Alan Pardew

Mike

Decent article:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/joe-kinner-appointment-alan-pardew-1981586?

I've seen a couple of places mention that Ashley wanted to sack him after the Liverpool game and only Llambias saved him....

If Ashley wanted to sack Pardew after the Liverpool game, what's he waiting for now? Poyet to sign for another club?

bizarre.

worth putting up with Kinnear to get rid of pards? poyet is only a small step up mind.

we need someone to come in and be able to really inspire the players and fill them with belief at the start of pre-season training.

reports (no quotes) suggest pards is on a downer.

Guest Haris Vuckic

To be fair I think Poyet has proved himself since - wasn't he an assistant manager in league one at the time?

In the same edition of the Mirror there's an article saying that it would cost £10.5m to sack Pardew as there's no release clause in there. Llambias' resignation and Kinnear's appointment to shove a rocket up Pardew's arse makes more sense if that's true.

Guest Haris Vuckic

At least Poyet has shown potential in his managerial career. With Pards we know what his level is

He's no where near my top 5 choices, but he has done just about enough to make some team take a gamble on him.

:thup:

In the same edition of the Mirror there's an article saying that it would cost £10.5m to sack Pardew as there's no release clause in there. Llambias' resignation and Kinnear's appointment to shove a rocket up Pardew's arse makes more sense if that's true.

he needs a 21st century coaching manual up his arse, not a rocket

Decent article:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/joe-kinner-appointment-alan-pardew-1981586?

I've seen a couple of places mention that Ashley wanted to sack him after the Liverpool game and only Llambias saved him....

That just makes the state of affairs more frustrating imo. Llambias has fucking gone now, he should've sacked both the useless twats.

he needs a 21st century coaching manual up his arse, not a rocket

Mike Ashley's boot up his arse would be the best outcome.

I'd take Poyet over Pardew without doubt. He looks to be a promising manager, and I've never really been able to understand the ill will towards him from our fans. Unless he did something other than scoring goals against us that I'm not aware of. There's been rumours of him coming a few times before so I could see it happening. If only Ashley did things sensibly instead of saving pennies at every turn we could have had him installed for the start of the new season and been looking forward, instead of waiting for the inevitability of the shit storm of a season we've got ahead of us.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'd take Poyet over Pardew without doubt. He looks to be a promising manager, and I've never really been able to understand the ill will towards him from our fans. Unless he did something other than scoring goals against us that I'm not aware of. There's been rumours of him coming a few times before so I could see it happening. If only Ashley did things sensibly instead of saving pennies at every turn we could have had him installed for the start of the new season and been looking forward, instead of waiting for the inevitability of the s*** storm of a season we've got ahead of us.

If Ashley wasn't fussed about saving pennies :lol:

Poyet would easily get more out of this side than the clueless Pardew, I saw enough from his Brighton side to see that. But I don't think Pardew will go anywhere if there's £10m wages to be had if he sticks around, even if Kinnear calls him a cunt in print.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Poyet would easily get more out of this side than the clueless Pardew, I saw enough from his Brighton side to see that. But I don't think Pardew will go anywhere if there's £10m wages to be had if he sticks around, even if Kinnear calls him a c*** in print.

What would you say the key differences between Pardew & Poyet are?

Tactically & on a motivational basis....

Poyet would easily get more out of this side than the clueless Pardew, I saw enough from his Brighton side to see that. But I don't think Pardew will go anywhere if there's £10m wages to be had if he sticks around, even if Kinnear calls him a c*** in print.

Tactically, his team pass the ball and movement is good in possession, when they haven't got the ball they defend well as a team which suggests they are well organised. Motivationally, they all looked much hungrier than us when they knocked us out of the FA cup. Intelligence wise, if he'd had Mascherano and Tevez in his squad he'd probably have found a way to play them.

EDIT: one more thing, I think he'd know how to use foreign players and wouldn't need to go looking in the British market for jumpers and tacklers.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Tactically, his team pass the ball and movement is good in possession, when they haven't got the ball they defend well as a team which suggests they are well organised. Motivationally, they all looked much hungrier than us when they knocked us out of the FA cup. Intelligence wise, if he'd had Mascherano and Tevez in his squad he'd probably have found a way to play them.

EDIT: one more thing, I think he'd know how to use foreign players and wouldn't need to go looking in the British market for jumpers and tacklers.

Good shouts :thup:

Not that Poyet would be my first choice, but I think the differences are obvious:

Hoofball v Football.

How can they hurt us v how can we hurt them.

Back foot football v front foot football.

Defensive v offensive.

Poyet would easily get more out of this side than the clueless Pardew, I saw enough from his Brighton side to see that. But I don't think Pardew will go anywhere if there's £10m wages to be had if he sticks around, even if Kinnear calls him a cunt in print.

You've only seen them twice. :lol:

Poyet seems to be articulate, have a modicum of intelligence and seems hungry to play positive football at as a high a level as he can achieve. Pardew has displayed little if none of that. Not the choice I would have thought of but if true I feel he would be a positive change. It would certainly help to dispel this anti-foreign rhetoric that Pardew has used to scapegoat his failings. They can all fuck off for all I care but until then I would not sniff at the suggestion of a genuinely promising young manager like Poyet.