Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest icemanblue

Firmly believe one of two things will happen:

- We'll get relegated, and then it'll be too late to get rid of him

- We'll scrape to safety, and he'll be given a chance 'to put things right'

If we stay up, there's no chance he's getting sacked in the Summer IMO.

Yep and if we stay up and he is given another chance, I can see him bringing in loads of English cloggers to play more to his "Style"

This will not happen.

If we stay up it will be because of other teams, there's not a chance in hell this clown can orchestrate 2 wins out of the next 3. More than likely we'll lose at least 2 of those games so he'll keep embarrassing the club and the pressure will keep mounting, stay up or not.

Gary Jacob ‏@garyjacob 5m

Pardew stays at NUFC. Will not be sacked..

Times reporter. No idea on his source.

This season, culminating in 0-3 against f***ing Sunderland at home, and 0-6 against Liverpool. Yet, he and his disgusting excuses somehow manages to still be here. Ashley is risking loads of money. It's incredible.

It's a risk either way, to be fair. That's just the position we're in.

Sure. That's the position Pardew has put us in. We're on a downward spiral, and players have seemingly lost belief. There should be only one alternative.

Yep and if we stay up and he is given another chance, I can see him bringing in loads of English cloggers to play more to his "Style"

That's one thing he definitely won't be allowed to do. If he was going to be able to do that it would have already happened.

If Ashley thinks he can't use the players he will get sacked.

this whole thing fries my brain, it's like catch 22 only worse...at least in that the starting point for circular logic was sound

Guest icemanblue

This season, culminating in 0-3 against f***ing Sunderland at home, and 0-6 against Liverpool. Yet, he and his disgusting excuses somehow manages to still be here. Ashley is risking loads of money. It's incredible.

Sure. That's the position Pardew has put us in. We're on a downward spiral, and players have seemingly lost belief. There should be only one alternative.

Well yeah, there is only one alternative. It's a risky one, like the option we seem to have taken.

If we stay up it will be because of other teams, there's not a chance in hell this clown can orchestrate 2 wins out of the next 3. More than likely we'll lose at least 2 of those games so he'll keep embarrassing the club and the pressure will keep mounting, stay up or not.

As if Ashley will care. A PL team is a PL team whether we win 3 out of 3, or lose them all 4-0 and Wigan save us.

Well yeah, there is only one alternative. It's a risky one, like the option we seem to have taken.

We can keep him, or we can sack him. We're going with the wrong alternative.

As if Ashley will care. A PL team is a PL team whether we win 3 out of 3, or lose them all 4-0 and Wigan save us.

It's surely not as simple as this. Ashley doesn't strike me as the type of boss who puts up with useless performances from his employees.

That's one thing he definitely won't be allowed to do. If he was going to be able to do that it would have already happened.

If Ashley thinks he can't use the players he will get sacked.

Yeah after he was forced forked out money on the players Pards wanted, only for it to be plainly obvious he's unable to get the best out of them, I don't think he'll be happy.

I'm convinced he'll be gone in the summer.

I don't buy the whole thing that Ashley is happy just to be a PL team either, how much is each place going to be work next season?

Guest icemanblue

We can keep him, or we can sack him. We're going with the wrong alternative.

Well, that's to be seen.

I dunno, I think he's gone at the end of the season. I never thought we'd get rid before then anyway. The thing is, Ashley won't want another relegation, it hits him where it hurts, his pocket. Pardew will either relegate us or barely keep us up, which I think is too much of a gamble to Ashley, especially when we spent big in January and Pardew has done absolutely nothing with those players.

Pardew has now demonstrated that he cannot be trusted even when investment is put in to the squad, so where does the club go from here? Why give him another summer of spending when he can't do anything with the team he has, one that has been largely built during his time here. There is also the risk of results being terrible at the start of next season and Ashley having to sack Pardew early on, possibly leading to another managerial roller-coaster which ended in us going down last time.

The writing is on the wall and it is clear to see that Pardew has completely lost his grip on the squad and club, he literally can't manage this team anymore and will most definitely take us down next season if we survive and he stays. Why risk giving him millions to spend in the summer and then go on to risk valuable games at the start of the season? Get rid immediately after the Arsenal game, get a new manager in and give him the summer to reshape the squad and get the players used to his tactics etc in pre-season. If Ashley can't see this then we are just fucked and there is absolutely nothing we as fans can do about it.

It's surely not as simple as this. Ashley doesn't strike me as the type of boss who puts up with useless performances from his employees.

It's been pretty useless since the start of the season and he hasn't fluttered an eyelid.

I dunno, I think he's gone at the end of the season. I never thought we'd get rid before then anyway. The thing is, Ashley won't want another relegation, it hits him where it hurts, his pocket. Pardew will either relegate us or barely keep us up, which I think is too much of a gamble to Ashley, especially when we spent big in January and Pardew has done absolutely nothing with those players.

Pardew has now demonstrated that he cannot be trusted even when investment is put in to the squad, so where does the club go from here? Why give him another summer of spending when he can't do anything with the team he has, one that has been largely built during his time here. There is also the risk of results being terrible at the start of next season and Ashley having to sack Pardew early on, possibly leading to another managerial roller-coaster which ended in us going down last time.

The writing is on the wall and it is clear to see that Pardew has completely lost his grip on the squad and club, he literally can't manage this team anymore and will most definitely take us down next season if we survive and he stays. Why risk giving him millions to spend in the summer and then go on to risk valuable games at the start of the season? Get rid immediately after the Arsenal game, get a new manager in and give him the summer to reshape the squad and get the players used to his tactics etc in pre-season. If Ashley can't see this then we are just fucked and there is absolutely nothing we as fans can do about it.

Can't really disagree with any of that, the outcome is made more likely by the way Ashley has invested some extra money to get us to safety.

Providing there is the right clause in the contract, which I'm sure there is, I'm starting to believe Pards is for the chop in the summer.

Guest icemanblue

Well, that's to be seen.

aw dude, man :(

What? :lol:

It is, though, isn't it? It's 50/50. We stay up or go down. As unlikely as it is that we'll steamroller the opposition over the next three games, stranger things have happened in football. Wigan's luck has to run out at some point, etc etc.

Guest bimpy474

Well lovely, pick the kids up from school and it's like someone has just done a big turd on my computer chair.

How bad does this useless fuckwit have to be to be sacked.

That's my view as well. It's tempting to think Ashley doesn't give a fuck, but he's spent good money on these players, and not all of them have been bargain deals either. Santon, Cisse and Anita weren't cheap.

Poeple who make his amount of money NEVER want to be second best at anything, he'll do things his way, but he'll never be content with mediocre, hyper-driven multi-millionaire/billionaire's just aren't like that.

The happy to muddle along comes from the "10th or above" statement, but everyone ignores the "or above" bit and it's passed into law/fact that we just want to bumble along.

Edit - I would also add these types play a VERY long game, won't see football fan-speed reaction to anything.

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/04/29/fans-giving-pardew-the-thumbs-down-61634-33251816/#.UX433RjZj7s.twitter

The vast majority of Newcastle fans were rather hoping Mike Ashley would give his manager the thumbs-down Roman Emperor-style either later that night or sometime yesterday.

Sunday is Ashley’s preferred day to make big decisions for Newcastle United.

It was on the Sabbath when he decided to sack Sam Allardyce and also when the club owner opted, whether on a whim or not, to try to bring Andy Carroll back on loan.

He’s not really one for leaving it until the Monday so those involved can at least enjoy their weekend.

To save himself, Pardew needs to do the following: win two of the last three games, genuinely strengthen the squad this summer and start the 2013-14 campaign well.

By that I mean taking points from Arsenal, Tottenham and the like, not giving Doncaster a game.

Ashley did make another major Sunday decision.

He didn’t sack Pardew when it would have been easy enough for him do so, a real crowd-pleaser if you will.

The club could have issued a statement saying something had to be done and put John Carver and Steve Stone in charge, perhaps giving Peter Beardsley a more prominent role.

Ashley, however, kept faith with his man and maybe that’s because he’s never been a crowd-pleaser. That might be the only thing saving Pardew right now.

Sorry, it's too annoying. A Roman Emperor giving the thumbs down would actually mean don't kill him.

Poeple who make his amount of money NEVER want to be second best at anything, he'll do things his way, but he'll never be content with mediocre, hyper-driven multi-millionaire/billionaire's just aren't like that.

The happy to muddle along comes from the "10th or above" statement, but everyone ignores the "or above" bit and it's passed into law/fact that we just want to bumble along.

Again, by this logic Pardew wouldn't be in a job right now...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/04/29/fans-giving-pardew-the-thumbs-down-61634-33251816/#.UX433RjZj7s.twitter

The vast majority of Newcastle fans were rather hoping Mike Ashley would give his manager the thumbs-down Roman Emperor-style either later that night or sometime yesterday.

Sunday is Ashley’s preferred day to make big decisions for Newcastle United.

It was on the Sabbath when he decided to sack Sam Allardyce and also when the club owner opted, whether on a whim or not, to try to bring Andy Carroll back on loan.

He’s not really one for leaving it until the Monday so those involved can at least enjoy their weekend.

To save himself, Pardew needs to do the following: win two of the last three games, genuinely strengthen the squad this summer and start the 2013-14 campaign well.

By that I mean taking points from Arsenal, Tottenham and the like, not giving Doncaster a game.

Ashley did make another major Sunday decision.

He didn’t sack Pardew when it would have been easy enough for him do so, a real crowd-pleaser if you will.

The club could have issued a statement saying something had to be done and put John Carver and Steve Stone in charge, perhaps giving Peter Beardsley a more prominent role.

Ashley, however, kept faith with his man and maybe that’s because he’s never been a crowd-pleaser. That might be the only thing saving Pardew right now.

Sorry, it's too annoying. A Roman Emperor giving the thumbs down would actually mean don't kill him.

I was sure thumbs down meant death.

Again, by this logic Pardew wouldn't be in a job right now...

Ashley didn't know how good he was, he learns more all the time.