Alan Pardew

Mike

Finally some positive news.

Where , I don't see anything positive at all here, he's just fearful that they could sack. He would be stupider than stupid if he wasn't. Don't know why anyone is getting excited over this at all, when llambias of Ashley come out and say they are considering his position then I'll be more accepting that it might just happen. But really par dew saying he is worried about his job is not news worthy at all,

Finally some positive news.

Where , I don't see anything positive at all here, he's just fearful that they could sack. He would be stupider than stupid if he wasn't. Don't know why anyone is getting excited over this at all, when llambias of Ashley come out and say they are considering his position then I'll be more accepting that it might just happen. But really par dew saying he is worried about his job is not news worthy at all,

He's saying there's a possibility he'll be sacked even if we survive. That's like seeing the light at the end of a dark tunnel.

Alan Pardew reckons Newcastle's failure to land Loic Remy in January is partly to blame for their precarious Premier League position.

The France striker was set to join from Marseille only to change his mind and sign for QPR, who host Pardew's side on Sunday.

Rangers are already relegated despite Remy's five goals and Newcastle, who go into the weekend with a cushion of just three points on third-bottom Wigan, could yet join them in the Championship.

Pardew said: "The fact that we lost out on Loic Remy was a major blow to our season. We lost our main goalscorer Demba Ba to Chelsea and he was our replacement.

"We felt he was going to sign for us and then at the last minute, he changed his mind, and that was a particular blow to us because it's very difficult to get a striker in that window.

"We had to move for Moussa Sissoko, who probably we may have done at the end of the year if we had got Loic Remy, and he is not a goalscorer. He's a midfield player-cum-number 10.

"It's put extra pressure on us that he didn't arrive, so for that reason, I was disappointed. But I don't fear him on Sunday. We have to be good enough to cope with the qualities he has got, which are many."

Newcastle host Arsenal on the final day of the season, and Pardew said: It's just unfair for us to talk about Wigan, it's more about us. We have still got six points to play for - we think they are two games we can win."

Guest firetotheworks

Argh God. Chalk up that as a new excuse then. Missing out on Remy. What next man? 9/11?

Guest firetotheworks

Argh God. Chalk up that as a new excuse then. Missing out on Remy. What next man? 9/11?

Boston marathon bombs.

The pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre

tbf, we're all dead against it.

Guest firetotheworks

He has used countless s**** excuses in the past but with this one he has a good point.

It depends on whether we would have got Sissoko, Debuchy, Gouffran, Haidara and Yanga Mbiwa as well. In fact, nah. What am I even doing entertaining it!? He's full of absolute shit man. I would sympathise if he actually endeavoured to getting the best out of Cisse's game, or anyone else's for that matter.

I HATE the whole transfer excuse.

Pardew was making some horrific decisions last season and a lot more well before January. Yes we should have strengthened in the summer but even with the squad we had pre-January, a decent manager would have had us playing better football and probably far away from any relegation fears.

It was only when the season started going sour that Pardew started peddling this shit.