Alan Pardew

Mike

If Pardew goes I am 99% sure Kinnear will take over. In the unlikely event he doesn't I dread to think who we will get in.

Either way I am certain it won't be an ambitious appointment. As bad as Pardew is I think there is more chance of the next manager being worse.

It'll be another quick fix appointment by ashley, most likely Kinnear and when Kinnear suffers another wobbler it will be down to the coaching staff like last time.  Then he'll end up appointing someone and it will all be to late.

The man is a grade a idiot.

Come on gimp Ashley is not an idiot. Whatever anyone on here thinks about Pardew's abilty as a manager what he said today about Ashley is about as accurate a description of our predicament as it gets imo.

Im just venting mate :lol:

Fair enough  :thup:  :lol:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/aug/26/fernando-torres-didier-drogba-chelsea

"I think we are realistic about where we think we are," Pardew said. "I think we are in that group with Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool. But whether we can reach the dizzy heights of Man City, Man United, Chelsea … where they are now … it's going to be tough. But you've got to believe you can.

"The only time I hear the word 'expectations' from Newcastle fans is from journalists from the Midlands and London. But up north, they know. We will continue hopefully to excel this year and get a top- eight finish. Top five would be a great achievement."

Ouch!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/aug/26/fernando-torres-didier-drogba-chelsea

"I think we are realistic about where we think we are," Pardew said. "I think we are in that group with Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool. But whether we can reach the dizzy heights of Man City, Man United, Chelsea … where they are now … it's going to be tough. But you've got to believe you can.

"The only time I hear the word 'expectations' from Newcastle fans is from journalists from the Midlands and London. But up north, they know. We will continue hopefully to excel this year and get a top- eight finish. Top five would be a great achievement."

"We can't compete."

How often have we heard that? :lol:

Anyone got that quote that used to be in Tooj's sig?  Seems to have been changed.

:lol: I was thinking just that earlier.

“The only time I hear the word ‘expectations’ from Newcastle fans is from journalists from the Midlands and London. But up north, they know"

Thanks.

:lol:

"When Mike is unhappy he does things that aren't good for the football club"

Good to have an admission.

Wow - quite shocked he owned up to that.

MA will be p*ssed at that, as w all know what he wanted to say.

"Mike is a big huffy kid and when things upset him he acts like an utter c***.

This march on Saturday will no doubt have repercussions too!

Dare I say...let it.

If Pardew goes I am 99% sure Kinnear will take over. In the unlikely event he doesn't I dread to think who we will get in.

Either way I am certain it won't be an ambitious appointment. As bad as Pardew is I think there is more chance of the next manager being worse.

:thup:

“If there was perhaps less pressure on our results, and the effect on the city, it would probably be a better club. But that’s what it is, it’s never going to change.”

There would be less pressure on results if you knew how to manage the team!

(Quotes from Pardew's recent TV interview)

“If there was perhaps less pressure on our results, and the effect on the city, it would probably be a better club. But that’s what it is, it’s never going to change.”

So, if the fans start accepting poor performances and results, we'd be a better club? Aye.

:lol:

Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham have already shown they're eons ahead of us this season.

Pardew is a complete and utter embarrassment.

So, if the fans start accepting poor performances and results, we'd be a better club? Aye.

Don't think he means it like that, more the fact every game is a must win up here, even gets said on this forum before nearly every match, if we lose 'must win' game, relegation battle looms. Well at least that's what i think he is putting across. There's pressure on every club manager to succeed but not necessarily on every single game like it is with Pardew.

I thought he came across the whole interview rather well to be honest, obviously can dissect a quote here or there that might be incorrect or slightly baffling but on the whole thought it was a good watch and enjoyed it.

Every game recently has been a must win cos weve been lurking at the bottom of the league ffs.

people will take a defeat better if the team on the pitch isnt a fcking shambles for 90 minutes.

If less words came from Pardew and more from Mike Ashley himself, that may help.

Funny how Pardew flat out refuses to comment on transfers but is happy to blab on about the internal politics.

This is utter tripe - is he trying to say that if Liverpool were getting our results their fans wouldn't be putting the club under pressure, presumably on the basis that they are in a city with 2 clubs..?

ANY club which has a large and fervent fan base is going to find itself under pressure for results and performances - the problem is that Pardew is out of his league at NUFC...he was out of it at Southampton so he is hardly in a position to question the fans here.

The guy is shameless.

Wants to manage a good club, but have absolutely no expectations placed on him whatsoever.

He's not built for this level of management, it's as simple as that.

Everything out of his mouth is negative. Everything he does is done in fear and he constantly looks to cover his back. Grade A coward.

Get him out.

Don't think he means it like that, more the fact every game is a must win up here, even gets said on this forum before nearly every match, if we lose 'must win' game, relegation battle looms. Well at least that's what i think he is putting across. There's pressure on every club manager to succeed but not necessarily on every single game like it is with Pardew.

I thought he came across the whole interview rather well to be honest, obviously can dissect a quote here or there that might be incorrect or slightly baffling but on the whole thought it was a good watch and enjoyed it.

Too fucking right they should be.  We should be aiming to win every single game, home & away, no matter who the opponent is.  To try to win but fail is forgiveable, to give up before a ball has been kicked is contemptible.

I think he's lost track of his position most things now and just makes it up as he goes along. One of his core job roles appears to be to continue to dampen expectations though. As long as the stadium is near full then they'll continue to try and cut as many corners as possible.

I think he's lost track of his position most things now and just makes it up as he goes along. One of his core job roles appears to be to continue to dampen expectations though. As long as the stadium is near full then they'll continue to try and cut as many corners as possible.

:thup:

This dampening of expectations thing is purely Pardew IMO, and not some sort of remit from above.

It's down to his personal disbelief that he can achieve a decent result without spending like Man City.

He'll be rabbiting on the same nonsense to everyone else at the club, whether it's Mike Ashley or Joe Kinnear or whoever. It is what he does.

It's his way of doing everything in his power to stay in charge and buy himself time in a job he will never be good enough for.

It's all part of the stay up by investing as little as possible strategy.

This dampening of expectations thing is purely Pardew IMO, and not some sort of remit from above.

It's down to his personal disbelief that he can achieve a decent result without spending like Man City.

He'll be rabbiting on the same nonsense to everyone else at the club, whether it's Mike Ashley or Joe Kinnear or whoever. It is what he does.

It's his way of doing everything in his power to stay in charge and buy himself time in a job he will never be good enough for.

:dowie:

Guest icemanblue

Oh shut the fuck up, man, Kaka.