Alan Pardew

Mike

'the squad is a little thick in places'???

Can't thick of one area which was thick enough last season. Certainly no area was thick enough for you not to blame youngsters/squad depth instead of admitting to be an awful manager.

It was lack of quality though, not lack of numbers.

Newcastle United: Alan Pardew reiterates managerial authority

Alan Pardew has reiterated his authority as manager of Newcastle United following Joe Kinnear's appointment as director of football.

Magpies owner Mike Ashley brought former boss Kinnear back to Tyneside to oversee recruitment, with Pardew reporting to the 66-year-old.

However Pardew is confident he will maintain control of first-team affairs.

"I'm my own man, and I will manage this football club to the best of my ability," he told BBC Newcastle.

Kinnear's arrival at Newcastle was shrouded in controversy and he initially announced it himself through interviews with television stations and on radio. before Newcastle confirmed the news days later.

He made factually incorrect statements, such as claiming to have signed goalkeeper Tim Krul and defender James Perch, and also mispronounced the names of several players.

"Some of the things Joe said, he's apologised for, especially getting the names wrong of our players. That needs to be corrected, because there's a certain respect needed there," Pardew added.

"I spoke to one or two players and my staff here and made them very aware of where the position lies.

"If Joe can persuade Mike to invest in the football club in the right manner then that would be the best outcome for us.

"As well as we've done on the transfer market, there's always room for improvement, and I spoke to Joe and told him where I think the weaknesses in the squad are.

"I told him I need to strengthen them and I've got a couple of ideas."

The appointment of Kinnear also led to confusion regarding the position of chief scout Graham Carr, but he along with Pardew and Kinnear will continue to source signings.

What has changed at the club is the departure of managing director Derek Llambias, with facets of his former post shared between finance director John Irving and secretary Lee Charnley.

"You could say Joe isn't fulfilling the role that Derek had to a degree, but Lee will fill the other part of that role, he's got great experience," Pardew added.

"Between myself, Lee and Joe we hope to get some transfers over the line, and some out by the way, because the squad is probably a little thick in some areas.

"Graham comes up with one or two suggestions, I come up with the same, we probably have a list of four that myself and Graham think will take the team forward, we present that to Joe, and he presents it to the owner.

"Joe has to dress that up for the chairman in terms of the finance, in terms of how it will work and then Lee comes in and hopefully we get the player over the line.

"Mike feels Joe probably knows the scene better than Derek. That might be Mike's opinion, but as far as I'm concerned the most important factor for Joe is transfers."

Alan Pardew was talking to BBC Newcastle's Mick Lowes, and the full interview will be available to hear on BBC Newcastle's Total Sport programme on Monday, 8 July 2013 from 17:30 BST.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01bm90g

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23223914

It's still utterly staggering to me that he almost got us relegated last season. Incompetence to a scary degree

Were it not for Jose Boswinga, we'd have been relegated imo. I still can't believe that Pardew's "attacking" gameplan for beating a relegated QPR was to send Mike Williamson up front for all free kicks, including those in our own area. Plus an even bigger bucketload of Pardew's trademark hoofed percentage balls into the box. Shocking gameplan from a woeful manager that should have sent us down.

True. We were horrific all last season. It saddens me that he will be in charge next season and we might have to witness it all again. The very fact our club's management structure is Kinnear/Pardew is just fucking woeful really.

He was in charge the season before as well.

I know what you mean, and I'm not optimistic we'll be up in 5th again, but surely this season is going to be significantly better than last. Even if it's just because the new lads have more experience. No doubt Pardew will still make some frustrating decisions, but the overall picture should be much better.

It's still utterly staggering to me that he almost got us relegated last season. Incompetence to a scary degree

Were it not for Jose Boswinga, we'd have been relegated imo. I still can't believe that Pardew's "attacking" gameplan for beating a relegated QPR was to send Mike Williamson up front for all free kicks, including those in our own area. Plus an even bigger bucketload of Pardew's trademark hoofed percentage balls into the box. Shocking gameplan from a woeful manager that should have sent us down.

True. We were horrific all last season. It saddens me that he will be in charge next season and we might have to witness it all again. The very fact our club's management structure is Kinnear/Pardew is just f***ing woeful really.

He was in charge the season before as well.

I know what you mean, and I'm not optimistic we'll be up in 5th again, but surely this season is going to be significantly better than last. Even if it's just because the new lads have more experience. No doubt Pardew will still make some frustrating decisions, but the overall picture should be much better.

Our league postion will improve I'd imagine. It has to for obvious reasons, but i don't see the quality of football improving. I can't see how he would suddenly shift his outlook and philosophy on football. Mid table at best for us.

The fundamental style probably won't suddenly become attractive, but if we start decently well and have HBA/Cabaye/Cisse/Colo/Sissoko etc fit and firing, we could produce enough enjoyable moments to make it a decent season. True, Pardew is unlikely to suddenly get less conservative.

We already had enough points before QPR.

We weren't guaranteed though IIRC. We could still have been caught had we not won.

But we weren't... surely that's the whole point if we're saying stuff like 'we would have gone down if it wasn't for Bosingwa'.

Doubt he really gives a toss who gets brought in as DOF or how JFK pronounces player's names.

Typical Pardew soundbites again thinking that is what the fans needed to hear. 

End of the day he doesn't care as long as he's still in the money and knowing he will have to produce some sort of catastrophic f*** up off the field to be pushed out of his contract without reward of any compensation.

He is sitting pretty comfy I say...    :pardsgrin:

Guest bimpy474

Who really cares, what difference does it make?  We all want him gone, plus there were no power struggle last season no JFK , and still absolute shyte excuse of a season

Do we?

Unless your blind, stupid or both tbh.

Who really cares, what difference does it make?  We all want him gone, plus there were no power struggle last season no JFK , and still absolute shyte excuse of a season

Do we?

I would love to here the rationale behind keeping him from a Pards sympathiser. I want the fucker gone because I think he is fucking useless

Guest Haris Vuckic

Do we?

Yeh then we can have Kinnear as manager. Fuck a duck.

Do we?

I would love to here the rationale behind keeping him from a Pards sympathiser. I want the fucker gone because I think he is fucking useless

:lol:

Think you might have missed about the last 8 months of this thread.

Do we?

:whatdidido:

Sorry for backing our manager.