Alan Pardew

Mike

There's no need for the full on negativity like. People cannot see us picking up any points but they think that Villa and Wigan will?

As bad as Pardew is I still don't think we've ever really been below them this season and I see no reason why that has to change in a few games time. I do think that we would be better off letting him go now just to shake things up a bit, mind, but I can also see the massive risks doing so would bring.

We are in free fall, it's all about where we land. Villa and Wigan are fighting.

It's not a Pardew vs Carver coaching argument.

It's a negative/defensive tactics vs playing with freedom to keep us in the Premier League. And I'd go for freedom every single time.

Spot on. It really has been as simple as that for ages now...Nearly a year and a half at a guess.

If we don't win at Qpr we're down...That is it. Even if we beat Qpr...Wigan and Villa could yet get over 40 points..Neither have more than one game where they should lose on paper.

Guest bimpy474

Carver and stone aren't the answer, in fact they are part of the problem.

It would have to be someone from the outside who'll whip them up for a bit and isn't arsed if that's all it is for him. That's probably why we will ride our luck with the c*** till the final day of the season.

We need a proper coaching staff with a modern outlook.

Thing is we have no idea how modern their outlook is or not. Pardew is the main man and they contribute, he then takes it on board or not.

My point would be that i would prefer two Geordies to take us for the last three games than Pardew.

Steve Stone 'Run faster, jump higher'. Exactly what we need to do in the next games.

No joke. :(

Freed up from Pardew, them and the players would react imo. Just an opinion.

Guest bimpy474

It's not a Pardew vs Carver coaching argument.

It's a negative/defensive tactics vs playing with freedom to keep us in the Premier League. And I'd go for freedom every single time.

Spot on.

There's no need for the full on negativity like. People cannot see us picking up any points but they think that Villa and Wigan will?

As bad as Pardew is I still don't think we've ever really been below them this season and I see no reason why that has to change in a few games time. I do think that we would be better off letting him go now just to shake things up a bit, mind, but I can also see the massive risks doing so would bring.

We are in free fall, it's all about where we land. Villa and Wigan are fighting.

Yeah, but we have a points cushion on both sides (Villa could cut that tonight) and they have to play each other. It's just incredibly negative to assume that we will not pick up any points from our remaining games but Villa and Wigan will.

Carver and stone aren't the answer, in fact they are part of the problem.

It would have to be someone from the outside who'll whip them up for a bit and isn't arsed if that's all it is for him. That's probably why we will ride our luck with the c*** till the final day of the season.

We need a proper coaching staff with a modern outlook.

Thing is we have no idea how modern their outlook is or not. Pardew is the main man and they contribute, he then takes it on board or not.

My point would be that i would prefer two Geordies to take us for the last three games than Pardew.

Steve Stone 'Run faster, jump higher'. Exactly what we need to do in the next games.

No joke. :(

Freed up from Pardew, them and the players would react imo. Just an opinion.

Definitely. The players need to regain some confidence, not be scared stiff of the opponents and immobilised by the fear of failure. We just need a temporary boost in morale for 1 or 2 games, something I can't trust Pardew to do.

Yeah, but we have a points cushion on both sides (Villa could cut that tonight) and they have to play each other. It's just incredibly negative to assume that we will not pick up any points from our remaining games but Villa and Wigan will.

Negative? Realistic, looking at the way we've been playing. This is what's worrying people. Nobody's being an emo plonker putting on mascara and crying about 4-4-2, some of us are seriously worried about going down from the evidence that's been served up in recent games (some may say all season).

Yeah, put it this way. If Villa or Wigan has QPR away and we didn't we would all be assuming they would easily get 3 points. There is no excuse not to go there and win. The only way that is possible is if we roll over and let Taarabt and Remy take the piss.

Negative? Realistic, looking at the way we've been playing. This is what's worrying people. Nobody's being an emo plonker putting on mascara and crying about 4-4-2, some of us are seriously worried about going down from the evidence that's been served up in recent games (some may say all season).

:lol: what yee rattling on about man?

Villa and Wigan are both playing decent football and have a chance of picking up points, all we look capable of doing is going backwards.

Two away games in the capital where we historically are fucking awful then last game of the season we've got arsenal who are chasing champions league while our last two home games we shipped in 9 goals and scored none. You've got to be incredibly optimistic that we'd pick up any points from our last 3 games IMO, qpr being the most likely, and again we are relying on a team to put up no fight now the are down.

Villa and Wigan are playing well, picking up points and Wigan have a game in hand. Villa win tonight they'll finish ahead of us, so were down to one team, Wigan, good enough to get to a FA cup final and escape relegation 4 years running on the last day of the season (or some mad shit like that)

Its not looking good IMO, I can't get positive about our situation in the slightest, my last bit of positivity left me at 3-0 against the mackems.

Yeah, put it this way. If Villa or Wigan has QPR away and we didn't we would all be assuming they would easily get 3 points. There is no excuse not to go there and win. The only way that is possible is if we roll over and let Taarabt and Remy take the piss.

:thup: I fear that we could go down but even with Pardew in charge the odds are massively in our favour.

Have you even bothered to watch Villa or Wigan play lately?  Have you had a look at the form table which shows both clubs above us?

Less of this nonsense Hans. As Wullie noted, it is a 100% certainty that we're going down. It's basic mathematics mate. There may be a 5 point gap and Wigan may be utterly woeful, but the numbers don't lie. Don't let the Pardew apologists bring you to their level. What's done is done.

Two away games in the capital where we historically are fucking awful then last game of the season we've got arsenal who are chasing champions league while our last two home games we shipped in 9 goals and scored none. You've got to be incredibly optimistic that we'd pick up any points from our last 3 games IMO, qpr being the most likely, and again we are relying on a team to put up no fight now the are down.

Villa and Wigan are playing well, picking up points and Wigan have a game in hand. Villa win tonight they'll finish ahead of us, so were down to one team, Wigan, good enough to get to a FA cup final and escape relegation 4 years running on the last day of the season (or some mad shit like that)

Its not looking good IMO, I can't get positive about our situation in the slightest, my last bit of positivity left me at 3-0 against the mackems.

Not to mention the 7 goals we shipped last time we played Arsenal. Our only remaining home game.

Guest icemanblue

:thup: I fear that we could go down but even with Pardew in charge the odds are massively in our favour.

Thanks, Hans. I'm feeling a lot more optimistic after reading your posts. This is bizarre. :lol:

Fucking hell all this panic is making me.....panic  :'(

Can we not bloody man up and cling to the hope that we, as a club, will pull something out of the bag to save ourselves? With Turdew still in charge, the ONLY positive in our current situation is that our fate is in our own hands, and we don't mathematically have to count on others to fuck up.

I'd take survival and the shitehawk manager in charge until christmas than going down.

What a desperate situation. Fkn Ashley man :angry:

Have you even bothered to watch Villa or Wigan play lately?  Have you had a look at the form table which shows both clubs above us?

:lol:

Areet, we'll get beat off West Ham, QPR AND Arsenal whilst Villa and Wigan will fucking win the Jules Rimet trophy together.

Less of this nonsense Hans. As Wullie noted, it is a 100% certainty that we're going down. It's basic mathematics mate. There may be a 5 point gap and Wigan may be utterly woeful, but the numbers don't lie. Don't let the Pardew apologists bring you to their level. What's done is done.

Wigan woeful? What the fuck does that make us?  :jesuswept:

:lol: what yee rattling on about man?

Is English not your first language?