Alan Pardew

Mike

Everton A, Cardiff A, Liverpool H, Scum A, Chelsea H, Spurs A are our next leagues fixtures. We really need to take something from Everton, Cardiff, and Sunderland, 6-7 points is a must from those 3 fixtures otherwise Pardew will be in for it and unfortuantly I can see players taking a big hit in confidence.

yep no wins on the horizon in the short term , i said after we scored today its all about confidence but it just drained away with negative play and over reliance with ben arfa again

It's not how I approach every game but it should be how we approach every home game against at least half the league. Keep reading about how good Hull were ffs, they were laughably shit until we scored and backed off them.

You're not happy about it but you will defend it every single week. Righto.

It's completely ruined my weekend, I know you think that's laughable and that people who care are a bit embarrassing.

Guest icemanblue

It's not how I approach every game but it should be how we approach every home game against at least half the league. Keep reading about how good Hull were ffs, they were laughably shit until we scored and backed off them.

It's completely ruined my weekend, I know you think that's laughable and that people who care are a bit embarrassing.

Nah. I just said you're over egging it.

I'm not here to defend him. I'm giving my opinion on how the match went.

The players taking their foot off the pedal and Pardew ballsing stuff up in the second half are not excuses, Mick. You do realise there can be more than one person to blame, don't you?

Yes I do realise there can be more than one person to blame.  The players were a long way from playing to the best of there ability but pulling our midfield back wasn't the way to go about sorting that out.

INOCHI are you here still  :iamatwat:

as for the midfielders dropping back and it costing us the game, did no-one see how hull exploited the gap between the midfield and defence to get back in the game in first half?  guess not

they were ripping that space to shreds well before pardew decided to tell them to drop in

as for the midfielders dropping back and it costing us the game, did no-one see how hull exploited the gap between the midfield and defence to get back in the game in first half?  guess not

they were ripping that space to shreds well before pardew decided to tell them to drop in

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The players taking their foot off the pedal and Pardew ballsing stuff up in the second half are not excuses, Mick. You do realise there can be more than one person to blame, don't you?

Yes I do realise there can be more than one person to blame.  The players were a long way from playing to the best of there ability but pulling our midfield back wasn't the way to go about sorting that out.

I've not seen those quotes but what I saw were shoddy tactical changes in the second half, I agree with that. What I saw in the first has me far more disappointed, however.

I've not seen those quotes but what I saw were shoddy tactical changes in the second half, I agree with that. What I saw in the first has me far more disappointed, however.

You were more disappointed with what happened in the first half when the score was 2-1 then you were in the 2nd when the score was 0-2, OK.

Give over man, they'd hardly touched the ball before we scored. We dropped off as soon as the first goal went in and stopped attempting to attack. That's how we play.

You were more disappointed with what happened in the first half when the score was 2-1 then you were in the 2nd when the score was 0-2, OK.

Considering what I saw was poor attitude, yes. I'm not happy with a lack of ability (Pardew) but i find a lack of application and professionalism worse.

Give over man, they'd hardly touched the ball before we scored. We dropped off as soon as the first goal went in and stopped attempting to attack. That's how we play.

watch it again man, after we got the first their strikers and midfielders opened us up between the D & M time after time, coupled with remy and hatem not tracking back we were full of holes ffs

this was well before pardew pulled the midfield back or whatever

Considering what I saw was poor attitude, yes. I'm not happy with a lack of ability (Pardew) but i find a lack of application and professionalism worse.

I don't think we even had a shot after his team talk, at least the keeper didn't seem to have a save to make.

I don't think we even had a shot after his team talk.

Again, I wasn't at all happy with the second half and Pardew certainly played a huge part in that. I found the first half far more infuriating however, seeing a lack of professionalism. I know we went in at 2-1 but if the complacency hadn't been there, we could/should have been 2 or 3 up.

Didn't see any/hear much of the game but how close was it to last week/far from last year/vice-versa was it? Were Hull any good?

Hull didn't look too bad, hopefully it's just the typical first few games for a promoted team before they drop off.

watch it again man, after we got the first their strikers and midfielders opened us up between the D & M time after time, coupled with remy and hatem not tracking back we were full of holes ffs

this was well before pardew pulled the midfield back or whatever

Do you think we had the same attacking intent in the period between our goal and theirs?

I was absolutely apoplectic in my seat at the change in intent when we had the ball before they scored, it was the most embarrassing thing about the performance. If we'd carried on doing what we were doing before the goal, it would have been a comfortable home win for the first time in about eighteen months. When we had the ball at 1-0 we looked shit scared of attacking players we'd been vastly superior to five minutes before.

Didn't see any/hear much of the game but how close was it to last week/far from last year/vice-versa was it? Were Hull any good?

Hull didn't look too bad, hopefully it's just the typical first few games for a promoted team before they drop off.

They were hilariously shit until we scored. Danny Graham got booed the first time he touched the ball, that was after about twenty minutes.

you get a different perspective at the games vs. tv, i thought they reacted and made changes to how we were knocking it about notably for me as stated getting in between D & M then getting the goal

they played hatem out the game very well and we were lucky to be up at HT

second half i'll defer to opinion that pardew ruined it but i'm very conscious how right hull got it today that's all...we've been shit against teams parking the bus for a very long time, a very very long time tbh and frankly we know pardew isn't cut out to find the answers

i just saw differences between today and last seasons insipid home performances