Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Gemmill

You know, for some people the club might be the only thing that they have right now, so it might just hurt a little bit more, since we are all human, can we not just accept that as being okay?

:lol: Dawson's Club.

Dawson's Club? Am I missing something here?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/52419/dawson-crying-o.gif

Awesome! Ace! Swell!

Although just had a look through his posts and it does in fact seem like Gemmill is a complete cunt, so I shouldn't have been surprised.

:lol: "THIS CLUB IS ALL I GOT MAAAAAAN!"

Oh and we don't use that naughty c-word on here.

Guest Gemmill

Aye I get the distinct impression that it depends who it's directed at.

Usually we just say Gemmill instead.

Oof.

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for

Look at me, look at me: I know Greek philosophy. Pathetic...

Guest bimpy474

Stability is great if the manager isn't a clueless idiotic fanny magnet.

Isn't that just another Pardew myth, like the one about him being good at PR?

Silver fox imagine i suppose.

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for

Look at me, look at me: I know Greek philosophy. Pathos

Look at me, look at me: I know Greek philosophy. Pathos

Brilliant :spit:

When Ashley, Derek and Pards get together for their appraisal of the year they should have football Strategy at the top of their list. Followed closely by New manager and or Coaches...

We haven't seen any positive flowing passing football from this team for quite a while, the players seem to be playing with fear/anxiety always, even when we came fifth the football wasn't great to watch. We get glimpses of it for ten minutes here and there but never an constant imposing threat like you see when Man City/Utd or Arsenal play you, in a lesser form Stoke, Everton and Swansea could all be seen as possessing an imposing style.

The other major worry for me is that Pardew comes across as having mediocre intelligence, this will severely limit our chances, he just seems to lack any depth whatsoever which will eventually be translated through the team set up, phsycology and peripheral support entities/personel. Just have a quick think about the other top managers and whether or not they come across as much more sharp/quick witted/intelligent/strategists... You only need to follow his media outbursts to realise he is a close relation of Terry Fu**wit.

Ferguson, wenger, Hittzfeld (another campaign anyone?), Mourinho, you can see it instantly accompanied by drive, security in their own ideals...etc...etc..etc.

I hope Ashley (or derek) is also intelligent, he will be able to see this clearly when he analyses the past two seasons, he needs to shoulder some of the responsibility aswell. :knuppel2:

You know, for some people the club might be the only thing that they have right now, so it might just hurt a little bit more, since we are all human, can we not just accept that as being okay?

Awesome! Ace! Swell!

Although just had a look through his posts and it does in fact seem like Gemmill is a complete cunt, so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Then why do you keep quoting people who use it?

Guest Gemmill

Awesome! Ace! Swell!

Cos they keep quoting me to use it. AND THAT IS NAUGHTY.

Awesome! Ace! Swell!

Cos they keep quoting me to use it. AND THAT IS NAUGHTY.

Why do they keep quoting you to use it?

I'm not really too concerned with what style of play we have as long as it's producing results. I'd rather we finished 5th and mixed it up a bit then did a 'we won the passing' and finished below mid-table. Unfortunately we have neither at the moment which is what needs to change. Pardew seems to try and change his style dependant on the team we are playing (last season more than this).

Guest alijmitchell

Awesome! Ace! Swell!

Although just had a look through his posts and it does in fact seem like Gemmill is a complete c***, so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Oh dear. I'm not sure I said that the club was all that I have. I was just initially trying to make a reasoned reply to your vilification of people that are upset with the way things are going, and the way you seem to think that people caring a lot about the club is something to mocked. For what it is worth, I said cunt because it is was the first word that came to mind, but since you don't like that word, I'll just say that you come across like a vile, bullying, ignorant fool.

Guest Gemmill

Cos this club is all they've got and they care too much. :(

I have a solution for you.

NSFW, don't click if offended by the c word etc etc

Solution

It's not me that needs a solution loki. It's the resident crybabies whose lives are falling apart because a man hasn't lost his job.

Cos this club is all they've got and they care too much. :(

I have a solution for you.

NSFW, don't click if offended by the c word etc etc

Solution

It's not me that needs a solution loki. It's the resident crybabies whose lives are falling apart because a man hasn't lost his job.

The other striking thing about the Villa experience is that their fans have stuck by the team, and I’m not sure our own supporters would have done the same, given the very recent memories of relegation and Ashley’s unpopularity.

I think that is very true, our fans did stick with the team, but - and this is the important bit - the way supporters treat their side is in large part influenced by what went before.

For example, I can say that last year under McFuck was the most unremittingly depressing, negative, shameful mess of a season. There's a reason we dropped almost 10k season ticket holders over one summer, too - lots of people saw it coming, and couldn't believe we'd set ourselves up for that.

Given the grimness of the man who preceeded him, Lambert has had more support as manager than anyone I can ever remember - certainly for a manager who has us not safe with a week to go. Yes, the supporters buy into the side and there's a close bond between them, players and manager, but you can't ignore the effect of last season.

The same thing goes for you. You had a great season last year, got lots and lots of plaudits (certainly, our fans were dripping with jealousy at the time), and signed some really exciting players.

What you've been served up this season, by comparison, is effectively a plate of cold dog shit. You have every single right to be annoyed about it - as you've seen how last season went.

You are comparing what happened last season and what has happened this, and the disparity is immense, so big that someone quite obviously has dropped a season long sequence of bollocks.

I'm not surprised you want him out.

Well we don't all want him out, and I'm not sure that the opinion of supporters in general is as hostile to Pardew as it is on this forum. Probably a question of degree.

I think you're right that everyone's expectations of the team were raised after we finished 5th, and now we've come back down to earth. Whether Pardew's to blame and should be sacked is another matter.

I can remember quite a few years ago, when we were in the old Second Division and managed by Ardiles, we had a very young side - average age was about 22. They really struggled but the supporters appreciated their efforts and didn't turn against them. The crowd cut them some slack because of their youth. I have the bizarre memory of watching us lose 4-0 at Southend, and the fans applauding the team off the pitch. However, when it got to the point when the trapdoor to the Third Division really started to yawn and there was no sign of improvement, the mood changed. Ardiles was sacked, Keegan was appointed, and we just did enough to stay up.

What I think has worked out well for your team is that the performances improved just at the time when the situation was becoming critical. Keeping hope alive at the crucial moment may have been key to keeping the supporters onside.