Alan Pardew

Mike

How about Sami Hyypiä from Leverkusen? Done great job so far without any sort of coaching experience. Would definitely improve our defensive play just by showing up. I guess it's his dream job to become a manager in England but it's rather sooner than later as he ends up at Liverpool.

Name a player who has actually improved under Pardew's time here? Can't name one myself! That's a worrying fact indeed! And we're supposed to have talented youngsters and the developement squad

James Perch

He was so good that they sold him.....

Name a player who has actually improved under Pardew's time here? Can't name one myself! That's a worrying fact indeed! And we're supposed to have talented youngsters and the developement squad

James Perch

I wouldn't have had I been in charge. He was a good squad player who we will miss badly this season

Guest Phil K

James Perch

I wouldn't have had I been in charge. He was a good squad player who we will miss badly this season

I read somewhere that was Kinnears idea, getting rid of Perch.

Its such a monumentally stupid move, it probably was his idea

James Perch

I read somewhere that was Kinnears idea, getting rid of Perch.

Its such a monumentally stupid move, it probably was his idea

no chance it was Pardews as he clearly liked and trusted him to do a job where needed

James Perch, Leon Best and Tim Krul. Otherwise you're right, 3 out of god knows how many is fucking woeful.

Ashley will do what he wants whether there's 45k or 4500 there.

Not sure about that. Will make life much more difficult for him/push him closer to the door at least.

Edit: won't happen, but if we're talking about hypotheticals...

How though? Is boycotting games going to make it more likely for someone to pay for the club?

Might lower the offer he is willing to accept, thereby opening the door to more potential investors.

Doesn't seem to be even a sniff of an investory atm (so it's all moot sadly - or at least as far as we know...), and given Ashley's unreasonable bargaining policy, any prospective bidder would be very much put off, but if the power balance shifted because they knew that Ashley wasn't making nearly enough through ticket sales it may be a decent bargaining chip in negotiations.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-is-still-one-of-the-stronger-tactical-managers-in-premier-league/

Alan Pardew Is Still One Of The Stronger Tactical Managers In Premier League

When reading through the Saturday morning paper, I stumbled across the possible line-ups for Saturdays game. Rated doubtful was Yohan Cabaye (unsettled) one of the strangest ‘injuries’ I have ever heard. I can see this transfer saga not been settled until deadline day due to that been the way with our club, nothing is ever as simple as it first seems.

AP0004_alan_pardew_newcastle_united_nufc_770Many fans have rightly pointed out that this summer has similarities to the summer preceding Keegan’s departure (We even play Hull at home in September again would you believe) which has led me to think Pardew does not have long left in the St James hot-seat, whether he walks or is sacked.

I must stress that I fully realise that Pardew has not had the backing from many fans since the debacle of the Liverpool and Mackem home games of last season. Those who will be throwing parties, thinking all our recent problems will disappear, are simply living in a fantasy land.

Pardew is still one of the stronger tactical managers in the league, evidenced on Saturday when he had to go 4-4-2 with Shola to ensure we had an outlet upfront (he didn’t against the same team last May and as a result we barely had a chance). Had Ben Arfa or Cisse been on form we probably would have won the game but fans continue to blame tactics.

Those who criticise Ben Arfa are also arguably in the wrong, as they seem unable to understand it’s a two way street with the french genius, as for every wonder-goal (Bolton, Blackburn) you have to allow him a game like Saturday where he was clearly off form.

Clearly neither Pardew, Ben Arfa or anyone at the club can be perfect all the time, but I feel some of the criticism of Pards comes from ignorance and picking the wrong enemy, rather than factual evidence. The main skill Pardew lacks that most other managers in the top flight have, is something that has nothing to do with what goes on during a game.

His PR skills are pretty poor, most managers come across well in post-game interviews and generally say the right things (if they don’t, the media pounce on them). This is why I hear some of my mates saying things such as “I hate Alan Pardew what a w*****”, but when I challenge them on what, specifically causes them to hate him, they can’t come up with anything he does during a game or anything related to football.

I am not pinning him up as the greatest manager we have ever had, obviously he is about as successful as the type of manager we usually employ, but he has now had 100 games and this can only help build a more stable club. I understand some of the fans concerns with him, but put it this way, who could we get that could do a better job right now, because like every other club Newcastle will appoint a manager in a huge hurry if Pardew goes.

I wouldn’t want a Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce type manager who for the most part are only still in the premier league due to their reputations as past players. Ashley won’t have the clout or ability to persuade a Laurent Blanc or Claudio Ranieri to join the Toon, he will probably be tossing a coin to see who gets it out of Joe Kinnear and Dennis Wise.

Either way, our club is not in a great state but changing managers quickly into a season has never brought any success before, would it now?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who the fuck is this bullshit bingo cunt?  Fuck off Jack Lacey-Hatton, you utter pleb.

I can't believe how bad it is. :lol:

Particularly this:

This is why I hear some of my mates saying things such as “I hate Alan Pardew what a w*****”, but when I challenge them on what, specifically causes them to hate him, they can’t come up with anything he does during a game or anything related to football.

If he asked me that I'd be bending his ear for hours, how thick are his mates FFS?

I can't believe how bad it is. :lol:

Particularly this:

This is why I hear some of my mates saying things such as “I hate Alan Pardew what a w*****”, but when I challenge them on what, specifically causes them to hate him, they can’t come up with anything he does during a game or anything related to football.

If he asked me that I'd be bending his ear for hours, how thick are his mates FFS?

:lol:  Fuck me.