Alan Pardew

Mike

You have to keep perspective. Ridiculous to suggest we create no chances. Earlier in the thread I posted a compilation of .com waffle about the games we've performed quite well in over the past 4 months.  Seems a majority of posters want to wallow in negativity.

Which included games in which we definitely did not perform well - like Stoke and Wigan. But aye, whatever.

No, you posted a few segments that showed we had performed well in a half or so. How many times have we sustained a performance for a full 90 minutes? You could count it on 1 hand this season.

And your the most negative bloke here ffs, your outright claiming that Pardew is the best Ashley will provide so we should just suck it up and accept it. People want Pardew gone because they believe this club can achieve far more without this berk holding us back, it's the opposite of negativity, it's aspiring for better.

If your aim is to dominate games for 90 minutes you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

:lol:

We've been dominated more times on our own pitch within the last month than we've done all year :lol:

Even in the worst domination, suffered at the hands of Liverpool, we created opportunities. Perch missed a free header from 5 yards that would put us back in the running. Pardew can't put chances like that away for the players.

Meh, if Pardew is still in charge at the beginning of next season, I'm sure I'll find it in my heart to give him a clean slate. Whey, a reasonably clean slate. A grubby slate.

Hopefully, with a whole pre-season with the French noobs and some decent additions, even Alan "THE WHITE TERRY CONNOR" Pardew can have us performing closer to 2011/12 than 2012/13. If I had the same unwavering doubt as others that another Ashley appointment would have an immediate positive effect, perhaps I'd be joining KI's march on SJP's ramparts like, but currently that is not the case. Very meh, but won't spend my summer in a state of constant fury if he clings on.

:lol: :lol: we lost six fucking nil man, no team in world football scores every chance that they get so merely saying that we missed a chance doesn't mean anything, when we're missing sitter upon sitter we can feel hard done by.

"Hew man we created a chance in that six nil defeat you radgie, point proven, winner"

If they don't sack him then we need a major revamp of our coaches/physios etc. I get the impression we cost cut in a lot of areas and we probably have less personal than we should.

We've been dominated more times on our own pitch within the last month than we've done all year :lol:

Even in the worst domination, suffered at the hands of Liverpool, we created opportunities. Perch missed a free header from 5 yards that would put us back in the running. Pardew can't put chances like that away for the players.

Maybe don't play 3/4 defensive midfielders in the same game (at home!) then you wouldn't get James fucking Perch being the most advanced player missing easy chances than an attacking player would most likely bury.

No, you posted a few segments that showed we had performed well in a half or so. How many times have we sustained a performance for a full 90 minutes? You could count it on 1 hand this season.

And your the most negative bloke here ffs, your outright claiming that Pardew is the best Ashley will provide so we should just suck it up and accept it. People want Pardew gone because they believe this club can achieve far more without this berk holding us back, it's the opposite of negativity, it's aspiring for better.

If your aim is to dominate games for 90 minutes you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Are you unwell?

:lol: :lol: we lost six fucking nil man, no team in world football scores every chance that they get.

"Hew man we created a chance in that six nil defeat you radgie, point proven, winner"

So the players should be allowed to miss chances without examination but Pardew has to dominate the opposition for the full 90 minutes. Any endeavor from the opposition cannot be tolerated.

:lol: fuck sake man

:lol: :lol: we lost six fucking nil man, no team in world football scores every chance that they get.

So the players should be allowed to miss chances without examination but Pardew has to dominate the opposition for the full 90 minutes. Any endeavor from the opposition cannot be tolerated.

No

Maybe don't play 3/4 defensive midfielders in the same game (at home!) then you wouldn't get James fucking Perch being the most advanced player missing easy chances than an attacking player would most likely bury.

I picked the worst possible example of a game. The second worst would have been the mackems....

Mignolet making two stops to deny Papiss Cisse, one more cleared off the line and an errant linesman's flag denying our number nine a perfectly good goal.

Fucking hell man it's proper shocking that the opposition are allowed someone to guard the goal line and make saves like, it's like they don't want us to score goals against them or something.

Anyway I'm out, this is the most baseless argument I've ever read.

That's still overlooking how utterly dreadful we played those games though. At home with the players we have we should be creating chances, don't care who we're playing against.

We played absolutely shit them two matches, it was a complete embarrassment.

:lol: Absolutely stunning line of argument.

I think if he stays we'll stay up comfortably, but the football will still be without a general pattern and we'll rely on getting the ball to the best players and hoping they do something. I also think we're in major trouble of losing Cabaye, Coloccini and Ben Arfa because in a world cup year they won't want to play under a man who restricts their ability to perform well by not creating a side that's set up with purpose and an attacking game plan.

Fucking hell man it's proper shocking that the opposition are allowed someone to guard the goal line and make saves like, it's like they don't want us to score goals against them or something.

It was baseless to say we create no chances.

I'm not saying we overrun teams and create chance after chance. But we scored 2 and had one disallowed yesterday that could easily have been given.  So we do make the opportunities.

:lol: f*** sake man

I don't agree with all the points the lad is making, but have to say I agree that it's unrealistic to expect to dominate a game for 90 minutes - the opposition are always going to have a spell where they're on top, it's the resilience to ride out those spells that's important.

Maybe don't play 3/4 defensive midfielders in the same game (at home!) then you wouldn't get James f***ing Perch being the most advanced player missing easy chances than an attacking player would most likely bury.

I picked the worst possible example of a game. The second worst would have been the mackems....

Mignolet making two stops to deny Papiss Cisse, one more cleared off the line and an errant linesman's flag denying our number nine a perfectly good goal.

What about all the chances the opposition miss? How many good chances did Liverpool spurn when they stuck 6 past us? Should they blame their players for it not being 10?

Chances are missed. That's football. If you create enough GOOD ones, you'll probably win. But of all our shots last season, only 4% were in the 6 yard box. Four fucking percent. The joint worst record in the whole league.

Guest firetotheworks

f***ing hell man it's proper shocking that the opposition are allowed someone to guard the goal line and make saves like, it's like they don't want us to score goals against them or something.

It was baseless to say we create no chances.

I'm not saying we overrun teams and create chance after chance. But we scored 2 and had one disallowed yesterday that could easily have been given.  So we do make the opportunities.

We didn't even create our goals though, QPR did. :lol:

I don't agree with all the points the lad is making, but have to say I agree that it's unrealistic to expect to dominate a game for 90 minutes - the opposition are always going to have a spell where they're on top, it's the resilience to ride out those spells that's important.

He didn't say it was mad to expect 90 minutes of domination, he said it was mad to aim for it.

Which is clearly bullshit. You should aim to always be on top but be prepared to cope when you're not.

It's like when Pardew says before the QPR game "I can't say that this game is a game that we're confident of winning". It's horrid negativity. You should ALWAYS be confident of winning. You should ALWAYS aim to dominate the opposition. But in both cases you should be prepared for the possibility that it will not happen.  But that shouldn't change what you aim for, otherwise you're beaten before you start.