Alan Pardew

Mike

Pardew got this season wrong, and we've had no luck this year for him to hide behind. However he should be given at least another half season, a fresh start, to prove that he is capable. He's earned that from last season's performance.

Like we played well thanks to him last season? People forgetting the hoofing before Ben Arfa saved our season?

Ben Arfa is one of our players TBF, he's allowed to win points for us.

Did I say anything else? In my opinion a manager should be able to manage a team no matter players. He'll get better results from better players, but he should be able to adapt. Pardew hasn't shown any signs of that in either seasons here. As soon as our defence buckled last season we were sent into a free-fall until Man U game and then until Ben Arfa came back. Pardew hasn't shown once that he can be a successful manager under his tenure here as shown this season. I'd love to be proven wrong, but his fifty different excuses for every loss or points loss shows he's a fraud.

Stability. It's tricky. SBR had a few poor seasons at the start of his reign, but we persevered. Because he was Bobby Robson. In five years time Pardew is still gonna be Alan Pardew.

We improved league position. Finished 11th twice. Apart from his 3 top 5 finishes. We've only been higher than 11th twice.

In what time frame? We've finished in the Premier League top half 9 times I think.

The years since he left.

Our first 4 years with KK was top 6 finishes. Since then we've only finished top half in Bobby's 3 top 5 seasons, Roeder's 7th and Pardew's 5th.

We've never finished 8th,9th or 10th. It's a European push or nothing with us.

Guest icemanblue

Pardew got this season wrong, and we've had no luck this year for him to hide behind. However he should be given at least another half season, a fresh start, to prove that he is capable. He's earned that from last season's performance.

Like we played well thanks to him last season? People forgetting the hoofing before Ben Arfa saved our season?

Did I say anything else? In my opinion a manager should be able to manage a team no matter players. He'll get better results from better players, but he should be able to adapt. Pardew hasn't shown any signs of that in either seasons here. As soon as our defence buckled last season we were sent into a free-fall until Man U game and then until Ben Arfa came back. Pardew hasn't shown once that he can be a successful manager under his tenure here as shown this season. I'd love to be proven wrong, but his fifty different excuses for every loss or points loss shows he's a fraud.

When were we in 'free fall' last season, like?

Can you not remember Pards' charity skydive?

While I agree in an ideal world we would stick with a manager through the bad times, there also has to be some sort of reason behind this other than "stability".

This could come in various forms such as, players all pulling together for the manager or style of play. In the case of the players, I don't honestly think (in my opinion) that they are. We know Colo had a fall out with him, Pardew said so himself and Cabaye doesn't look happy at all. This of course, is all just my opinion but watching the team play, it doesn't look like a team that knows their own teammates names let alone what they are supposed to be doing on the pitch.

This then brings me onto the second, and most important point.... style of play. Or should I say, lack of it. We seem to have the mentality of sit back for 80mins, then hope Cisse scores in the last few minutes. Regardless of the opposition.

When was the last time we dominated a game? How many times have we won by 2 goals? Then there is the set pieces. If Cabaye doesn't score direct, we don't score. And everyone knows about the corner situation.

If we are behind/level/in front (yeah righto) with 15mins to go... Hoy on Shola. Why? When was the last time he has done anything bar give away fouls?

Our shape goes more and more out the window with every substitution he makes, it's infuriating.

And that is it for me, Pardew just doesn't learn from what is happening. Everyone can call his subs 10mins before he makes them. If we can do it, so can the opposing manager. This obviously makes us a lot easier to play against.

The bottom line for me is, either Pardew can't see the mistakes he's making, in which case he should go. Or he, like the rest of us, can see what's going wrong but doesn't know how to fix it, in which case he should go.

?? :lol:

Check out our fixtures. After our 13 game unbeaten run or how many games it now was, we only won one out of the next 8. We then won 4 out of the next 9 before Benny started playing and we won 6 straight.

Guest icemanblue

Can you not remember Pards' charity skydive?

:lol: I can't. But, I bet his chosen charity saw none of that sponsorship, the horrible cunt.

Guest icemanblue

Check out our fixtures. After our 13 game unbeaten run or how many games it now was, we only won one out of the next 8.

1 win in 8 is free fall? What position did we fall to? I'm not checking our results, because it's you that's brought it up. I'd expect you to back it up.

Love the way you casually dismiss a 13 game unbeaten run.

Stability. It's tricky. SBR had a few poor seasons at the start of his reign, but we persevered. Because he was Bobby Robson. In five years time Pardew is still gonna be Alan Pardew.

We improved league position. Finished 11th twice. Apart from his 3 top 5 finishes. We've only been higher than 11th twice.

In what time frame? We've finished in the Premier League top half 9 times I think.

Obviously since SBR took over.

Oh. The 9 seasons since he left. We've finished higher than 11th.... twice. Including one relegation.

Pretty sure there were a fair few that backed Souness right to the end? Pardew, like all managers will always have people giving them the benefit of the doubt. Particularly after our highest finish for quite some time last season. I've come to accept that.

They're wrong but I accept their opinion :lol:

Check out our fixtures. After our 13 game unbeaten run or how many games it now was, we only won one out of the next 8.

1 win in 8 is free fall? What position did we fall to? I'm not checking our results, because it's you that's brought it up. I'd expect you to back it up.

Inochi man read the original post before coming with such stupid comments. I said I criticized his ability to change as soon as the circumstances started changing. I'm not dismissing that beginning of the season, however is inability to adapt to the team gathering injuries and inability to beat teams except some individual brilliance was a big worry last season.

As for me backing up for my arguments here we go, you tell if you find it acceptable:

5p out of 24p right after the unbeaten run, and then if you extend until Ben Arfa seriously got into the team it was 19p out of 51p. Now, is that acceptable? Is that not a free fall considering we picked up 24p out of 33p ?

Guest icemanblue

Inochi man read the original post before coming with such stupid comments. I said I criticized his ability to change as soon as the circumstances started changing. I'm not dismissing that beginning of the season, however is inability to adapt to the team gathering injuries and inability to beat teams except some individual brilliance was a big worry last season.

As for me backing up for my arguments here we go, you tell if you find it acceptable:

5p out of 24p right after the unbeaten run, and then if you extend until Ben Arfa seriously got into the team it was 19p out of 51p. Now, is that acceptable? Is that not a free fall considering we picked up 24p out of 33p ?

:lol: Stupid comments. I'm picking holes in your arguments again, man. It's easy to do, because you just wade right in without even thinking about what you're typing.

24 points out of 33 is nigh on league winning form, I really doubt we were going to be able to maintain that over a season. Especially with Pardew in charge, if you like? During our period of 'free fall', were we ever outside the top 8? You go on to say that he's never shown himself capable of being a successful manager here. Is 5th place not relatively successful for us? No, it wasn't pretty and, no, it obviously wasn't sustainable. But not successful?

There are plenty of arguments against his abilities, so there's really no need to the revisionist history in your post.

:lol: Stupid comments. I'm picking holes in your arguments again, man. It's easy to do, because you just wade right in without even thinking about what you're typing.

24 points out of 33 is nigh on league winning form, I really doubt we were going to be able to maintain that over a season. Especially with Pardew in charge, if you like? During our period of 'free fall', were we ever outside the top 8? You go on to say that he's never shown himself capable of being a successful manager here. Is 5th place not relatively successful for us? No, it wasn't pretty and, no, it obviously wasn't sustainable. But not successful?

There are plenty of arguments against his abilities, so there's really no need to the revisionist history in your post.

Picking holes in my arguments?  You went on to type something without even looking at the original post, you once again proved that you try to ''win'' arguments on here rather than provide arguments and have a discussion. This isn't a race and I'm not trying to win an argument with you, because with the incompetence and douche approach you use it's impossible to argue. If you tried to have a decent discussion not only would the atmosphere be a lot better but also more pleasant for everyone else who aren't part of the discussion.

Just to type it out a last time so you get it since you again disregarded from my main point which was that as soon as injuries started hitting he was incapable of maintaining some type of respected results and that had it not been for Ben Arfa we wouldn't have finished 5th, we could have easily slipped down the table even more, hence me calling it a freefall. I never expected us to maintain the same level, but I think the fact that we took 19p out of 51p shows that we just weren't good enough for big parts last season. 19p out of 51p is close to relegation form if you think about it. With that said I don't believe Pardew was successful last season, and I think for big parts the table didn't speak it's true words to our performances last season. I know many are happy to just look at results, but I am not, this is why I posted MY OPINION, not YOURS.

I can easily see the other side of things, but I don't agree with it, I won't lynch someone for it though, or try to be all hot stuff on here btw. Like I said, it's MY opinion, not yours but I also understand your way of things as it's been proven time and time again by other posters on here that it's hard to maintain a discussion with you.

Guest icemanblue

Well, that's all a bit much, but at least it's still light outside. Progress.

I couldn't agree less with your 'main point', but my issue was with what you used to support it, and I made that pretty clear. I maintain that this consistent revising of history does no ones arguments against him any good whatsoever. I'll not pick out what I don't agree with in that last post as it's all getting a bit heated, and it's there for all to see.

Now some are reasoning that he shouldn't get more time (like Fergy once did) because he didn't win anything before he came here.

You mean like what Dalglish, Gullit and Souness had ?  :idiot2:

Personally I'm not sure where I stand regarding his departure. The way some are clamouring for his head instantly you'd think Mourinho or AVB was waiting in the wings to come in, but the reality is that we'll most likely just stumble into another appointment which will split the fans. Let's face it apart from Keegan and SBR no one has had great support from the fans for very long.

On reflection I think I'd give him until the end of the season and possibly the begining of next season with a firm understanding that if there is not a significant upturn in both results and performance levels then it's curtains.

Now some are reasoning that he shouldn't get more time (like Fergy once did) because he didn't win anything before he came here.

Personally I'm not sure where I stand regarding his departure. The way some are clamouring for his head instantly you'd think Mourinho or AVB was waiting in the wings to come in, but the reality is that we'll most likely just stumble into another appointment which will split the fans. Let's face it apart from Keegan and SBR no one has had great support from the fans for very long.

On reflection I think I'd give him until the end of the season and possibly the begining of next season with a firm understanding that if there is not a significant upturn in both results and performance levels then it's curtains.

You might think that, or you might think it was because we're really, really close to getting fucking relegated.

The only reason I can fathom for anyone wanting him to stay is that they've formed some sort of bond with the man.

He's still in credit from last season's performance - that's my reasoning for it. Just the bog standard "but we finished 5th last season."

It was - pretty much - my view until it became as clear as crystal that he was a bag of wank.

Was thinking about it again today. Reading 1-2 (h). 0-3 Sunderland (h). 0-6 Liverpool (h). Has there been a triumvirate of more disgusting results in one season? I can't even think of three stand-out ones from the relegation season that would rival that trio. That's without even mentioning the home defeats to West Ham and Swansea which, although pretty awful, weren't anywhere near as bad.

Nowt new in this post but sometimes, when you sit back and look at it. How anyone can advocate keeping him after this season, it beggars belief.

I'd give him more time if there were reasons outside his control for us being fucking shite. But Cisse right wing, Sissoko as a number 10 and Cabaye as a borderline sweeper. Its basic stuff and he's been doing it for a year.

You might think that, or you might think it was because we're really, really close to getting f***ing relegated.

:lol: