Alan Pardew

Mike

If you actually paid attention to last years premier league, you would know that Swansea was on holiday since mid march when they had won the cup and secured their premier league status - they didnt give a flying the last 10 odd games while we were clawing for survival...

You seem to tailor everything to put pardew in a better light - is he your brother in law or something?

Happy face stats seem to have neglected details once again to serve his purpose.

Guest firetotheworks

FFS man, you're using basic, blatant superiority as an 'ONLY'. :lol:

Aye, 5 points, better football, better manager, a cup and Europe. Only ALL of those things.

Calm down man.  We're just talking about league position here. Being in Europe and holding a cup doesn't help that, if anything, the former hinders it.

I'm totally fine. If we're talking just about league position and can't take anything into account, then stripped down we're talking about a Newcastle side full of regular internationals being within a whisker of relegation and a team a that plays better, attacking football and finishing only 5 points better off. It's not a case of it being only 5 points and, even if it was, it's still in Swansea's favour!

No if, you're doing that you're still contextualising  :lol:

The stats are that Swansea finished above Newcastle by 5 points. If you want to use that as an "only" then that's your choice, but it wouldn't sell would it? Saying that something is only£5 more. It's utter spin. The other way around and you'd be banging on about how we finished above whichever team, regardless of points, or including points depending on how much you want to ram your ridiculous points home.

Aye, 5 points, better football, better manager, a cup and Europe. Only ALL of those things.

Calm down man.  We're just talking about league position here. Being in Europe and holding a cup doesn't help that, if anything, the former hinders it.

If NE5 got banned for constantly posting nonsense and being either a wum or a complete simpleton then why can't this guy?

Guest firetotheworks

Because NE5 spread it across every thread and deliberitely brought it up. That and he was and still is a self-satisfied, clueless, sad, old c***.

He spoiled the entire board for everyone.

Also, I don't agree with Happy Face, but he hasn't been a dick about it (at least to me any way)

:lol:

Banned for the politely stated opinion that making up 5 points on Swansea wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.

They're 9/4 for a top 8 finish, we're 4/1.

If anyone wants to give me 4/1 I'll have a tenner bet for fun that we finish above Swansea.

Not to mention that a 5 point slip was enough for him to conclude that Laudrop's season with Getafe was a massive failure.

Not quite what I said was it?

I said i would be ambivalent about Laudrup getting Pardew's job right now.

The reason for that is he hasn't finished 2 seasons with any of his last 4 clubs and whatever obstacles/excuses he and Pardew may have had, their ultimate league performances can be compared.  He shouldn't really slate a manager for not having any excuses, when he himself had a valid excuse for his teams drop into the lower end of the league.

If Laudrup maintains his performances/league position at Swansea consistently then he will go up in my estimation.

You are banging on about league position then saying qualifying for europe hinders that ffs, it's complete contradictory bullshit.

Unless we finish in the top 6 which you clearly don't want us to as it's such a hindrance then who gives a shit about a couple of league positions?

They have a much better set up, they play better football, they recently won a trophy and are currently in Europe where they have just twatted Valencia at the Mestalla.  There is no comparison.

If you'd rather finish 10th and win fuck all every season than finish 12th and have recently won a trophy then you're not right in the head.

Banned for the politely stated opinion that making up 5 points on Swansea wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.

just thought it pertinent to point out that that 5 point gap is less relevant because in terms of our squad depth, which according to the manager was a major failing of ours last year, we have stood still while swansea have gone ahead and invested in making the squad that finished 5 points ahead of us much better (in principle)

no stats for that though i suppose

Guest Haris Vuckic

An extremely sobering thought that Di Canio and Bruce have tactically tore Pardew a new arsehole in very recent history.

I think players lost us both those games - not tactics.

just thought it pertinent to point out that that 5 point gap is less relevant because in terms of our squad depth, which according to the manager was a major failing of ours last year, we have stood still while swansea have gone ahead and invested in making the squad that finished 5 points ahead of us much better (in principle)

no stats for that though i suppose

Let's go then.  Will you give me 4/1?

You are banging on about league position then saying qualifying for europe hinders that ffs, it's complete contradictory bullshit.

Unless we finish in the top 6 which you clearly don't want us to as it's such a hindrance then who gives a s*** about a couple of league positions?

They have a much better set up, they play better football, they recently won a trophy and are currently in Europe where they have just twatted Valencia at the Mestalla.  There is no comparison.

If you'd rather finish 10th and win f*** all every season than finish 12th and have recently won a trophy then you're not right in the head.

Boro once won this mickey mouse cup though, hardly FA cup wonders, saying that i won't begrudge winning it like but i'm never really emotionally bothered when we exit this cup like i am when we bomb out of FA. I don’t think winning the league cup should entitle Europe, imo. Before i get slated for this opinion i know a lot of people feel strongly about going for all cups as it's still a trophy and i understand that, i've just never had enough emotion for this cup to care really. I think a high league position should entitle Europe over winning the league cup.

Guest neesy111

The league cup is our best chance at winning something as none of the top sides take it seriously enough.

We should be going out all guns blazing each round.

This.