Alan Pardew

Mike

I love that people are still sticking up for him, as if he's on our side :lol:

As others have already said, Keegan was a man who was on our side, one of us, and he didn't want to be part of taking the piss out of the fans. Pardew willingly signed up to talk us into continuing to hand over the cash. Bollocks to him.

I don't think anyone believes that really, I certainly don't. But I do believe he would want signings in, like any manager.

Can I respond to this?

You don't think anyone believes what?

As others have already said, Keegan was a man who was on our side, one of us, and he didn't want to be part of taking the p*ss out of the fans. Pardew willingly signed up to talk us into continuing to hand over the cash. Bollocks to him.

I don't think anyone believes that really, I certainly don't. But I do believe he would want signings in, like any manager.

Can I respond to this?

That Pardew is on our side in the sense he wants those above out the club.

As others have already said, Keegan was a man who was on our side, one of us, and he didn't want to be part of taking the piss out of the fans. Pardew willingly signed up to talk us into continuing to hand over the cash. Bollocks to him.

Can I respond to this?

That Pardew is 'on our side' and that's why we should stick up for him.

Fuck Pardew!

He got 5 new players (some internationals) in January to add to an already quality first team that he was doing his utmost to relegate.

So he hasn't been given any more new players - fucking didums, there's nothing we can do about that now! He still has more than enough quality in that squad to finish top half.

I hate Ashley and Kinnear as much as everyone else but don't let their lunacy distract you from the fact that Pardew has a very talented bunch of players at his disposal already and anything other than top 10 constitutes failure.

Guest Haris Vuckic

well I completely disagree with that statement

The clamour for new signings wouldn't be anywhere near as frenzied as it has been if Pardew had actually created a team that was as strong as the sum of its parts.

Pardew doesn't ''create'' the team or choose the players in the squad. He just coaches it.

23 July

“We got Premier League games, a League Cup programme and a FA Cup programme and we can cope with that easily with the squad we have.”

19 August 

“I think our squad is more than deep enough,” Pardew says. “We brought some guys in during the last window to address that"

FYI. He'll not be complaining about lack of signings/squad depth then.

Guest Haris Vuckic

23 July

“We got Premier League games, a League Cup programme and a FA Cup programme and we can cope with that easily with the squad we have.”

19 August 

“I think our squad is more than deep enough,” Pardew says. “We brought some guys in during the last window to address that"

5 players out?

The clamour for new signings wouldn't be anywhere near as frenzied as it has been if Pardew had actually created a team that was as strong as the sum of its parts.

Pardew doesn't ''create'' the team or choose the players in the squad. He just coaches it.

bingo and the only category in choosing the players is the question "is it a good deal" and not any actual football vision and philosophy so we're stuck with a squad thats completely unbalanced and hasn't really shown any capacity that they're the right fit for each other.

23 July

19 August 

5 players out?

He said both of those after we'd let the 5 go.

bingo and the only category in choosing the players is the question "is it a good deal" and not any actual football vision and philosophy so we're stuck with a squad thats completely unbalanced and hasn't really shown any capacity that they're the right fit for each other.

If that's true and he does only coach the team it shows him in an even worse light. He has a team full of internationals and not internationals from shit countries either - France, Argentina, Senegal, Italy, Ivory Coast, Holland, England. 

Last season the tactics were shite, the set play routines were awful, players were consistently played out of position, the substitutions were baffling etc.

Make all the excuses you want for Pardew but if he was any good then last season would have been the anomaly in his managerial record but it wasn't, the previous season was.

How many more internationals do you think we need to sign before we actually start to see the fruits of Pardew's genius?

When we were looking through Saturday's uninspiring fixture list on Thursday, I joked to Sarah Winterburn that I could probably start writing a reaction piece to Newcastle v Fulham then and there, such was the predictability of the result and two pitiful performances. This contest yielded just a single goal last season - Papiss Cisse's last-minute winner at St James' Park - and it seemed certain another snoozefest was in store.

"You can't predict when you're going to score," said Alan Pardew after Hatem Ben Arfa's second-half screamer earned Newcastle a narrow victory. What you can predict, however, is that Pardew's team will struggle to score, having had just a single shot on target in their first two Premier League matches this season and amassing a meagre total of 45 goals last year. It was hard work on the pitch against Fulham and it was hard work watching as the Magpies increasingly looked to Ben Arfa to provide a moment of magic.

Pardew was typically bullish in his post-match interviews, praising his team's resilience and encouraging Joe Kinnear to find the extra striker the team apparently needs. But the manager's tunnel vision when it comes to strengthening his squad betrays his lack of imagination and unashamed willingness to burden Ben Arfa with the team's creative direction. Cisse, although in terrible form, and Loic Remy have both proven they can score goals in the Premier League, so why the desperation to sign only another forward? It is surely behind the front men where Newcastle require reinforcements.

The need for subtlety was a point I recently raised with Spurs in mind and the very same can be said of a Newcastle side bereft of ideas. Even when the Magpies fought their way to fifth in 2011/12, theirs was a limited, functional brand of football, illustrated by a ranking of joint-fifth in number of long balls played per game - improved to first place last season. Play it long and play it early was the mantra, and it was a tactic that worked to great success with Demba Ba adept at collecting high balls and finishing hopeful knockdowns.

But without Ba (who was Newcastle's top scorer in the Premier League last season despite leaving for Chelsea in January), it's clear that Pardew needs to devise a new method of attack, something that failed to materialise in last season's battle for survival. The manager may falsely believe that the win over Fulham will give his side the boost they need, but Newcastle's is not an acute sickness - their problems embedded over a year of absent ideas when the Magpies were propped up by four dreadful teams below them.

Pardew is a man of contradictions and his team reflect his split personality on the pitch. While he wishes to appear as the thinking man's manager, Pardew is in reality a fist-shaker, a bellower and the sort to shove an assistant. His players may have exotic names that roll off the tongue and inspire visions of beautiful, flowing football, but in truth they play an unimaginative kick and rush that offers not a single hint that Pardew is capable of providing something different. Indeed, if you asked the manager why and how his team won on Saturday, I doubt he could even provide a conclusive answer other than pointing to Ben Arfa's brilliance.

Another injury to Ben Arfa would leave Newcastle even more desperate for creativity and supporters even more frustrated. Mike Ashley chose not to remove Pardew in the summer, but the sword of Damocles still hangs over the manager's head and unless he can somehow introduce a more convincing style of play it is unlikely he will see out the season. In the grand scheme of things, a scrappy 1-0 win over Fulham changes nothing.

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/8900177/Newcastle-s-Rare-Win-Changes-Nothing

If that's true and he does only coach the team it shows him in an even worse light. He has a team full of internationals and not internationals from s*** countries either - France, Argentina, Senegal, Italy, Ivory Coast, Holland, England. 

Last season the tactics were s****, the set play routines were awful, players were consistently played out of position, the substitutions were baffling etc.

Make all the excuses you want for Pardew but if he was any good then last season would have been the anomaly in his managerial record but it wasn't, the previous season was.

How many more internationals do you think we need to sign before we actually start to see the fruits of Pardew's genius?

doesn't matter if you have internationals (even if they aren't exactly top quality internationals) if there is little balance. for all our squad  got smaller, IMO it is now better as it is more balanced. Remy was a massive one for us and for that reason  pardew has no excuses this season.

When we were looking through Saturday's uninspiring fixture list on Thursday, I joked to Sarah Winterburn that I could probably start writing a reaction piece to Newcastle v Fulham then and there, such was the predictability of the result and two pitiful performances. This contest yielded just a single goal last season - Papiss Cisse's last-minute winner at St James' Park - and it seemed certain another snoozefest was in store.

"You can't predict when you're going to score," said Alan Pardew after Hatem Ben Arfa's second-half screamer earned Newcastle a narrow victory. What you can predict, however, is that Pardew's team will struggle to score, having had just a single shot on target in their first two Premier League matches this season and amassing a meagre total of 45 goals last year. It was hard work on the pitch against Fulham and it was hard work watching as the Magpies increasingly looked to Ben Arfa to provide a moment of magic.

Pardew was typically bullish in his post-match interviews, praising his team's resilience and encouraging Joe Kinnear to find the extra striker the team apparently needs. But the manager's tunnel vision when it comes to strengthening his squad betrays his lack of imagination and unashamed willingness to burden Ben Arfa with the team's creative direction. Cisse, although in terrible form, and Loic Remy have both proven they can score goals in the Premier League, so why the desperation to sign only another forward? It is surely behind the front men where Newcastle require reinforcements.

The need for subtlety was a point I recently raised with Spurs in mind and the very same can be said of a Newcastle side bereft of ideas. Even when the Magpies fought their way to fifth in 2011/12, theirs was a limited, functional brand of football, illustrated by a ranking of joint-fifth in number of long balls played per game - improved to first place last season. Play it long and play it early was the mantra, and it was a tactic that worked to great success with Demba Ba adept at collecting high balls and finishing hopeful knockdowns.

But without Ba (who was Newcastle's top scorer in the Premier League last season despite leaving for Chelsea in January), it's clear that Pardew needs to devise a new method of attack, something that failed to materialise in last season's battle for survival. The manager may falsely believe that the win over Fulham will give his side the boost they need, but Newcastle's is not an acute sickness - their problems embedded over a year of absent ideas when the Magpies were propped up by four dreadful teams below them.

Pardew is a man of contradictions and his team reflect his split personality on the pitch. While he wishes to appear as the thinking man's manager, Pardew is in reality a fist-shaker, a bellower and the sort to shove an assistant. His players may have exotic names that roll off the tongue and inspire visions of beautiful, flowing football, but in truth they play an unimaginative kick and rush that offers not a single hint that Pardew is capable of providing something different. Indeed, if you asked the manager why and how his team won on Saturday, I doubt he could even provide a conclusive answer other than pointing to Ben Arfa's brilliance.

Another injury to Ben Arfa would leave Newcastle even more desperate for creativity and supporters even more frustrated. Mike Ashley chose not to remove Pardew in the summer, but the sword of Damocles still hangs over the manager's head and unless he can somehow introduce a more convincing style of play it is unlikely he will see out the season. In the grand scheme of things, a scrappy 1-0 win over Fulham changes nothing.

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/8900177/Newcastle-s-Rare-Win-Changes-Nothing

:clap: It's like he climbed into my brain and put into words what i couldn't

He'll be over the moon in all honesty, as now he has a ready made excuse that the press will lap up whilst completely ignoring his complete and utter tactical ineptitude.

You actually believe this Tooj? Genuine question.

Average manager or not, I radically think he wants to do the best job he can with us and will be as angry as the rest of us with the lack of activity. Excusese won't save him his job.

Steve, in that case, you should not blame Ashley for spending nth during this summer because we have "more than enough"

Bullshit

To finish top 10 we have enough, but I thought we were more ambitious than that as supporters? Couple more signings we could have been pushing higher still. Wouldn't have taken much.

Guest icemanblue

:clap: It's like he climbed into my brain and put into words what i couldn't

TBF to the old fruit in charge we've played something resembling patient passing football for the majority of our home games this season, still non-threatening like.

That we have. Which is why I'm puzzled to read so many saying it was 'the same old shit' for the majority of the game on Saturday. Seems 'the same old shit' covers anything that isn't constant, free flowing, attacking football.