Alan Pardew

Mike

YOU FUCKING WHAT?!????!!!

I hope those fans who chanted for a wave today are fucking proud of themselves. Arseholes.

Same jobless cunts that sing songs about Jonas and Ameobi. Wankers.

He should be sacked for that alone. Staggering.

Another frankly baffling statement. I honestly think that ranks alongside his quotes before the Mackems (I.e. having no time to prepare and the team seeing the tactics board on the morning of the game) as the most ridiculous statement I've heard from a manage of a top flight team since I've been a supporter.

The fact it's from our fucking manager makes it doubly depressing.

He should be sacked for that alone. Staggering.

Another frankly baffling statement. I honestly think that ranks alongside his quotes before the Mackems (I.e. having no time to prepare and the team seeing the tactics board on the morning of the game) as the most ridiculous statement I've heard from a manage of a top flight team since I've been a supporter.

The fact it's from our fucking manager makes it doubly depressing.

Don't get wound up mate.

Thought it might be a bit more easy going on here, tonight. Bit of relief doing wonders for people's moods. What's to be gained from picking through his every word, getting yourself wound up? We are where we are (because of him etc), but we're safe. Let the summer take its course and see how things turn out.

Nah, mate. c***'s got to go, full stop. Why hang around and wait when we are all very well aware that this is the case right now?

Right? That wasn't what I was saying, really. Only one man can make that call. It'll happen at the end of the season, if it's going to happen.

Aye, I agree, but you can understand why people are calling for it (again) tonight. We're safe, that's what we've all been waiting for. "Once we're safe he can f*** off" has been most people's opinions.

We're now safe, we've just watched another pretty dismal performance, those quotes certainly won't appease anyone, regardless of his intent behind them. I kind of agree with Ian, he's a relieved man and will be tongue in cheek mostly, but at the same time he f***ing means it, especially the Europa League comment. That one really f***ing stinks. Our best players won't be happy we're not in that competition: Are they going to want to wait another year playing for us to try and  play a higher level of football, or try and move up a club? I know what I'd do.

I'm a fan, I can sit and wait for European football, I have no choice. Our international players do have a choice. With nonsense like that, after scraping safety, I'd be livid if I was one of our good players after the stuff he's promised them.

Guest bimpy474

fwiw, I think the Europa League comments are a billion times worse than the Arsenal ones. Shows a worrying lack of ambition or ability to keep things together.

Shows he just can't cope, he really isn't good enough for this level. Nearly 100% of managers relish the challenge, this muppett on the other hand.

Oh shit, we're going to be in the premiere league next season. That's going to take quite the toll. I'm confident Pardew can get us out of it though. About time we got our priorities in order, tbf. Thanks, Pards!

Guest neesy111

I wonder whether players really do mind about being in the Europea League or not? Honest question.

:serious:

I don’t really care if Arsenal win 4-0

Fucking hell. :lol:

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean that literally like.

:lol: Jesus Christ.

You actually believe a manager doesn't care if he gets hammered?

He said it, man.  Why the fuck did he say it then? :lol:

As I've said about three times, because he's incredibly relieved we've stayed up. And he has a tendency to be too casual in interviews.

It still doesn't make any sense.  It's indefensible for a Newcastle manager to say that, and you're defending it.  Again.

Sigh. Fair play, as I said it's pointless me trying to have any debate, I should have known better.

There's a debate to be had about our manager saying he doesnt care if we get hammered at home again and that he's glad we're not in Europe? Really?

Guest icemanblue

Thought it might be a bit more easy going on here, tonight. Bit of relief doing wonders for people's moods. What's to be gained from picking through his every word, getting yourself wound up? We are where we are (because of him etc), but we're safe. Let the summer take its course and see how things turn out.

Why?

Now we can throughly go through the reason for this shit stain of a season.  The manager is ultimately to blame for that.

Why what?

Believe me, the reason has been established beyond any reasonable doubt. Repeatedly. They're daft quotes, no doubt about it, but they're the words of the single most relieved man on the planet. I might understand it better if I wanted to be wound up by them. I don't know, tonight I want to relax properly for the first time in a couple of months.

Who's wound up? :lol:

You, for one. :lol:

It's proper ridiculous stuff, I'll give you that. Probably not a 'sackable offence', but still ridiculous.

Nah, I find it hilarious. :lol:

That'll be why you want him sacked for them, then. :thup:

Whatever, anyway. I'll give this thread a miss tonight.

Er, I wanted him sacked anyway.

Not sure how that's relevant, like. Most of us do. You asked me who was wound up. Nearly everyone is. You said he should be sacked for the comments, even though you only found them hilarious.

I said he should be sacked for those comments alone. Ie never mind the absolute abortion of a season he's overseen.

This is going nowhere. You're free to continue to think I'm wound up if helps your 'too cool for this forum' patter. :lol:

Jesus. I'll class that as a canny bite. Dave getting personal. You asked the question.

Ignoring the 4-0 thing completely, how can that NOT be his genuine opinion about the Europa League when he's been blaming it for our shite form and injuries all season?

I don’t really care if Arsenal win 4-0

Fucking hell. :lol:

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean that literally like.

:lol: Jesus Christ.

You actually believe a manager doesn't care if he gets hammered?

He said it, man.  Why the fuck did he say it then? :lol:

As I've said about three times, because he's incredibly relieved we've stayed up. And he has a tendency to be too casual in interviews.

It still doesn't make any sense.  It's indefensible for a Newcastle manager to say that, and you're defending it.  Again.

Sigh. Fair play, as I said it's pointless me trying to have any debate, I should have known better.

There's a debate to be had about our manager saying he doesnt care if we get hammered at home again and that he's glad we're not in Europe? Really?

Yes, but as I said there's no point me trying to have it with some people.

That's a sackable offence surely. If Ashley got Keegan in after that Chelsea home match where he was disillusioned we couldn't challenge the top 4, Ashley will be pissed off with this.

I wonder whether players really do mind about being in the Europea League or not? Honest question.

I don't give a shit whether the players want to or not. I do.

Guest bimpy474

Well why would players leave Champions League and Europa League teams to play for us if were not interested in being in Europe at all (wages ok).

Mind boggling that he can come up with yet more comments that the players may find baffling.

Missed this from watching Homeland. Are these quotes for real? How self-absorbed, insensitive and downright thick do you have to be to make comments like that? And how blinkered do you have to be to defend that? I'm incredulous and furious. He genuinely believes he has achieved something and has the right to wax lyrical about it. What a despicable, egotistical cur. If he doesn't go it's an absolute smack in the face and a travesty. Also speaks volumes about the true intentions of Ashley et al.

Guest strongbow69

Thank fuck we didn't have the extra burden of cup runs like Swansea and Wigan.

salient point, yet pards wants to win a cup next year, too many games

Ignoring the 4-0 thing completely, how can that NOT be his genuine opinion about the Europa League when he's been blaming it for our shite form and injuries all season?

I think he probably is genuinely pleased about not having to deal with the Europa League again. Quite a few managers probably share this opinion, but most are sensible enough not to say anything in public. Many pundits say that it is an unnecessary burden.

I don't think it means he will actively try not to qualify in future though, that would be ridiculous.