Alan Pardew

Mike

Boss Alan Pardew will not want to lose Ba but is realistic enough to know that his departure is a possibility. He admitted back in September – unprompted – that a release clause was still in the striker’s contract and that Newcastle are “vulnerable” to predatory clubs. “There is that clause in his contract and it makes us vulnerable. It’s still open in the next window,” he had said.

While we're on the subject  :lol:

Everything he said there was perfectly fine, but the bolded bit just didn't need saying  :facepalm:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-keep-demba-ba-as-75million-1198658

Everyone thought this until Pardew felt the urge to tell us he was still available.

Please tell me that you don't actually believe that Ba's agents didn't know about this clause.

Obviously not. You're missing the point anyway so you're wasting your time.

Perhaps you would care to explain your point then?

My point is that Pardew 'revealing' the existence of the clause has absolutely no bearing on whether Ba would be sold or not.  Any interested buyer would know about the clause.  You and I may not have known about it, but that is irrelevant.

Of course it has bearing. Most managers would have seen the numerous articles we did and assumed he'd now cost twice the release clause. Pardew saying what he did (for no reason...) would have interested clubs that were no longer interested.

f***ing hell.

Is this a wind up?  Do you honestly think that Benitez reads the newspapers to see if players have release clauses or not?  That sounds realistic - :) 

Ba's agents will have read and negotiated Ba's contract.  They will know the contents of that contract.  Ba's gameplan was to get a transfer to another club.  Ba's agent would have told any manager who would listen that Ba's clause was still active.

born yesterday

Boss Alan Pardew will not want to lose Ba but is realistic enough to know that his departure is a possibility. He admitted back in September – unprompted – that a release clause was still in the striker’s contract and that Newcastle are “vulnerable” to predatory clubs. “There is that clause in his contract and it makes us vulnerable. It’s still open in the next window,” he had said.

Everything he said there was perfectly fine, but the bolded bit just didn't need saying  :facepalm:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-keep-demba-ba-as-75million-1198658

Everyone thought this until Pardew felt the urge to tell us he was still available.

Please tell me that you don't actually believe that Ba's agents didn't know about this clause.

My point is that Pardew 'revealing' the existence of the clause has absolutely no bearing on whether Ba would be sold or not.  Any interested buyer would know about the clause.  You and I may not have known about it, but that is irrelevant.

Of course it has bearing. Most managers would have seen the numerous articles we did and assumed he'd now cost twice the release clause. Pardew saying what he did (for no reason...) would have interested clubs that were no longer interested.

f***ing hell.

Is this a wind up?  Do you honestly think that Benitez reads the newspapers to see if players have release clauses or not?  That sounds realistic - :) 

Ba's agents will have read and negotiated Ba's contract.  They will know the contents of that contract.  Ba's gameplan was to get a transfer to another club.  Ba's agent would have told any manager who would listen that Ba's clause was still active.

born yesterday

Good reply.

Any agent who didn't inform managers of the clause that would be probably the worst agent in the world.  Really struggling to see why people think that all PL managers didn't know about the reactivation of the clause.

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-boss-still-hopeful-on-transfer-front-1-5999217

“I did think this window would be difficult – with (Hatem) Ben Arfa, Cabaye or Colo (Fabricio Coloccini) or somebody being interested in one of our players.

He loves it :lol:

God he's a depressing t***. The fact he names them is ludicrous

That's my point, just say we aren't interesting in selling anyone. If he gets asked what if a bid comes in. Just say "it wouldn't be welcome".

I hate him.

It's almost funny like. The way that he specifies exactly what he wouldn't want. You can see him with his wife, specifying the freaky shit that he definitely isn't into. Fucking pervert. 

Guest bimpy474

f***ing hell.

born yesterday

Good reply.

Any agent who didn't inform managers of the clause that would be probably the worst agent in the world.  Really struggling to see why people think that all PL managers didn't know about the reactivation of the clause.

They most certainly do, still doesn't change the fact biscuit brains didn't need to tell everyone.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-boss-still-hopeful-on-transfer-front-1-5999217

“I did think this window would be difficult – with (Hatem) Ben Arfa, Cabaye or Colo (Fabricio Coloccini) or somebody being interested in one of our players.

That's my point, just say we aren't interesting in selling anyone. If he gets asked what if a bid comes in. Just say "it wouldn't be welcome".

I hate him.

Literally all he has to say.  We don't want to sell anyone. Easy as that.

The blokes a fucking moron

I think he actually is.

f***ing hell.

born yesterday

Good reply.

They most certainly do, still doesn't change the fact biscuit brains didn't need to tell everyone.

I agree with this - in an ideal world, Pardew wouldn't say anything at all.  That would be good for everyone I think.  But the fact remains, him spouting off to the press wouldn't have put anyone on notice about Ba's release clause.

I hate him.

The blokes a f***ing moron

And thus he gets called a liar when the club sells a player, as indeed he was when Carroll was sold.

Incidentally if Bale does leave Spurs then AVB is a liar.

Guest bimpy474

f***ing hell.

born yesterday

Good reply.

I agree with this - in an ideal world, Pardew wouldn't say anything at all.  That would be good for everyone I think.  But the fact remains, him spouting off to the press wouldn't have put anyone on notice about Ba's release clause.

Funny thing though, no one knew until melted face told the world, or did they all know, hence melted face telling us all  :icon_scratch: :mysterysolved:

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.theitcrowd.co.uk/img/cast/chris-morris.jpg

'Incoming bids and Pardew. Now I know what you're thinking! But don't say "no!" Because for him, that is the biggest turn on of all.'

Guest bimpy474

I hate him.

And thus he gets called a liar when the club sells a player, as indeed he was when Carroll was sold.

"Not wanting to sell" --- "not going to sell"

Spot the difference.

I hate him.

You can cleary see where the money has been spent tho...we lose a player and we have to wait until the next transfer window to then try and find another cheap option replacement.

Guest Dontooner

Arghhh just sell the lot and get on with it.

Mike Ashley has a plan and it is to make the fans squeal and roll in his shit.

JFK and piece of shit Pardew are just part of his crew.

I dont see any light in the tunnel at all..

f***ing hell.

born yesterday

Good reply.

the best striker we had on the books since shearer, goal machine tbh, came in on what was reported to be a "low" deal and banged in the goals

do we (a) tell everyone he's not for sale, (b) make no public comment, © explain to the associated press that he has a released clause so we're powerless to stop him leaving or (d) quietly offer him a new deal which is all he really wanted and deserved anyways?

i see your point, pardiola didn't reveal the location of the holy grail, he did however reveal our intentions

born yesterday

Really miss hughton and the way he would flat out deny anything until it happened.

"I'm not aware of any negotiations"

"but the player has been seen at the training ground chris?" :lol:

I really wish Pardew would wind his neck in as well. I would like to hear or read the full transcript of some of these interviews. I remember him being asked whether he was interested in the England job when everyone thought Redknapp would get it. And AP said he wasn't interested, and the headlines proclaimed that Pardew was ruling himself out of the job. He got ridiculed for ruling himself out when he hadn't been ruled in, even Redknapp took the p*ss (ironic as it turned out). Sometimes quotes get put out in the way that has the most dramatic effect.

Really miss hughton and the way he would flat out deny anything until it happened.

I really wish Pardew would wind his neck in as well. I would like to hear or read the full transcript of some of these interviews. I remember him being asked whether he was interested in the England job when everyone thought Redknapp would get it. And AP said he wasn't interested, and the headlines proclaimed that Pardew was ruling himself out of the job. He got ridiculed for ruling himself out when he hadn't been ruled in, even Redknapp took the p*ss (ironic as it turned out). Sometimes quotes get put out in the way that has the most dramatic effect.

Definitely agree with this. I wish Pardew would say less stupid stuff obviously.

Guest firetotheworks

The less that you say, the less that can be twisted. As it turns out, he says a lot and says things that rarely need to be twisted. We've watched his interviews in full, live. It's not like all of these things are edited by the Newspapers to create a new story. There's spin for all of it, and because of the shit we've gone through, a lot of us have our own. It's almost always negative and it's almost always right eventually.

Guest bimpy474

This thread seems less of a discussion of whether he's doing a good job or not as it is to a debate of what level of sinister twat/idiot he is. Telling.

He's doing a shit job and talks shit all the time. Yet remains fairly popular, baffling to be honest.

:lol:

"That's certainly news to me. What we do have is a very tight and committed group of lads".

Pardew going on and on about it is going to increase the chances of an interested buyer though isn't it? If he's in the press saying that Ba's available on the cheap, Club A from Country X who previously hadn't thought twice about Demba Ba and hadn't looked into any clauses are suddenly alerted to the fact that he's available for hugely less then his true value.

Your argument that "everyone knew anyway" assumes that every football manager in the world is aware of every single player in the world's contract situation at any time, which I suspect is not the case. We only got Cabaye because we snuck in round the back and exploited a clause - we probably wouldn't have if Lille's boss had been in L'equipe every day for six months shouting "French international and title winner, four million paaahnd!"

It's like any form of advertising. I've got my house up for sale and that's public knowledge for anyone who looks into it. But there's likely to be more people looking into it if I'm giving fucking press conferences every day telling everyone that I'm selling it for half the true value.

This thread seems less of a discussion of whether he's doing a good job or not as it is to a debate of what level of sinister twat/idiot he is. Telling.

media is part of his job, the last part any of us consider, however he's failing at all of the really important parts of his job as well

Pardew going on and on about it is going to increase the chances of an interested buyer though isn't it? If he's in the press saying that Ba's available on the cheap, Club A from Country X who previously hadn't thought twice about Demba Ba and hadn't looked into any clauses are suddenly alerted to the fact that he's available for hugely less then his true value.

Your argument that "everyone knew anyway" assumes that every football manager in the world is aware of every single player in the world's contract situation at any time, which I suspect is not the case. We only got Cabaye because we snuck in round the back and exploited a clause - we probably wouldn't have if Lille's boss had been in L'equipe every day for six months shouting "French international and title winner, four million paaahnd!"

It's like any form of advertising. I've got my house up for sale and that's public knowledge for anyone who looks into it. But there's likely to be more people looking into it if I'm giving fucking press conferences every day telling everyone that I'm telling it for half the true value.

this, and as i also said it telegraphs your intentions to the player, his agent, and anyone else who might pay a passing interest