Alan Pardew

Mike

We've scored less, lost more, won less and conceded more than ever. The performances have been so poor that I've considered jacking the season ticket in next year. His football is awful, doesn't entertain anyone and going to the game simply isn't enjoyable for me any more, I go more out of duty and a misguided obligation rather than in the expectation of, god forbid, seeing a Newcastle team attacking the opposition.

Not one player has improved in the last year, his tactics are cowardly, sterile and negative. His use of substitutions are as baffling as they are negative. The regression is results and performances has been shockingly bad, the squad and the players are going backwards at a rate of knots and the worrying thing is that Pardew looks helpless to stop it. One look at his CV shows that this pattern has been repeated elsewhere - start well, initial success followed by a tailing off process that ultimately ends in the sack.

I've lost all faith in him turning this around and I'd rather he wasn't allowed to take us further backwards than he already has done. It's a matter of 'when', not 'if' he goes now. This repair job is beyond him. If other have got more patience in him putting it right and getting us back in to top 6 or 7 next season then fair play, I've had enough though. 

I don't think there are many posters who wouldn't want Pardew sacked and replaced by a better manager if presented with that option; we're pretty much all in agreement this season has been a huge disappointment/underachievement. Just some of us don't go overboard with the Pardew criticism to the point of personal abuse or not accepting any mitigating circumstances, and acknowledge it is highly unlucky Ashley will sack Pardew (due to the stability guff they came out with a mere 8 months ago) and replace with a better manager (based on his track record in this area).

This bloke has come ridiculously close to relegating us. How much shitter does it have to get? Relegation would set us back years and this bloke very nearly achieved it this year. I'm aware of Ashley's track record of appointing managers but keeping the present incompetent boss purely because his replacement may be even worse is no argument at all.

Everyone accepts he's poor. Everyone accepts he's taking the club backwards but some want too keep him. I simply can't agree with the logic of persisting with a bloke who's universally regarded as being a poor manager. I'd rather Ashley rolled the dice tbh. 

And I agree with you. I'd also rather he did. Even if I don't agree with you it couldn't get worse. He appointed Joe f***ing Kinnear for crying out loud. At least Pardew got us to 5th last season with a team heavily featuring the likes of Simpson, Williamson and Perch among some obviously more talented players.

However, as I have argued, it will not happen, as Ashley and Dekka are not prepared to save face so quickly after coming out with one of the longest contracts football has ever seen and presenting it as some sort of role model to rubbish other club's (and our previous owners) models.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: I remember reading something very funny about your wife, i may have picked up the wrong end of the stick.

She's not dead, is she? God, that would be awful.

:lol: No she not.....fuck me that made me chuckle for some reason.

She just a very big scary woman :lol:, who smells like a Viet Cong latrine as i once noted.

Guest bimpy474

How do you know what a Viet Cong Latrine smells like anyway?  :p

Well she's so bad i would think it was something like that. You know rather hellish with a massive whiff of danger.

Guest Dontooner

:lol: I remember reading something very funny about your wife, i may have picked up the wrong end of the stick.

:lol: No she not.....f*** me that made me chuckle for some reason.

She just a very big scary woman :lol:, who smells like a Viet Cong latrine as i once noted.

Explains the scared silly monkey in your avatar..

Restricting it to Premier League

We didn't score more in 1998, 2001, 2007, 2008 & 2009

We lost as many in 2009

We didn't win more in 1998, 1999, 2007,2008 or 2011

He's spot on that we've never conceded this many like :)

:lol:

Good job we've only got Arsenal at the weekend or we probably would beat the number of defeats in 2009.

Guest bimpy474

Yes, but i'd like to know who added the "It's a Pard knock life", because i didn't do it, but i love it :lol:

Lose against Arsenal and it's more defeats than the relegation season. Away from home we've finished with just one more point than that season, having conceded more goals and having a worse GD. Our overall GD is currently worse than the relegation season.

Mint. :yao:

Lose against Arsenal and it's more defeats than the relegation season. Away from home we've finished with just one more point than that season, having conceded more goals and having a worse GD. Our overall GD is currently worse than the relegation season.

I'm not sure why you can't get any positives out of that, you must try harder.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_4814_1368156833.gif

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_4814_1368156833.gif

Best. GIF. Ever.

We've scored less, lost more, won less and conceded more than ever. The performances have been so poor that I've considered jacking the season ticket in next year. His football is awful, doesn't entertain anyone and going to the game simply isn't enjoyable for me any more, I go more out of duty and a misguided obligation rather than in the expectation of, god forbid, seeing a Newcastle team attacking the opposition.

Not one player has improved in the last year, his tactics are cowardly, sterile and negative. His use of substitutions are as baffling as they are negative. The regression is results and performances has been shockingly bad, the squad and the players are going backwards at a rate of knots and the worrying thing is that Pardew looks helpless to stop it. One look at his CV shows that this pattern has been repeated elsewhere - start well, initial success followed by a tailing off process that ultimately ends in the sack.

I've lost all faith in him turning this around and I'd rather he wasn't allowed to take us further backwards than he already has done. It's a matter of 'when', not 'if' he goes now. This repair job is beyond him. If other have got more patience in him putting it right and getting us back in to top 6 or 7 next season then fair play, I've had enough though. 

I don't think there are many posters who wouldn't want Pardew sacked and replaced by a better manager if presented with that option; we're pretty much all in agreement this season has been a huge disappointment/underachievement. Just some of us don't go overboard with the Pardew criticism to the point of personal abuse or not accepting any mitigating circumstances, and acknowledge it is highly unlucky Ashley will sack Pardew (due to the stability guff they came out with a mere 8 months ago) and replace with a better manager (based on his track record in this area).

This bloke has come ridiculously close to relegating us. How much shitter does it have to get? Relegation would set us back years and this bloke very nearly achieved it this year. I'm aware of Ashley's track record of appointing managers but keeping the present incompetent boss purely because his replacement may be even worse is no argument at all.

Everyone accepts he's poor. Everyone accepts he's taking the club backwards but some want too keep him. I simply can't agree with the logic of persisting with a bloke who's universally regarded as being a poor manager. I'd rather Ashley rolled the dice tbh. 

And I agree with you. I'd also rather he did. Even if I don't agree with you it couldn't get worse. He appointed Joe f***ing Kinnear for crying out loud. At least Pardew got us to 5th last season with a team heavily featuring the likes of Simpson, Williamson and Perch among some obviously more talented players.

However, as I have argued, it will not happen, as Ashley and Dekka are not prepared to save face so quickly after coming it with one of the longest contracts football has ever seen and presenting it as some sort of role model to rubbish other club's (and our previous owners) models.

I don't expect him to lose his job as much as I'd like to see it. I've accepted he's going to get the chance to (mis)manage us next year much to my chagrin.

I've lost faith in him and another worry is that the players have lost faith in him too. We looked a completely demoralised, disillusioned and clueless XI in the last few home games. The body language was awful and they looked and played like they've given up on Pardew and what he was telling them. There was no reaction at all to the derby loss (that's a biggie imo) and can't see that getting better either. Remains to be seen what happens in the summer but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a few of them are looking to move on this summer, given the season we've all endured. If that happens we're plugging even more gaps and eventually we're going to run out of fingers. 

The day we can close this thread will be a thing of beauty. I pray that the radio show cancellation is a good sign

The way we're going there will be a shiny new one before the players leave for their holidays.. :lol:

:lol: I don't think I can take it. I signed up at the wrong time. It must have been blissful during last season

:lol: I'm pretty sure we were bitching last year too.

Pardew defenitely has to show next season that he can grow and improve into the role. He far too often resolve to negative "do not loose" tactics. Wich mostly just ends up with us loosing the ball in more dangerous positions and leading to us beeing heavily pressured. He needs to show more guts moving forward and in defence. He's at a fairly big club now, not someone instilled on fighting for survival.

Yes, but i'd like to know who added the "It's a Pard knock life", because i didn't do it, but i love it :lol:

:lol: Think one of the admins has been on a custom title binge. Think Inochi's is new too.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: Think one of the admins has been on a custom title binge. Think Inochi's is new too.

Ah right, brilliant stuff :lol:

Since I sort of like stats in my daily life n'all and there's been much talk about the uplift in form since the new players came in, the important stats are here:

http://i.imgur.com/WtJDiUk.jpg

Now I'd be interested to do similar stats after the new player 'bounce', i.e. the point at which we seemed to almost revert to type after the initial boost of new signings.

Where would you draw the line if we wanted to look at those stats?

Villa 2-1

Chelsea 3-2

Spurs 1-2

Southampton 4-2

Swansea 0-1

Stoke 2-1

etc

Just think it would be interesting to see the stats when you cut out a few games where we were clearly buzzing off the new signings.

The day we can close this thread will be a thing of beauty. I pray that the radio show cancellation is a good sign

has the phone in been cancelled?

Read somewhere that its been postponed. Cant remember why, though. More time to prepare some new, unexciting excuses, perhaps?

Since I sort of like stats in my daily life n'all and there's been much talk about the uplift in form since the new players came in, the important stats are here:

http://i.imgur.com/WtJDiUk.jpg

Now I'd be interested to do similar stats after the new player 'bounce', i.e. the point at which we seemed to almost revert to type after the initial boost of new signings.

Where would you draw the line if we wanted to look at those stats?

Villa 2-1

Chelsea 3-2

Spurs 1-2

Southampton 4-2

Swansea 0-1

Stoke 2-1

etc

Just think it would be interesting to see the stats when you cut out a few games where we were clearly buzzing off the new signings.

Swansea away was the last game I thought we played well in, before the slump.

We didn't create much and ultimately lost to a fucking wank goal but that was up there with the best performances this season imo.