Alan Pardew

Mike

"Our fans were brilliant - Steven Gerrard coming to take a corner and being applauded by our fans and stuff like that"

Haha...only after we booed the s*** out of him.

Tbh a lot of agro amongst our fans was caused by those who clapped him when he came over for the first corner and the others who rightly remember his horror tackle on Nobby. I can understand Spanish supporters clapping Iniesta who won them the world cup but in all fairness to Gerrard, he has done fuck all in comparison to that and imo didn’t deserve that reception.

On the whole i thought our fans were brilliant, always going to be some people in the crowd who disagree with subs, that's understood. I thought Cabaye was looking very leggy and thought was the right call as he hadn't been as effective in that second half and we needed fresher legs in the middle of the park. Some fans voiced their opinions but it wasn’t anything over the top I didn’t think.

"Our fans were brilliant - Steven Gerrard coming to take a corner and being applauded by our fans and stuff like that"

Haha...only after we booed the s*** out of him.

Tbh a lot of agro amongst our fans was caused by those who clapped him when he came over for the first corner and the others who rightly remember his horror tackle on Nobby. I can understand Spanish supporters clapping Iniesta who won them the world cup but in all fairness to Gerrard, he has done fuck all in comparison to that and imo didn’t deserve that reception.

On the whole i thought our fans were brilliant, always going to be some people in the crowd who disagree with subs, that's understood. I thought Cabaye was looking very leggy and thought was the right call as he hadn't been as effective in that second half and we needed fresher legs in the middle of the park. Some fans voiced their opinions but it wasn’t anything over the top I didn’t think.

All 3 subs were fine. Not sure Cabaye deserved the twat around the head Pards gave him though. :lol:

Where was that? I heard 'Alan Pardew's black and white army' on a number of occasions.

:snod:

Our support was excellent yesterday. Best it's been in a long time at home.

It has been all season at SJP to be fair.

Hardly, been like a morgue so far, last 15 minutes of Fulham game was good. West Ham was very dull, even when we were winning against Hull we were quiet. Yesterday was by far the best it's been in a long time. Controversial decisions by the officials really do kick our crowd into action, we get more animated and get behind the team more.

No point in getting too excited when Mike Ashley and JFK are the two in charge of transfers. As much as the improvement on the pitch is (in its limited amount so far), FFS we have them two fucktards about to ruin it by doing and spending f*** all.

We're like the Andrea Gail in The Perfect Storm, we look like we're breaking free but the shitstorm of those c***s is going to drag us back down.

yet most think we actually have a decent group of players... :dontknow:

I don't think anyone can really argue otherwise after today, although I'm sure Happy Face and Haris will have a go. What today showed to me was that we have players who can look good against the best in the division if they are properly organised and motivated. But different teams will provide different problems and we'll need to be able to adjust accordingly sometimes.

Straw man there. I'd say we have a decent group.  Liverpool aren't the best in the division by any stretch though. Certainly not yesterday, and we clung on valiantly.

All I have said is there is a degree of hyperbole in this thread about our "team full of internationals".

Where is this hyperbole? If someone said on here that we have a team which should be challenging for a CL spot I must have missed it. What we have asked for is a team with some shape and direction with a game resembling the successful teams in the premier league. You can have shape and direction based on Fat Sam's philosophy as well obviously, but that's not what most of us mean by the term.

Yesterday's football - that's what we want. We have the players, now let's see it delivered consistently.

The fact is we have a squad full of International players....not Internationals from Haiti or Papua New Guinea or even Austria. Internationals from countries with good footballing pedigree. France, Argentina, Italy and Holland. Countries that do well in World Cups. So to an extent, the under investment is moot. What isn't moot is that generally, with this current manager pulling the strings, we play football not suited to World Cups and European Championships or Copa Americas, but to Conferance level.

What's remarkable is that you would try to turn yesterdays performance into a point scored against me and Haris.  Same old story though.  Good performances come thanks to our team full of internationals, bad ones are attributable to Pardew.

Notwithstanding the fact that I think only 4 of our 14 players yesterday actually played in their countries most recent internationals, half of them as late subs.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It annoys me when people call Anita a ''Dutch International Midfielder''.

All his caps came at right back. (I do rate him though)

No point in getting too excited when Mike Ashley and JFK are the two in charge of transfers. As much as the improvement on the pitch is (in its limited amount so far), FFS we have them two fucktards about to ruin it by doing and spending f*** all.

We're like the Andrea Gail in The Perfect Storm, we look like we're breaking free but the shitstorm of those c***s is going to drag us back down.

I don't think anyone can really argue otherwise after today, although I'm sure Happy Face and Haris will have a go. What today showed to me was that we have players who can look good against the best in the division if they are properly organised and motivated. But different teams will provide different problems and we'll need to be able to adjust accordingly sometimes.

Straw man there. I'd say we have a decent group.  Liverpool aren't the best in the division by any stretch though. Certainly not yesterday, and we clung on valiantly.

All I have said is there is a degree of hyperbole in this thread about our "team full of internationals".

Where is this hyperbole? If someone said on here that we have a team which should be challenging for a CL spot I must have missed it. What we have asked for is a team with some shape and direction with a game resembling the successful teams in the premier league. You can have shape and direction based on Fat Sam's philosophy as well obviously, but that's not what most of us mean by the term.

Yesterday's football - that's what we want. We have the players, now let's see it delivered consistently.

The fact is we have a squad full of International players....not Internationals from Haiti or Papua New Guinea or even Austria. Internationals from countries with good footballing pedigree. France, Argentina, Italy and Holland. Countries that do well in World Cups. So to an extent, the under investment is moot. What isn't moot is that generally, with this current manager pulling the strings, we play football not suited to World Cups and European Championships or Copa Americas, but to Conferance level.

What's remarkable is that you would try to turn yesterdays performance into a point scored against me and Haris.  Same old story though.  Good performances come thanks to our team full of internationals, bad ones are attributable to Pardew.

Notwithstanding the fact that I think only 4 of our 14 players yesterday actually played in their countries most recent internationals, half of them as late subs.

Where's the hyperbole in my post ? Think you're confusing hyperbole with fact.

It annoys me when people call Anita a ''Dutch International Midfielder''.

All his caps came at right back. (I do rate him though)

If things like that annoy you Rolfie old son, I suggest you get yourself down to Boots and get some calms or summink

Guest Howaythetoon

He is still a s*** manager and a f***ing fraud who we need to get shot of but err well played the manager he got things apot on pretty much today other rhan Ben Arfa.

What did he get wrong with Ben arfa? Should have took him off sooner?

I was annoyed he took off cabaye and left Goufran on, who looked f***ed.

But I was more annoyed at the people that booed and and chanted "you dunno what ya deein" as we sat on a point against apparent title contenders with minutes to go.

He shouldn't have started him up there in the middle for a start and after we went down to 10 he shouldn't have kept him on.

You seem to have missed most of the posts in this thread since the game finished yesterday.

The players he's had at his disposal has never, ever been a strong enough argument, imo, and certainly won't absolve his performance as manager last season. More often than not, he had a team with plenty of good players unmovitaved, set up wrong and playing badly.

The personnel is barely different this season, although there is a slight improvement. So far we've been a mixture of very good and rank awful, often occurring in the same matches. On the whole we are looking better than last season, in that we don't look like relegation candidates. We've got mid-table written all over us, if you ask me.

We got players behind the ball and competed well, it's hardly tactical genius.

Well no one has claimed that (beside Brett's flights of fancy) but we were light years off last season. He's still go to show a hell of lot more that that too but it was encouraging and I hope it''s not a false dawn.

If we hadn't got Remy we'd have probably lost at Villa and Cardiff and would be sitting on 5 points from 8 games. Pardew hasn't improved a thing.

Team in performing better with a better player shocker.

So the rest of the squad should be consistently flirting with relegation, despite none of the dreadful Europa League?