Alan Pardew

Mike

Just done that Chronicle thing. God that bit about what one question would you ask Pardew was so hard. There's so many questions I want answered!

I went for the:

'Why in 2.5 years at Newcastle have you not been able to implement a style of play that means regardless of the personnel available the players will be comfortable & familiar playing a style that best suits their abilities?'

(or something along those lines)

Can you name the last Newcastle manager to do this?

Irrespective of how shit or inexperienced your players are, why don't they play well?

:D

If the only remotely tangible argument is that 'there may be someone worse come in' and that the clubs aspirations correlate then we are f***ed as fans. It's not beyond the realms of possibility but the more thread relevant issue remains that this man is hugely culpable, the easiest to replace and, whether he will or not, SHOULD cease to be the manager of this club. This is the time where we'll see the truest colours of this regime.

Sadly if you look at Ashley's other appointments that's where we are as fans & the true colours of this regime is they don't want to sack their drinking buddy.

Should he go then; in a footballing sense? If so does that make us unreasonable in our expectations?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Just done that Chronicle thing. God that bit about what one question would you ask Pardew was so hard. There's so many questions I want answered!

I went for the:

'Why in 2.5 years at Newcastle have you not been able to implement a style of play that means regardless of the personnel available the players will be comfortable & familiar playing a style that best suits their abilities?'

Not that it is relevant or that they had as long but we generally played the same way under Hughton most of the time, likewise Robson 10 years ago.

Both played Kick and Rush a lot of the time though - so not a million miles from what we're playing a lot of the time now - just with better fitting personal.

Guest icemanblue

and so would any other manager. Curbishley, Hoddle, whoever he appoints

Because it wont be £5M per annum Benitez I'll tell you that much.

That's the state we're in as a club. A vehicle to advertise Sports Direct basically.

You don't know what we would pay a new manager or who it might be.

See, that's where this indisputable evidence of personal history comes into play, Mick. They've never forked out big bucks for a manager before, so they can't now.

Guest Haris Vuckic

That's the state we're in as a club. A vehicle to advertise Sports Direct basically.

I'll just study Ashley's form, Hughton/Pardew's wage & previous recruitment techniques as my methodology then.

What's yours? Wishful thinking?

Guest Haris Vuckic

See, that's where this indisputable evidence of personal history comes into play, Mick. They've never forked out big bucks for a manager before, so they can't now.

Pardew never ''pulled it round'' before so he can't now. etc etc.

I went for the:

Not that it is relevant or that they had as long but we generally played the same way under Hughton most of the time, likewise Robson 10 years ago.

Both played Kick and Rush a lot of the time though - so not a million miles from what we're playing a lot of the time now - just with better fitting personal.

Hence the personnel aspect of the question, we don't get the best out of ours. I have absolutely no problem with direct football and it was a hell of a lot better under whoever than the way we try and fail to play it at the moment.

I went for the:

Pardew plays a similar style to Bobby Robson? Are you on some sort of hard drugs?

Guest Haris Vuckic

If the only remotely tangible argument is that 'there may be someone worse come in' and that the clubs aspirations correlate then we are f***ed as fans. It's not beyond the realms of possibility but the more thread relevant issue remains that this man is hugely culpable, the easiest to replace and, whether he will or not, SHOULD cease to be the manager of this club. This is the time where we'll see the truest colours of this regime.

Sadly if you look at Ashley's other appointments that's where we are as fans & the true colours of this regime is they don't want to sack their drinking buddy.

Should he go then; in a footballing sense? If so does that make us unreasonable in our expectations?

If the expectations we're matched by the clubs ambition/investment they wouldn't be unreasonable.

A tiny squad lacking quality/depth finishing 7th whilst playing 50 + games? Nah.

Load of shite.

Curbishley ffs. It's easy to play this game.

"I'd like a new striker"

"You what?! You want to sign Ade Akinbiyi?!"

"Umm well a full back maybe?"

"Oh so now you're happy to re-sign Peter Ramage?!"

How many examples are there of us paying more for a replacement than we got for the player sold?

With players Ashley can justify a few quid more too, as he can potentially recoup it.  He knows whatever he pays a manager he's not getting back.

Guest icemanblue

Absolutely nailed that questionnaire :smug:

My question to Pardew was: Your negative tactics contradict the players we have. Why do you persist with them?

Hi Temuri,

You know what? You're absolutely right. I'll sell them all in the summer.

Thanks for your support,

Alan

Guest Haris Vuckic

I went for the:

Pardew plays a similar style to Bobby Robson? Are you on some sort of hard drugs?

Did you ever watch Bobby Robson''s teams? There was a good deal of long ball/reliance on wingers sticking it in the box.

They were in for Redknapp and Keegan when they brought Keegan back for the 2nd time.

I remember Ben Arfa earlier in the season talking about how he hoped we would be ambitious and aim to be one of the big teams in europe etc

Alan Pardew: "Thank god we're not in Europe again"

I really fear for some of our better players this summer.

My question to Pardew was: Your negative tactics contradict the players we have. Why do you persist with them?

Hi Temuri,

Thanks for your support,

Alan

Like he has any say

:yao:

Curbishley ffs. It's easy to play this game.

"I'd like a new striker"

"You what?! You want to sign Ade Akinbiyi?!"

"Umm well a full back maybe?"

"Oh so now you're happy to re-sign Peter Ramage?!"

How many examples are there of us paying more for a replacement than we got for the player sold?

With players Ashley can justify a few quid more too, as he can potentially recoup it.  He knows whatever he pays a manager he's not getting back.

Shouldn't the question be how many have been replaced with better, rather than how much we paid for them?

Guest icemanblue

They were in for Redknapp and Keegan when they brought Keegan back for the 2nd time.

Yep. Opted for the out of work option of Keegan. Wonder how much he was getting paid?

I went for the:

Did you ever watch Bobby Robson''s teams? There was a good deal of long ball/reliance on wingers sticking it in the box.

Bobby Robson's teams always played positively and tried to score goals. That is the polar opposite of Pardew.

Guest icemanblue

Hi Temuri,

Thanks for your support,

Alan

Like he has any say

:yao:

PR man, isn't he? Bullshitter, etc.

I'm wasted here.

I went for the:

:lol: :lol: Direct football can be fast paced and exiting like it was under Robson, to even try and compare that with Pardew's backs to wall containment bullshit is fucking ridiculous.

I remember Ben Arfa earlier in the season talking about how he hoped we would be ambitious and aim to be one of the big teams in europe etc

Alan Pardew: "Thank god we're not in Europe again"

I really fear for some of our better players this summer.

If numpty dumpty is still here I'm expecting at least 3 transfer requests.