Alan Pardew

Mike

I see no benefit in giving him 'a few games next season'. It's ridiculous. He's not going to change that much over a couple of months. You either give him next season or you bin him after this one.

5-10 games in and it doesn't look good. Who are we going to get? No pre-season with the new guy, not his signings, etc. Just problems all over, plus who's going to good and available who'll be luckily out of work come October? Dread to imagine the dregs this lot will find as they do their 'ring around'.

Absolutely. The idea of keeping him to see how we do in the first two or three months is completely batshit mental. That's exactly what Shepherd used to do and why we kept writing off season after season.

Yep. I was prepared to give him till Christmas, but it's clear he's not going to improve. We'd just be prolonging the inevitable which would leave us even worse off in the long-run.

It's exactly what I expect to happen, mind you. Gone by the time it's too late.

Wanting to give Pardew more time is akin to sticking your dick in a fan and hoping for the best.  Surely now they see this.  So how come I remain unconvinced that they do?

Nee idea why some fans would gladly accept Pardew bumming them tbh.

Yep. I was prepared to give him till Christmas, but it's clear he's not going to improve. We'd just be prolonging the inevitable which would leave us even worse off in the long-run.

It's exactly what I expect to happen, mind you. Gone by the time it's too late.

This is plainly what will happen I fear.

Yep, not at all confident he will be sacked.

I'm also still of the belief that if we did, despite it being the perfect opportunity to match up a talented squad with a manager capable of using them we would end up with someone really uninspiring. Despite losing faith in the bloke I'm not one of those who believe anyone would be better, we would have a real opportunity to push on but I have no faith we will actually do it.

Sort of changed my mind in the recent days. Don't think he'll be sacked at all.

They'll try to sign even more players and get another coach in. They'll point to not making "kneejerk decisions" and having confidence that Pardew can have the team rediscovering their form of 2011/12.

Who in their right mind would follow the advice to sign for us now? Who in our team would even recommend the club under him?

It's going to be disastrous.

If Pardew is going to get the boot I reckon we'll already be someway down to the road to sorting out his replacement. Given the way we conduct transfer activity i'm sure we'll have done our research, identified some targets and perhaps even made contact.

I actually don't believe we'd jump into another managerial appointment because the target in question was cheap and available. We seem to do things a bit more professionally these days.

All this talk of giving Pardew a few games next season worries me tbh. His pre-seasons haven't exactly been great to-date and another one could do further damage to a seemingly fragile squad.

Guest icemanblue

Sick of hearing you lot moan about him now. You're all dead to me.

You've taken that well, Bimpy. Two days ago now, wasn't it?

Why do people put their dicks in fans?  Even the Marquis de Sade would shake his head in bemusement.

I bet he loved a bit of groupie love.

There was some punk rocker who actually did stick his dick in a fan, and filmed it.

http://www.4vf.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/cf8ae080a6n_1019.jpg.jpg

Anyone can do it too tbf.

I'm feeling so miserable that even if we avoid relegation, which should come with relief and happiness, all I can think about is that we're going to be stuck with Monsieur Pardew.