Alan Pardew

Mike

To be fair he also said he wants to play 4-3-3 more too, sounds like another way to put pressure on JFK. Fwiw i dont think playing two up top more at home is such a bad idea, 24 home goals is a shocking stat really for a team with a pretty good home record in general.

We lost 9 games at home last season.

Can not help myself feeling a bit down in regards to football this summer. Its quite depressing when you think about it.

A owner who by all accounts have no real interest in the club, and taking it forward.

A DOF who is a senile old man. Then we have a manager who i have no faith in, just so uninspiring.

When he talk about the club i feel as if we should be happy its even in PL, and our best is always on the brink to move to top clubs like Spurs Liverpool etc. Have some fucking pride you cunt, its all i ask! The constant whining about our players might go, or we might receive a bid annoys me the most, just fucking shut up.  :tickedoff:

Thank god for the quality players we have here, the likes of HBA, Marveaux etc are enough to keep me slightly excited before the new season.

I was lucky enough to experience the ride we had in the `90s, and when Keegan left i was confident that it was a matter of time before we would be back challenging. Now its just a distant memory, and its clear that it will be some time before we can consider us a top club. The 5th place was very good, but the 5th place does not reflect the current state of the club unfortunately.

Imagine this squad, a owner who had the clubs interest at heart and a better manager. :fwap:

It suits him so it might actually work, or at least minimise pitiful substitutions based on him not knowing what the fuck to do with a 4-2-3-1. Now he needs the signings that suit it. A winger (or two) is absolutely essential. That being said, I don't know how he's going to fit our most creative players into a 4-4-2 without stifling them, or at least diluting their potential. Doesn't make sense signing someone like Bent if we've got a flat midfield with two of Jonas/Hatem/Sissoko/Marveaux/Gouffran occupying the wings. Literally none of them are orthodox wingers, Obertan is the only one in the squad.

Still just proves that this squad has out-grown the manager, as if we needed any more evidence.

Guest Roger Kint

To be fair he also said he wants to play 4-3-3 more too, sounds like another way to put pressure on JFK. Fwiw i dont think playing two up top more at home is such a bad idea, 24 home goals is a shocking stat really for a team with a pretty good home record in general.

:lol: Where does that fit in relation to my post?

Presumably that indicates we didn't have a pretty good home record.

Guest Roger Kint

Presumably that indicates we didn't have a pretty good home record.

If so that would presume neither of you read what i said though.

Guest chopey

With Pardew and Kinnear we ARE in the "worst case scenario"

As things stand and with quotes like "Our squad is already strong enough for the new season" these two are on a mission to make there paymaster as much money as possible and to hell with the rest of the club, with the only outcome , misery for the fans and a big bonus for them.

Oh so 'in general' meant since 1892?

4-3-1-2 could work nicely with Ben Arfa in behind 2 forwards but it I couldn't say Pardew playing that. If he does want to play with 2 forwards it seems stupid for us to have already played 3 friendlies using a completely different formation.

Completely agree.

We have no wide players so might as well build the team around a centralized system instead of trying to force width that isn't there.

There's a few more plus points to this too.... 1. You free up Cabaye and get away from the awful Cabaye-Tiote pivot which doesn't work.

2. Sissoko is in a role which suits him and all this comes back to Cabaye and Ben Arfa but having them all 3 within link up range can't be a bad thing.

3. Pardew gets to use two strikers without being completely open and restricting all best creative midfielders

4. You could argue this could be a negative, but this would also take the chains off Debuchy and Santon who would be required for width.

We actually used a similar system to this in the 2nd half against Pacos but obviously without the "1" as Pardew took Ben Arfa off to compensate for Colo's sending off so i think it must be in Pardew's mind in some way and he tried Ben Arfa as a #10 in the first half.

I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility of Pardew using it.

At least we’re covered in case we don’t get anyone over that 100000000 foot line!

“Shola’s a player that’s under contract here and certainly, with my striker situation at the moment, I need as many as I can get.”

“Centre forward is a very important role for this team. Gouff has shown that he can give us quality and depending on our business, he could get a good start there”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Guest Roger Kint

No and what a stupid comment btw. We lost more the season just gone than the two seasons before put together. So recent home form in general has been good til last years mess. Christ i didnt think it was that difficult to work out :lol:

No and what a stupid comment btw. We lost more the season just gone than the two seasons before put together. So recent home form in general has been good til last years mess. Christ i didnt think it was that difficult to work out :lol:

It wasn't hard to work out. I was just wondering why you were bothering to say it if all it told us was we had a bad season? Doesn't matter.

Guest Roger Kint

It wasn't hard to work out. I was just wondering why you were bothering to say it if all it told us was we had a bad season? Doesn't matter.

It was a passing comment on why two up front wouldnt be a bad thing ffs. If you managed to read it properly it wouldnt have mattered at all :lol:

It was a passing comment on why two up front wouldnt be a bad thing ffs. If you managed to read it properly it wouldnt have mattered at all :lol:

Sigh. I'm just not gonna bother again.

I thought it was quite hard to work out "24 home goals is a shocking stat really for a team with a pretty good home record in general" implies that we generally did well last year despite scoring only 24 goals in my opinion.  Why would I assume that one part of the sentence is about this year in the next part about last year.  That isn't clear at all.

If we do well next season it will be down to getting enough good players that the formation will matter less as long as he doesn't make a complete balls up of it. Two good strikers and some better service from the left and we should be okay.

The only way I could see two strikers up top wprking with our current squad is with a Wigan like 3-4-1-2, where we then get width from Santon and Debuchy who are pushed further forward.

Back three - Taylor Colo Yanga-Mbiwa

Midfield four - Debuchy Sissoko Cabaye Santon

Attacking midfield - Ben Arfa

Front two - Cisse Gomis/Bent

What are the odds of Pardew lining up like this though? Nil.

The only way I could see two strikers up top wprking with our current squad is with a Wigan like 3-4-1-2, where we then get width from Santon and Debuchy who are pushed further forward.

Back three - Taylor Colo Yanga-Mbiwa

Midfield four - Debuchy Sissoko Cabaye Santon

Attacking midfield - Ben Arfa

Front two - Cisse Gomis/Bent

What are the odds of Pardew lining up like this though? Nil.

Very few managers would go for it TBF. It resulted in Wigan's relegation, at least partly. Footballers just don't seem to know how to play it.

I thought it was quite hard to work out "24 home goals is a shocking stat really for a team with a pretty good home record in general" implies that we generally did well last year despite scoring only 24 goals in my opinion.  Why would I assume that one part of the sentence is about this year in the next part about last year.  That isn't clear at all.

No no no, you didn't :lol: manage to :lol: read it :lol: properly :lol: