Alan Pardew

Mike

prolly because it's harder to whinge after a good result. Oh sure, you can bust out the old chestnuts of false dawn, paper over the cracks, but it's hard to get that negative momentum really going without a sound thrashing to back it up.

prolly because it's harder to whinge after a good result. Oh sure, you can bust out the old chestnuts of false dawn, paper over the cracks, but it's hard to get that negative momentum really going without a sound thrashing to back it up.

Every other game is a defeat you plum.

Every other game is a defeat you plum.

Then I guess some won't have to wait long :thup:

He's looking desperate to me now.  I have no problem with Ben Arfa being dropped after 2 poor shows, but Pardew still clearly has no idea whatsoever who he prefers across the whole midfield or to partner Coloccini.  Individual mistakes will happen and will be learned form, but only if Pardew has a system in mind which he is going to allow players to grow into. He's chopping and changing in blind hope that something comes off.

You just noticed this recently ?.

We all know he's got few ideas tactically, but I think it would have been unfair to say many changes were out of desperation up until now.  The side has been fairly consistent, Ben Arfa & Mbiwa had played all 6 games along with the other 4 ever-presents that start today.  Changes were largely based on fitness, strike action etc.

seems like people would actually be very disappointed if we won

Much though I want Pardew gone, if we win it'll still make my weekend. I love Saturday night football on the telly when we win.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

I was raging at the team selection, hard to argue with the performance though. You would have to think the reaction from the players would have happened anyway, but even so.

Just hate to see Mapou and HBA out of the team.

Agree with every word.

I was raging at the team selection, hard to argue with the performance though. You would have to think the reaction from the players would have happened anyway, but even so.

Just hate to see Mapou and HBA out of the team.

Pardew needed a win and if he gets it, he'll feel fully vindicated. You can't argue with 3pts away from home, even if it is Cardiff City.

Guest bimpy474

Wrong selection but top marks how he's set the ones he's picked.

It's not even the set up (players and formation), for me it's the football. It's been great to watch for a change. It makes it all the more frustrating when we play like a drain most of the time.