Alan Pardew

Mike

Find me anyone that was happy when Souness, Roeder and Allardyce were in charge ffs. :lol: If you're going to use that one then you'd have to use that one on 99% of the people on here, just as you would with Pardew.

The point isn't that the majority were happy with those managers...but that the majority of managers are a disappointment. 

Advocating for the sack because of a boring/annoying style of play is asking for another journeyman manager to come in and disappoint, but perhaps a way that doesn't prove as effective. 

All of those managers should have been sacked and we were right to want them sacked and they were right to be sacked. Just because we've had a string of disappointing managers doesn't mean that we should accept it because we're worried that the next one will be disappointing. If that next one's disappointing then he should be sacked too. In our current predicament, it's a bit different because we pretty much know that the replacement is worse, but that isn't any reason for us to think that Pardew is anything other than absolutely s*** and to maintain the stiff upper lip.

Saying that Pardew isn't as bad as Souness, Allardyce or Roeder, or to try and claim that because we've had s*** managers before that this is who we are is a thoroughly depressing and incredibly small-time attitude. It may have a basis in reality because of Mike Ashley, but there's no way that I'm going to let him affect the way that I think and the things that I aspire to for this club. That definitely isn't Kinnear, but it absolutely isn't Pardew either and backing him up with these stats and going on about being careful what you wish for is negative, pessimistic, stagnation.

Cracking post!!!  :clap:

Agree - also, saying that the majority of managers are disappointing is no justification for NUFC putting up with one who is ; the majority of PL clubs get nowhere NEAR us in attendances or potential crowd base if we are run correctly, so using the fact that most managers are crap is not a valid reason for keeping one who is as crap as most. These arguments are just defeatism and acceptance of Ashley's brainwashing as well as that of the southern Media.

We should not be happy with ANY manager that can't get us into the Top 10 even with THIS decimated squad and should in reality be looking for someone who would have the club challenging for Europe every year - this would certainly be the target of anyone who takes over the club and it WILL happen one day.

It's quite funny to me that you've posted that definition, considering that's exactly what Pardew does. To think that it's insane to accept sub-mediocrity is fucking lifting like. :lol: Nee offence.

No he doesn't. 

We've been passing it about on the ground much more this season, on the whole.  Notwithstanding 45 minutes in the second half on Saturday.

We've had a proper 4-3-3 with two advanced players either side of Cisse rather than him being on his jack jones winning fuck all and holding up fuck all.

Tiote didn't get his place back automatically which was infuriating before.  Doubt Steven Taylor would have either.

Guest firetotheworks

It's quite funny to me that you've posted that definition, considering that's exactly what Pardew does. To think that it's insane to accept sub-mediocrity is f***ing lifting like. :lol: Nee offence.

No he doesn't. 

We've been passing it about on the ground much more this season, on the whole.  Notwithstanding 45 minutes in the second half on Saturday.

We've had a proper 4-3-3 with two advanced players either side of Cisse rather than him being on his jack jones winning f*** all and holding up f*** all.

Tiote didn't get his place back automatically which was infuriating before.  Doubt Steven Taylor would have either.

He has no Plan B and when Plan A fails...he keeps trying Plan A. I'd call that doing the same thing and expecting different results. We had a whole season of it man and nothing has changed.

We are in a sort of transition period if you like this season, we are trying something new, just need to stick with it, the side is still gelling together, we need to start making sure we are getting Ben Arfa/Remy in the right areas in order for them to create. Ben Arfa had a stinker on Sat, these things can happen. I'm sure we will have learnt a lot from that defeat on Saturday and looked at areas where we need to improve and hopefully we will be a lot tighter against everton and concentration levels of a higher order. It’s not a time now to be making drastic changes to the side or management.

Guest neesy111

Who boos him or raises the tensions? Its a forum for discussion.

Been to two home games and heard no boos or anti pardew remarks.

There were clear boos at the end of the game on Saturday.

We lost to home v Hull.  I'd think most PL teams would get boo's for that these days.

Guest firetotheworks

We are in a sort of transition period if you like this season, we are trying something new, just need to stick with it, the side is still gelling together, we need to start making sure we are getting Ben Arfa/Remy in the right areas in order for them to create. Ben Arfa had a stinker on Sat, these things can happen. I'm sure we will have learnt a lot from that defeat on Saturday and looked at areas where we need to improve and hopefully we will be a lot tighter against everton and concentration levels of a higher order. It’s not a time now to be making drastic changes to the side or management.

That reads like someone pleading for their wife to stay with them, when the marriage is quite clearly over. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Who boos him or raises the tensions? Its a forum for discussion.

Been to two home games and heard no boos or anti pardew remarks.

There were clear boos at the end of the game on Saturday.

We lost to home v Hull.  I'd think most PL teams would get boo's for that these days.

Even Hull would, imo.

It's quite funny to me that you've posted that definition, considering that's exactly what Pardew does. To think that it's insane to accept sub-mediocrity is f***ing lifting like. :lol: Nee offence.

No he doesn't. 

We've had a proper 4-3-3 with two advanced players either side of Cisse rather than him being on his jack jones winning f*** all and holding up f*** all.

He has no Plan B and when Plan A fails...he keeps trying Plan A. I'd call that doing the same thing and expecting different results. We had a whole season of it man and nothing has changed.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the anti-stat brigade once again, I have to apologise and say that the numbers aren't make believe, there is a trend for reducing long balls since January.

Last season we hit more long than any club in the league.  This season only Arsenal have currently hit fewer.

However successful you think this change of approach has been, or how long it will last is open to debate, but it's clearly a conscious move towards playing on the ground rather than in the air, and should be applauded by those who have crioticised the hoofball of the recent past.

Oh dear. That's when you know someone's run out of material.

It's a decent point, like. I genuinely can't remember Wullie ever being happy. :lol:

Crazy eh, what with all the ambition we've shown and success we've had in recent times.

Seemed to be happy enough to me when Chris Hughton was being left alone to run things.

If so then good. He would have been in a small minority, along with myself, who rated Hughton both as a person and a football man when he was given the job.

If my memory serves me most on here absolutely slated the guy, dished out the usual gratuitous and vitriolic insults and generally considered him to be Ashley's poodle and a non entity.

Guest firetotheworks

No he doesn't. 

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the anti-stat brigade once again, I have to apologise and say that the numbers aren't make believe, there is a trend for reducing long balls since January.

Last season we hit more long than any club in the league.  This season only Arsenal have currently hit fewer.

However successful you think this change of approach has been, or how long it will last is open to debate, but it's clearly a conscious move towards playing on the ground rather than in the air, and should be applauded by those who have crioticised the hoofball of the recent past.

I didn't mention hoofball, or long balls, or any of the things that you're discussing. I'm saying that he tries something and if he tries and it continues to fail, he continues to try it.

You can call that sticking to and believing in the way that you play. That's fair enough, Barcalona do it, and so do a lot of other teams. You can put a positive spin on Pardew sticking to his philosophy or whatever, but what isn't fair enough and what there is absolutely no spin on, is if what he sticks with hasn't worked, it will continue to not work.

You can point to the long balls last season and you can definitely say that we've cut that out. Our outlook on matches is always the same though. Attack, possibly score and then look to hold on. It's been the same since day 1.

Guest Forollhogna

Still gelling together after 3 years  :lol:  Its gonna be World War III by the time Pardew figures out how to construct a slick passing side..

Big misconception amongst fans.  If you don't play long balls it is good football.

It looked to me like good football when we had Fulham pinned back and were all over Hull.  I'm told it looked good against Villa too but I never saw that game.

Remy has made a massive difference because it wasn't at all as effective against Man City or West Ham.

Big misconception amongst fans.  If you don't play long balls it is good football.

It looked to me like good football when we had Fulham pinned back and were all over Hull.  I'm told it looked good against Villa too but I never saw that game.

Remy has made a massive difference because it wasn't at all as effective against Man City or West Ham.

Don't think you saw any of them.

Good fotballers make a difference shocker... has F..all to do with Pardew.

Blaming him for the bad stuff while not praising him for the good is not particularly balanced.

Good footballers like Ben Arfa, Debuchy and Sissoko had utter shitters on Saturday, fuck all to do with Pardew as well by that measure.

Still gelling together after 3 years  :lol:  Its gonna be World War III by the time Pardew figures out how to construct a slick passing side..

3 years together? You serious or just a complete tard?

Debuchy MYM Sissoko Remy have only been playing Prem league football for 6 month, one of which has only just came in to the side. Anita has just started to find his feet in a new system, the team as a whole has only really played two matches together, this isn't a settled side by any means of the imagination. We've been trying to implement a new playing style in a formation that was successful in the past.

Guest Forollhogna

3 years together? You serious or just a complete tard?

Debuchy MYM Sissoko Remy have only been playing Prem league football for 6 month, one of which has only just came in to the side. Anita has just started to find his feet in a new system, the team as a whole has only really played two matches together, this isn't a settled side by any means of the imagination. We've been trying to implement a new playing style in a formation that was successful in the past.

And how long has Pardew been here you absolute spackard  :lol:  New players conform to the team and the managers visions - and if they dont well then they have failed to make the jump to the PL. Going on the fourth season now with no style or identity - Gelling my arse.