Alan Pardew

Mike

When did he "slag off" Pardew?

Genuinely can't remember it.

He had a pop in May that the Europa league was no excuse for dwindling league form.

But Laudrup did no better at Getafe. UEFA quarter finals and 14th.  It was their worst finish sinnce being promoted back to the Primera Liga. Having not failed to finish top half for years previous. He had similar problems in a relegation battle at Mallorca in his one season there. Finished 1 point clear of relegation with a club who finished 5th the year before he arrived and 8th the next year without him.

Happy face peddling the same shyte again about Laudrup.  ;D

Don't let bankruptcy, administration, mass exodus of players get in the way of statistics.

Did that happen at Getafe too, like? You'll have to excuse me, I genuinely don't know, as I have a girlfriend.

He did well at Getefe.  Bless your girlfirend.

..and the Mallorca squad was back to it's best the year after when they finished 8th?

They'd had a year to sort themselves out by that point, maybe? Or maybe not. You'll probably have to ask a Majorca fan instead of raiding wiki.

:lol:  :thup:

Guest bimpy474

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lose to Leeds and beat Everton tbh.

This is a team that enjoys it when a team comes at you when they are all fit and likes space to move into.

It struggles when asks to take the initiative and break teams down.

Aye, Everton will play quite open and it'll suit us just as it did with Villa. Just got to hope Everton dont score first and roll us over.

Laudrups already won a trophy, and plays better football.  I know who I prefer

They play better football? Got any proof? I'm sure Happy Face will pull out a pie chart from 2012 to prove that's false information.  :bluestar:

The question was asked of me who I'd rather stick with Pardew over bringing in from the other premier league clubs.

I said I'd be ambivalent about laudrup. He may well get us playing some prettier stuff. But he's not got a track record that puts Pardew in the shade by any means. He's not stayed the course with any of his last 4 clubs either.

Anyone scoffing and insisting he'd be a guaranteed long term appointment to bring success to NUFC is talking out their arse because its all rhetorical opinion making.

The question was asked of me who I'd rather stick with Pardew over bringing in from the other premier league clubs.

I said I'd be ambivalent about laudrup. He may well get us playing some prettier stuff. But he's not got a track record that puts Pardew in the shade by any means. He's not stayed the course with any of his last 4 clubs either.

Anyone scoffing and insisting he'd be a guaranteed long term appointment to bring success to NUFC is talking out their arse because its all rhetorical opinion making.

Winning a trophy that has nothing to do with a wall covering puts him above Pardew.

Pardew is a problem but he's a symptom not the cause.

Sacking him might actually do more harm than good at this point, as we'd probably just end up with

a) another one of Ashley's acquaintances who's willing to do what the job requires (probably just Joe Kinnear)

b) a vaguely competent manager who would be smart enough to eventually realize that he doesn't need to work for complete lunatics, in which case we're back to the old revolving door of sackings and hires until we revert back to a).

In a perverse way, as the club is currently constructed Pardew is the perfect manager for us.

The football Laudrup plays should be more than enough to want anyone to change imo. I'd sell my granny to have an exciting attacking manager like him.

I go to the match to watch NUFC try and beat the other team by as many goals as possible, not to be bored, lose, then come home and console myself with carefully selected statistics.

Id almost take a relegation to get rid of the liar king.. at least we would be within a shout of getting a competent if average manager.

For me pardew is way below average and for all our stars its like giving a 10 year old a pound of beef tenderloin and ask him to cook a dinner.

He would only know how to make a pizza the same way Pardew only knows how to play cloggers... he benched tevez and macherano make of that what you will...

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-142kb71.gif

:lol: killed me for some reason

Reminds me of Harry Enfield.

The football Laudrup plays should be more than enough to want anyone to change imo. I'd sell my granny to have an exciting attacking manager like him.

I go to the match to watch NUFC try and beat the other team by as many goals as possible, not to be bored, lose, then come home and console myself with carefully selected statistics.

Exactly, if we started games with the mentality of winning and gave it or

Our all I'd have no issues in accepting defeat.

Its when we go out there with this attitude of stopping the other team playing and show no commitment I get pissed off

A season ticket holder saw Newcastle win 33% more games than a Swansea season ticket holder last year. But I know facts tend to cloud the issue so I apologise for mentioning it.

A season ticket holder saw Newcastle win 33% more games than a Swansea season ticket holder last year. But I know facts tend to cloud the issue so I apologise for mentioning it.

And 1 less cup.

Guest Forollhogna

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lose to Leeds and beat Everton tbh.

This is a team that enjoys it when a team comes at you when they are all fit and likes space to move into.

It struggles when asks to take the initiative and break teams down.

Thats taking it a bit far  :lol:

Guest neesy111

They (Swansea) saw their team attempt to a win a domestic trophy and successfully do it, something NUFC haven't attempted for a long while.