Alan Pardew

Mike

When he was a soopafan out on the pish wi aarl the leds...

First round of signings with allardish

We spent less then than we did in 11/12

http://i39.tinypic.com/2r2lu3b.jpg

You've missed two off that first one: Parker out, Barton in. Spend probably about the same though.

You've missed two off that first one: Parker out, Barton in. Spend probably about the same though.

7 June 2007 when Ashley took the controlling stake in the club.

Parker's sale was completed on June 6th and Barton's signing on 14th June, so by rights, Ashley could claim to have spent £6m more than I've given credit for.  But you're probably right, Ashley would have been consulted before we signed anyone during hi take-over bid that began in May.

7 June 2007 when Ashley took the controlling stake in the club.

Parker's sale was completed on June 6th and Barton's signing on 14th June, so by rights, Ashley could claim to have spent £6m more than I've given credit for.  But you're probably right, Ashley would have been consulted before we signed anyone during hi take-over bid that began in May.

IIRC it was reported at the time that he'd done exactly that, given them the go-ahead before the takeover.

Like I said before, it's not about the spend or lack of it. We generate enough funds to build one of the better sides in the league regardless. It's about allocation of the funds, and unlike other skinflint clubs, e.g. Everton, we won't allocate them to a vital part of the operations which is the management. This will eventually come back to bite Ashley on his fat arse though, because the players are being devalued every month they spend here under Pardew.

Like I said before, it's not about the spend or lack of it. We generate enough funds to build one of the better sides in the league regardless. It's about allocation of the funds, and unlike other skinflint clubs, e.g. Everton, we won't allocate them to a vital part of the operations which is the management. This will eventually come back to bite Ashley on his fat arse though, because the players are being devalued every month they spend here under Pardew.

The spending chat just came from the suggestion Ashley ever spent heavily on the club and then withdrew from doing so. Never been the case afaic.

The benefit to Ashley of prioritising player wages over manager is that better players have greater sell on value and are more than happy to jump ship.

The spending chat just came from the suggestion Ashley ever spent heavily on the club and then withdrew from doing so. Never been the case afaic.

The benefit to Ashley of prioritising player wages over manager is that better players have greater sell on value and are more than happy to jump ship.

But the downside is that under performing teams don't attract big fees for their players. Tiote for example was valued at £15m a year ago, now he wouldn't fetch a fraction of that. Ditto for Cabaye, Ben Arfa and others.

Not having a go, just offering a different perspective to your spin.

Well fair enough I suppose, all I was suggesting was that Ashley has in fact parted with quite a lot of cash. His own fault etc, etc, I know.

His initial investment was high and his subsequent investments have been fairly low. He could have easily made 1 to 3 shrewd hires in a Chairman/DOF/Manager and not touched that since and all of his minor cash investments into players would probably have served better and trickled throughout the club. Better Chairman getting better deals, with a better DOF/Scout/Manager relationship finding better players, getting more out the players, and a higher league position with more fan support and less unrest.  The higher league position meaning more money and more attraction to commercial partners and sponsors or potential new ownership.  Sadly, his horrible dealings early on and various other fuck ups since have damaged public view on the club until he leaves, sells up, or comes out admits to every mistake he's made and commits to righting every single one his wrongs and proves it with every decision after.

Guest Slippery Sam

From what I see, we have a group of players who are playing well below their combined ability.  We should be going into games dreaming of putting 3 or 4 past the opposition, but here we are worried that Sunlun's new manager will be giving them the advantage.  Sunlun, a team whose only attribute is endeavor ffs.  Alan Pardew is the fault in all this.

Guest icemanblue

COuld have made his money back by now if he had of listend to a certain person.

Never mind, the man is a one trick business pony.

A billionaire one trick business pony. Must be a fucking good trick.

Post-Xisco signings were on average probably offered much lower wages than the ones before them, which I suspect is a much more significant indicator of spending than net spend is in our case.