Alan Pardew

Mike

Basically they've picked out the two quiet lads who especially Cisse are top pros who play for the football.

Meanwhile that cunt captain Cabaye is completely silent.

Guest icemanblue

Basically they've picked out the two quiet lads who especially Cisse are top pros who play for the football.

Meanwhile that cunt captain Cabaye is completely silent.

http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://api.ning.com/files/PaAZIB51Ew02ygiCgRDQ2fj6LkJuIj*1UYjnW-XlMO*EiFbi0BuEctVxHtowM-U7hcDCYuQ3mDddDrEGU3rvPpGcRH2C9hCK/uh_wtf_gif.gif&size=400x1000

This is a one of those a friend of a friend type stories ...

But the part about players believing one player in particular has let his fitness levels drop stands out to me. I was chatting to a lad after the Liverpool loss who is friends with a French lad who knocks about with some of the French contingent. Apparently Sissoko has really let himself go since he arrived, diet wise, the lot. That kind of tallies with his performances.

But the part about players believing one player in particular has let his fitness levels drop stands out to me. I was chatting to a lad after the Liverpool loss who is friends with a French lad who knocks about with some of the French contingent. Apparently Sissoko has really let himself go since he arrived, diet wise, the lot. That kind of tallies with his performances.

Greggs Pasties strike again

Talk is cheap, I don't expect him to say otherwise with three games of a relegation season left but I'm still disappointed to hear Cisse get behind Pardew, just like HBA did last season, especially as Pardew's ineffective coaching contributed so heavily to Cisse snatching at chances.

Smart of the club to get the fans' favourites to spin their guff.

I'm no fan of Pardew but that's ridiculous IMO. As long as he's here, the players need to be behind him. Anything else would be chaos, and the only ones to genuinely suffer are us lot. It's up to the board to replace him, not the players.

:thup:

they have to back each other at this moment. Anything else would mean certain relegation...stick together - players and manager and when survival is secured then we can start pointing fingers and hopefully sack the one most responsible!

Greggs Pasties strike again

aimed at Ben Arfa I think.

Again, how does a guy who was basically ruled out for rest of season season with a nasty hamstring injury, maintain fitness levels? You can't run or bike or really do anything to keep levels up if your hamstring is gone. Which is why I find that story even more baffling.

Can't believe he's here after this season topped off with shipping 9 goals in 2 games against two of our most hated clubs. 

Surely....surely he can't still be here if we get arse raped off West Ham.....can he?

If we get splatted off west ham...the only thing to save us would then be wigans own form...i remember when we went down in 2009, hull could not pick up any points but we couldnt pick up any points...awful

Hopefully they're just planning for a smooth transition at the end of the season.

I don't know what my personal opinion would be if we showed a good response until the end of the season TBH... but I think you're probably right about this.

I'm very cynical but the more they protest there's nothing untoward going on behind the scenes the less inclined I am to believe them. The ladies doth protest too much...

This - exactly...my view is that Llambias may have told Pardew to get the players to rubbish the story in the DT so it takes the pressure off those two.

None of this makes any difference to what has happened in the past season and smacks of ar-- covering to me. We can all be sure that most of these players would be on their bikes if we go down, and my bet is that a fair few will be off anyway.

There is nothing Llambias and Pardew won't do in order to deflect any blame away from them and try to stop fans thinking about scrapping their STs......

The Independent's article, comparing our record during the years before Ashley and the years since shows just how lousy we have been during his tenure although in fairness, we could not have continued the lax and suspect financial dealings of the Shepherd regime.

On the pitch we have been woeful under Ashley, off it (coaches aside) the club is in fantastic shape, so fair play to that probably little surprise as a businessman he got that in order first.. shame its come at the expense of actual football being played properly. Hopefully he pulls his finger out and finds us a set of coaches that match the scouting and financial set up he has going. We won't be holding our breath though.

I am well aware that Ashley's financial handling of the club has been a major improvement over that of Shepherd - fine...BUT - the business of the club is FOOTBALL.

Making the club financially better is good, but if the major product of the business - i.e., providing entertainment and excitement for its customers, the fans - falls away, then the product loses value.

Its a bit like Jaguar cars in the 70s...had a previously good reputation, sold well in the US etc etc., but a gradually declining reliability eventually caused the business to be sold...it is now owned by Tata of India...

Doesn't matter WHAT your reputation is - if you start letting your product standards drop, you lose customers and fail, In NUFC's case, the failure is shown by the fact that the ST waiting list is no more and the club are selling family tckets to disguise the fall in popularity, just as the Mackems did when they gave away cheap tickets some years ago to get people in.

Ashley is very fortunate that NUFC fans are as loyal as they are - most other clubs would have seen a dramatic fall in attendances had they slumped from a regular top 8 postion and challenging for Europe most years, to 1 relegation, 1 5th place, and the remainder an average of lower half finishes and flirtations with relegation under a manager whose track record is exactly that with 4 other clubs.

That is the point the Independent were trying to make.

If you keep selling the family silver, you eventually get poorer.....

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/fortiter.html

Its all about mindset. On paper we have a team very capable of 3 wins. But they’re not performing because their heads have dropped.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

We've performed badly as a team for 2 bloody years, since the day Pardew was appointed. Scraping wins through individual brilliance or getting lucky were our only routes to perceived success. But then our luck ran out, Demba Ba ran out, Ben Arfa limped out and Cisse was shunted out (to the right wing).

Now the orchestrator of all this needs to be run out.

Blaming our perfomances on the team's heads dropping is utter bullshit. It's down to mis-management and our abhorent tactics. Suggesting otherwise is at best being blind to the problems and at worst is an outrageous lie.

However I agree we need to get behind the team for the games. That's obvious. But lets not pretend that we can't do that AND try to run Pardew out for spoiling what is an otherwise potentially very good side. Playing under Pardew must be like trying to ignore a turd in a swimming pool whilst everyone tells you to just get on and enjoy your swim. In theory you should be able to get on and do what you're there to do, but you surely can't give it your best and even the most professional amongst us would eventually start to suggest that if the poo isn't removed, they're getting out and finding a different pool.

Hahaha. Beautiful.

I'm very cynical but the more they protest there's nothing untoward going on behind the scenes the less inclined I am to believe them. The ladies doth protest too much...

This - exactly...my view is that Llambias may have told Pardew to get the players to rubbish the story in the DT so it takes the pressure off those two.

None of this makes any difference to what has happened in the past season and smacks of ar-- covering to me. We can all be sure that most of these players would be on their bikes if we go down, and my bet is that a fair few will be off anyway.

There is nothing Llambias and Pardew won't do in order to deflect any blame away from them and try to stop fans thinking about scrapping their STs......

The Independent's article, comparing our record during the years before Ashley and the years since shows just how lousy we have been during his tenure although in fairness, we could not have continued the lax and suspect financial dealings of the Shepherd regime.

On the pitch we have been woeful under Ashley, off it (coaches aside) the club is in fantastic shape, so fair play to that probably little surprise as a businessman he got that in order first.. shame its come at the expense of actual football being played properly. Hopefully he pulls his finger out and finds us a set of coaches that match the scouting and financial set up he has going. We won't be holding our breath though.

I am well aware that Ashley's financial handling of the club has been a major improvement over that of Shepherd - fine...BUT - the business of the club is FOOTBALL.

Making the club financially better is good, but if the major product of the business - i.e., providing entertainment and excitement for its customers, the fans - falls away, then the product loses value.

Its a bit like Jaguar cars in the 70s...had a previously good reputation, sold well in the US etc etc., but a gradually declining reliability eventually caused the business to be sold...it is now owned by Tata of India...

Doesn't matter WHAT your reputation is - if you start letting your product standards drop, you lose customers and fail, In NUFC's case, the failure is shown by the fact that the ST waiting list is no more and the club are selling family tckets to disguise the fall in popularity, just as the Mackems did when they gave away cheap tickets some years ago to get people in.

Ashley is very fortunate that NUFC fans are as loyal as they are - most other clubs would have seen a dramatic fall in attendances had they slumped from a regular top 8 postion and challenging for Europe most years, to 1 relegation, 1 5th place, and the remainder an average of lower half finishes and flirtations with relegation under a manager whose track record is exactly that with 4 other clubs.

I'd dispute the "regular top 8 position" stuff. In the past 10 years we've only finished in the top 8 three times. Us being shit isn't a recent phenomenon.

Yep - being a regular top 8 club just isn't true.

8th in the all time PL table

Only due to the heroics of Keegan and Robson. In between we've been bilge. Speaks volumes that by Premier League finishing position Pardew is our third most successful manager.

This is probably the first time in a very long time the club feels like it's on the right track on and off the pitch. The turd in the dugout is threatening to ruin that.

Hopefully they're just planning for a smooth transition at the end of the season.  I just pray this tool isnt our manager at the start of next season.

This really, the fans have turned on him and when that happens it's just a matter of time.

He may get 3 great performances and 3 results to end the season, and assuming that gives him the right to start next season as soon as we so much as see another poor performance have another poor result the chants for his head will start again.

I honestly don't think the board are that stupid and ignorant to know that recent performances and results have not been good enough and to realise that it's almost certain that some of the players have lost faith in him and no matter what happens between now and the end of the season the fans will make it well known of our dislike for him in the Arsenal game.

The club have made a difficult decision, and before the Liverpool game it was the decision the majority of us agreed upon, that is it would possibly do too much damage to sack him now then it would be to not sack him.

Hopefully they're just planning for a smooth transition at the end of the season.  I just pray this tool isnt our manager at the start of next season.

This really, the fans have turned on him and when that happens it's just a matter of time.

He may get 3 great performances and 3 results to end the season, and assuming that gives him the right to start next season as soon as we so much as see another poor performance have another poor result the chants for his head will start again.

I honestly don't think the board are that stupid and ignorant to know that recent performances and results have not been good enough and to realise that it's almost certain that some of the players have lost faith in him and no matter what happens between now and the end of the season the fans will make it well known of our dislike for him in the Arsenal game.

The club have made a difficult decision, and before the Liverpool game it was the decision the majority of us agreed upon, that is it would possibly do too much damage to sack him now then it would be to not sack him.

I would agree with that - the only way he goes before the end of the season now is if there's another disastrous capitulation against West Ham.

It would take something pretty special in terms of results and performances in these last 3 games to see him starting next season I reckon.

I'd dispute the "regular top 8 position" stuff. In the past 10 years we've only finished in the top 8 three times. Us being s*** isn't a recent phenomenon.

Then take it up with the Independent - they are the ones quoting the figures...

Incidentally, under KK we never finished lower than 6th, even under Dalglish we managed a 2nd place, SBR had us in the Top 4 a few times and 5th in the season before he was fired.

If you are quoting 10 years, remember that Ashley has been in charge for 6 now.....

Don't be daft man , you think they are doing this to deflect blame and pressure from themselves,  I really don't they give a s*** how people see them right now.  Derek certainly doesn't.  I think they got more important things to worry about.

Mike and Derek's first concern is their pockets,  and that is avoiding relegation at all cost right now.  This pr exercise is solely done because they think it actually helps the team.  To be fair I don't see it doing any harm.

If you believe they are NOT bothered about the fans blaming them, you are the one being daft...all they care about are STs being sold and if fans lay the blame at their feet, they won't be.

Also, Llambias has a vested interest in NOT being blamed - much as people think Ashley is his mate, if Ashley begins to blame Llambias for Pardew's appointment etc, he would have NO compunction about firing Llambias.

IF as you say, they don't care - why did they try to silence a reporter from one of the more respected broadsheets, faint praise though that may be as well as banning him..??

Not the actions of people who don't care what fans think of them....

Incidentally, the DT editor has said they WON'T apologize and will continue to tell the story from SJP as they are informed about it - NOT what the club wants them to print.....!

Yep - being a regular top 8 club just isn't true.

8th in the all time PL table

Only due to the heroics of Keegan and Robson. In between we've been bilge. Speaks volumes that by Premier League finishing position Pardew is our third most successful manager.

This is probably the first time in a very long time the club feels like it's on the right track on and off the pitch. The turd in the dugout is threatening to ruin that.

He's also likely to become the 2nd most unsuccessful though.