

Feel free to fire away now I’m back though.

How many points will Cardiff win the league by do you reckon? ;)

If they can keep Whittingham fit and he can continue to swing them set pieces into dangerous areas, they could nick it by a couple of points.

Next......

Where's BrettNUFC :lol: he was convinced wed get 3 points against west ham, after all the pardew bashing

Been out celebrating our clean sheet since Saturday. Sorry for lack of posting.

Feel free to fire away now I’m back though.

:lol:  no I won't do that. Worried yet though?

Wouldn’t say I’m more worried. I’ll be more worried if the transfer window shuts and we haven’t got a new striker in. Was certainly unhappy at half time on Saturday the way the game was going, but fair play to them I thought second half they were much better but just like pre-season thought our passing was good but we just lacked creativity in final third. Think Remy in the side will be a big boost, especially to Cisse who never looked comfortable alongside Shola all game. I like Anita and Sissoko in the middle. Ben Arfa and Marv were fairly ineffective and I was disappointed slightly in both of them. Thought Colo/MYM partnership looked comfortable again and really like the look of it. Debuchy/Santon both had solid games but thought they could have both offered us a bit more going forward. In general I thought it was two points dropped but still think we have hope of a decent campaign depending on the impact of Remy and if we sign a striker.

He's such a f***ing coward.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardews-warning-ahead-league-5794419?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Alan Pardew has warned his players tonight that failure to match Morecambe’s sense of occasion at the Globe Arena could prove to be fatal to Newcastle United’s League Cup hopes.

Pardew, who plied his trade on the non-league scene with the likes of Whyteleafe and Dulwich Hamlet, knows that the team that have emerged from the lower end of football’s ever-changing pyramid will be eyeing a scalp.

He told the Chronicle: “Newcastle away at Morecambe is a potential giant-killing.

“And of course that’s why they have highlighted it for TV.

“There’s great potential for them in that it could be a shock.

“It’s great for Morecambe.

“They’ll be really up for it.

“An old mentor of mine said that if you beat any top-flight team you should be out celebrating because it’s a tough ask at any level.”

Pardew, though, feels that this is a night when Newcastle’s Premier League experience needs to show.

He said: “It’s a game where we need to make sure our quality comes through and our technical level.

“If it comes down to just a physical game, we will lose.”

Morecambe’s form has been patchy since they dumped Wolves out of the competition in round one.

A draw with Torquay at home, a 3-0 defeat at Portsmouth before Saturday’s 2-0 win over Exeter means that Newcastle really need to wait to see which Shrimps side turns up tonight.

Pardew said: “I remember watching the players at Stevenage the other year.

“We watched them for three games and they were a different team. So I can look at the report at Morecambe and read it but it won’t represent the performance they put out tonight.

“The players will play another 20% better. I have been in that position because you have nothing to lose.

“There’s no middle ground in this game tonight, there’s no draw on offer.

“You will win or lose on the night.

“So both teams will have that attitude.”

It's great for US to play a fucking shit team.

WHY would we lose a physical game? I thought our levels were better than ever?

WHY is he worried about the reports he's received on MORE FUCKING CAMBE?

He's such a f***ing coward.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardews-warning-ahead-league-5794419?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Alan Pardew has warned his players tonight that failure to match Morecambe’s sense of occasion at the Globe Arena could prove to be fatal to Newcastle United’s League Cup hopes.

Pardew, who plied his trade on the non-league scene with the likes of Whyteleafe and Dulwich Hamlet, knows that the team that have emerged from the lower end of football’s ever-changing pyramid will be eyeing a scalp.

He told the Chronicle: “Newcastle away at Morecambe is a potential giant-killing.

“And of course that’s why they have highlighted it for TV.

“There’s great potential for them in that it could be a shock.

“It’s great for Morecambe.

“They’ll be really up for it.

“An old mentor of mine said that if you beat any top-flight team you should be out celebrating because it’s a tough ask at any level.”

Pardew, though, feels that this is a night when Newcastle’s Premier League experience needs to show.

He said: “It’s a game where we need to make sure our quality comes through and our technical level.

“If it comes down to just a physical game, we will lose.”

Morecambe’s form has been patchy since they dumped Wolves out of the competition in round one.

A draw with Torquay at home, a 3-0 defeat at Portsmouth before Saturday’s 2-0 win over Exeter means that Newcastle really need to wait to see which Shrimps side turns up tonight.

Pardew said: “I remember watching the players at Stevenage the other year.

“We watched them for three games and they were a different team. So I can look at the report at Morecambe and read it but it won’t represent the performance they put out tonight.

“The players will play another 20% better. I have been in that position because you have nothing to lose.

“There’s no middle ground in this game tonight, there’s no draw on offer.

“You will win or lose on the night.

“So both teams will have that attitude.”

It's great for US to play a f***ing s*** team.

WHY would we lose a physical game? I thought our levels were better than ever?

WHY is he worried about the reports he's received on MORE f***ing CAMBE?

Easy Alan....... you might have me slapping the Braveheart warpaint on with stirring speeches like that.

Guest icemanblue

Full strength and go for a win. Nothing else will do.

Surely as long as you get through with minimal amount of squad damage, it's a good night. The aim is just to be in the next round, that's all that will do regardless of who is selected.

The games don't exist in isolation though. The players need some goals and confidence. They won't get any of that from sitting at home whilst the reserves squeeze through.

Quite possibly, but your also running the risk of injuring a Ben Arfa for Saturday or longer. Liverpool lost Toure/Allen/Cissokho though injury, easily done. Could have been a Sturridge or Gerrard. I’d prefer we went through with the kids out but obviously that carries a bigger risk of going out, a mixture of both would suffice for me. I don’t fancy seeing HBA playing that’s for sure though.

When Ben Arfa's walking down the street, he could trip and break his leg, or someone could crash into his car. We can't make him a Bubble Boy ( "Moops!" )

I just don't subscribe to the theory that we must wrap players in cotton wool as much as possible. We treat footballers as if playing football is the absolute worst thing they can do for their health and I'm bloody sick of it.

A risk ffs. I watch football to be entertained by my team playing good stuff and scoring goals, not to watch some blokes not getting injured. "Great game tonight, awful drab football but wow, they all looked fine at the end"

Good God man.

Certain players with a history record like Ben Arfa's don't need to play in games like this? Half the people on here were furious when he got injured in an away leg of the Europa Cup and sure enough Pardew took all the blame for it on here for selecting him, now he should be starting against Morecambe!

Good God man.

There is no winning with some, like. The club will always be doing something wrong. This doesn't apply when things are going well, I should add. Although, I'm not sure if that applies to Wullie, like.

This is basically why the football forum is a big shroud of tedious dullness at the moment. There's a problem with everything and it's the same few names that keep popping up to cry about every last little quote or decision, or lambaste those who dare to try and see any form of positive.

So...

Absolutely bot all wrong with what he's said there.