Alan Pardew

Mike

I have a very nasty feeling that they have no intention of firing him. They very publicly gave him an Eight year contract and full backing even if we had a poor season. I think we are stuck. It's actually a very depressing thought.

Then relegation might not be a bad thing. Not sure if I'd take that over 7 more years of Pardew.  :undecided:

no coming straight back up- might see off Ashley as well.

Just read the Ronny Gill http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-taylor-insists-newcastle-united-3316013

This comment from Ryder (I know he knows nowt but...) confirms what I thought that Pardew will still probably have the job when the dust settles on the season "United are set to stick with Alan Pardew and the hope is that once survival has been sealed, the Magpies can build again this summer.

And there is also a belief that once stars like Moussa Sissoko, Yoan Gouffran, Mathieu Debuchy, Massadio Haidara and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa get a pre-season under their belt, a stronger United will emerge."

I bet that's what Pardew has told the board, a latest in his line of excuses, "It's all because the January signings didn't get a full pre season". FFS.

Just read the Ronny Gill http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-taylor-insists-newcastle-united-3316013

This comment from Ryder (I know he knows nowt but...) confirms what I thought that Pardew will still probably have the job when the dust settles on the season "United are set to stick with Alan Pardew and the hope is that once survival has been sealed, the Magpies can build again this summer.

And there is also a belief that once stars like Moussa Sissoko, Yoan Gouffran, Mathieu Debuchy, Massadio Haidara and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa get a pre-season under their belt, a stronger United will emerge."

I bet that's what Pardew has told the board, a latest in his line of excuses, "It's all because the January signings didn't get a full pre season". FFS.

For once that's actually probably true. Hopefully it won't be under his tutelage though.

While we are well within our rights to sack him (and hopefully we do) - Llambias said he could be afforded a "bad season", this has been a disastrous one.

But I can only imagine the shite that would be printed in the papers, sacking last years manager of the year, flying in the face of earlier statements about stability etc.

Pardew strongly denied dressing room split! Says if Martinez claims he will win games he's confident, if Pardew says it it's arrogance!

(

)

Didn't someone on here make that comparison last night? :lol:

Isn't the eight year deal only to stop him being poached? I'm sure they'll be able to sack him for next to nowt. Why give cushty terms to a yes man?

Rather than the "eight years", the worry is that they'll see this season as a blip and won't want to sack him.

Reading a few of Ryder's articles and interviews with Roeder, clear the message is to give Pardew the chance to put things right and that we need stability not a managerial merry go round. In Oliver's time,his relationship with the boardroom at SJP, I would put a lot of significance in this being the message the club wants to send down to us, not so sure nowadays that Ryder is as informed as Oliver clearly was. But if I were a betting man, I would be putting a sizeable chunk of change on Pardew still being in charge if we stay up, no matter how that is achieved.

Guest icemanblue

Pardew strongly denied dressing room split! Says if Martinez claims he will win games he's confident, if Pardew says it it's arrogance!

(

)

Didn't someone on here make that comparison last night? :lol:

:lol: I've read that a few times, actually. Negative versus positive attitude was the context, I believe. He's got a point, like.

Guest icemanblue

Well, isn't this a pickle? It would appear we disagree, again. Yet the world keeps spinning and the sun continues to shine. We'll all grow old, and we'll all die. Life.

Wouldn't worry. If we finish 17th or lower he's a dead man walking.

Maybe but how long is the dead man walking for ? If he's still pacing around come the start of next season, we may have missed out on the better managerial candidates to replace him.

i actually think we might get something from West Ham, well certainly we wont get spanked silly.

Fat Sam is not that different from Pardew, if they get a goal they will most likely sit back hopefully  :naughty:

that will invite us onto them,

oh shit i forgot we are absolutely fucking toothless in attack.

I still believe this. All this public support is predictable, with 3 games to go everyone needs to be seen to be pulling in the same direction. Once the season's over let's see how willing they are to back Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

I hate the bloke (well as our manager), It hurts to say this but as this idiot will be in charge for the last 3 games. We have to get behind the team and in effect him.

Lets just get that one win, then cut this clown loose after the season.

I still believe this. All this public support is predictable, with 3 games to go everyone needs to be seen to be pulling in the same direction. Once the season's over let's see how willing they are to back Pardew.

If we are going to do this the right way then he must be sacked the day after the last game of the season.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130502/pardew-were-pulling-together_2281670_3164883

"I haven't even looked at the run-ins of the other clubs because it's very, very important that you focus on yourself"

Well this would make sense if it wasn't for the fact all he ever focuses on is the opposition, much to the detriment of our attacking play. I know he's talking about fixtures but why can't he adopt this attitude to our play, instead of just trying to stop whoever we are playing.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130502/pardew-were-pulling-together_2281670_3164883

"I haven't even looked at the run-ins of the other clubs because it's very, very important that you focus on yourself"

Well this would make sense if it wasn't for the fact all he ever focuses on is the opposition, much to the detriment of our attacking play. I know he's talking about fixtures but why can't he adopt this attitude to our play, instead of just trying to stop whoever we are playing.

Because he's a terrible manager living off a reputation built on a fluke season with Reading 300 years ago. Joe Kinnear Mk 2.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8685190/Newcastle-defender-Steven-Taylor-denies-disharmony-in-dressing-room

We go to West Ham and we're going looking for a win. The gaffer has touched on it. With three games to go we know we need at least three points.

I know a lot can be read into a turn of phrase etc...but hopefully he's done more than touch on it :lol:

:lol: Aye, probably just mentioned it in passing