Alan Pardew

Mike

If he gets the boot (and I'm not convinced in the slightest that this is on the cards), whoever comes in needs to work miracles with the basic professional pride in these c***s in black and white.

Pretty sure someone said a few weeks ago that this is the most likeable, talented team we've had in ages. I'd take Hughton's side built around the likes of Nolan, Barton and Carroll side over this set of f***ing pansies any day of the week.

Too much cheap foreign tat, not enough British spirit. Absolutely no balance in that area.

I'd argue the following:

1) If anything, we need a foreign (or foreign based) manager, as opposed to constantly appointing mediocre British managers. In 20 years or so in the Premiership, we've appointed only one manager from abroad, Sir Bobby, and he was an Englishman and boyhood fan of this club ffs, on top of being a recognised world class manager. The only foreign national - Gullitt - was an ex-Chelsea manager and therefore recruited from within these shores. Why are we so insular in looking for the right person to lead this club? Search the globe for the right man irrespective of nationality, not just these shores. It's the root cause of why we've never amounted to much despite our resources - we've had owners incapable of seeing beyond the ends of their noses when appointing managers.

2) We had expensive British talent when we were last relegated. Barton, Nolan (2 of the 3 mentioned by Dave), Butt, Smith, Owen, Duff (counts as domestic), Raylor, Saylor, Guthrie - some of the biggest contributors to our relegation at the time, players on massive salaries who let us down just as much, if not more, than other "foreign mercenaries". I'd like to see more British talent in the team, but the key isn't to bring in more British players for the sake of it - we need more quality players fullstop. Though I'd harbor a guess that this squad of players would look infinitely better under a good manager.

3) Confidence is 10x more important than "professional pride" imo. E.g. players under Allardyce in the months leading to his dismissal (horrible football, individuals unable to do basics like pass or control a ball, couldn't see where goals were coming from, etc) compared to exact same group under Keegan a few months later when he had instilled some confidence and got them playing decent football again.

If he gets the boot (and I'm not convinced in the slightest that this is on the cards), whoever comes in needs to work miracles with the basic professional pride in these c***s in black and white.

Pretty sure someone said a few weeks ago that this is the most likeable, talented team we've had in ages. I'd take Hughton's side built around the likes of Nolan, Barton and Carroll side over this set of f***ing pansies any day of the week.

Too much cheap foreign tat, not enough British spirit. Absolutely no balance in that area.

I'd argue the following:

1) If anything, we need a foreign (or foreign based) manager, as opposed to constantly appointing mediocre British managers. In 20 years or so in the Premiership, we've appointed only one manager from abroad, Sir Bobby, and he was an Englishman and boyhood fan of this club ffs, on top of being a recognised world class manager. The only foreign national - Gullitt - was an ex-Chelsea manager and therefore recruited from within these shores. Why are we so insular in looking for the right person to lead this club? Search the globe for the right man irrespective of nationality, not just these shores. It's the root cause of why we've never amounted to much despite our resources - we've had owners incapable of seeing beyond the ends of their noses when appointing managers.

2) We had expensive British talent when we were last relegated. Barton, Nolan (2 of the 3 mentioned by Dave), Butt, Smith, Owen, Duff (counts as domestic), Raylor, Saylor - some of the biggest contributors to our relegation at the time, players on massive salaries who let us down just as much, if not more, than other "foreign mercenaries". I'd like to see more British talent in the team, but the key isn't to bring in more British players for the sake of it - we need more quality players fullstop. Though I'd harbor a guess that this squad of players would look infinitely better under a good manager.

3) Confidence is 10x more important than "professional pride" imo. E.g. players under Allardyce in the months leading to his dismissal (horrible football, individuals unable to do basics like pass or control a ball, couldn't see where goals were coming from, etc) compared to exact same group under Keegan a few months later when he had instilled some confidence and got them playing decent football again.

Cracking post.

I'd argue the following:

2) We had expensive British talent when we were last relegated. Barton, Nolan (2 of the 3 mentioned by Dave), Butt, Smith, Owen, Duff (counts as domestic), Raylor, Saylor - some of the biggest contributors to our relegation at the time, players on massive salaries who let us down just as much, if not more, than other "foreign mercenaries". I'd like to see more British talent in the team, but the key isn't to bring in more British players for the sake of it - we need more quality players fullstop. Though I'd harbor a guess that this squad of players would look infinitely better under a good manager.

That must've taken a while to write.

Especially when you decide to have a ago after removing your best player from the pitch.

If he isn't injured then Pardew needs f***ing castrating.

He must injured. It would be utter and complete stupidity to take him off.

Pardew won't learn anything from this though. Nothing. He'll never have the guts to compete properly in a match like this from the off.

Pardew's thinking will be along the lines of the first half was clearly down to Ben Arfa not tracking back and Williamson not starting.

Guest hatem garrincha

Especially when you decide to have a ago after removing your best player from the pitch.

If he isn't injured then Pardew needs f***ing castrating.

He must injured. It would be utter and complete stupidity to take him off.

He didn't seem injured end of first half.

Guest bimpy474

Fair play for the post half time period but he absolutely screwed us with the starting line up and the shape in the second half limited us in our fight back.

I thought it was the lack of pressing that done us, poor defending obviously as well.

I remember people who watch french football on here saying when we were linked with all the players we signed in January, that they were all world class, and they were top internationals, I also remember seeing Debuchy in the Euro's last year, and thinking he was class, and he played some great football. It has to say something about Pardews managerial ability, that they are all now playing utter shite (Gouff is the exception), and lack all confidence.