Alan Pardew

Mike

He talks up winning against sides, he gets called a delusional c***.

He plays down chances of winning, he gets slated for losing the game before a ball is kicked.

:rolleyes:

The thing is, if he used this as some kind of tactical mind-game, and had relative success with it, no one would take him up on it. He just waffles on aimlessly trotting out excuse after excuse on some days, and coming out with this stuff on others. It all just seems arbitrary and contrived.

Pardew didn't get us to 5th, a select few players and luckiness with injuries did.

:spit:

You're still defending him after Sunday you f***ing mess.

A select few players and a bit of luck with injuries gets you a 5th place finish in the Premier League. Fuck off  :lol:

We had almost the same team in the following season and finished 16th. What got us that then? A few select players not performing and not having luck with injuries?

Pardew deserves credit for his dour rigid football stifling sides tbf, it was never going to last forever and we had our fair share of luck but ultimately it was him doing things his way that got us 5th. The first dozen games or so especially before Taylor's injury we were a difficult team to beat.

Not that there isn't a succession of other managers who couldn't have done the same job, if not better, with that squad considering Chelsea and Liverpool both had awful seasons.

He thinks the game tonight and the game against Chelsea are winnable.

Delusional cunt. You couldn't even beat Sunderland.

:lol:

He LITERALLY cannot win.

A poor trait for a football manager tbh.

:lol:

I could have accepted a minor downturn in form (say, finishing 10th), but what we watched last season was the stuff of fucking nightmares. The Southampton and Reading games aren't going to fade away any time soon (missed most of the 3-0 drubbing by Sunderland).

Pardew didn't get us to 5th, a select few players and luckiness with injuries did.

:spit:

You're still defending him after Sunday you f***ing mess.

A select few players and a bit of luck with injuries gets you a 5th place finish in the Premier League. f*** off  :lol:

To be honest Brett, we made a fair few quality signings who Pardew hadn't yet had the chance to coach the quality out of. That's why I think we finished 5th. Now he's had his wicked way with them.......... well, just look at us.

I could have accepted a minor downturn in form (say, finishing 10th), but what we watched last season was the stuff of f***ing nightmares. The Southampton and Reading games aren't going to fade away any time soon (missed most of the 3-0 drubbing by Sunderland).

The 6-0 still haunts my dreams.

Can't believe there has been numerous posts there and not one person mentioned the word 'confidence'. That is one of the biggest factors in football, as a team and as individuals. Played a massive part in our rise and fall!

Ok then, whose job is it to inspire confidence in the team? How did we lose all of the momentum and confidence that came from finishing 5th?

Not that there isn't a succession of other managers who couldn't have done the same job, if not better, with that squad considering Chelsea and Liverpool both had awful seasons.

Don't think that's the case tbh. For whatever reason pretty much everything that season clicked. The manager, tactics, players over-performing, and obviously a fair share of luck.

Clearly the past 18 months mean Pardew could have no complaints if he was given the boot tonight, but that season was probably the maximum potential of that squad.

results-wise, % WLD where is he overall now?  sure this has been posted but haven't seen it for a while

Premier League only....

http://i39.tinypic.com/15nwqcg.jpg

Considering what he took over and what he's done with it he's easily the worst on that list.

What a c***.

Dalglish and Souness are worse, both took over after very successful periods and screwed up completely

not sure i agree in some respects

both managers you mention were tasked with changing a perceived failure in the methods of their predecessors (our 2 most successful managers of the era btw) and both failed at that...same for gullit tbh although KD wasn't successful gullit was expected to reverse the style of play and failed to do so

nah, i'm sticking with my first statement, he's the worst of the lot - the players we have now would be tearing it up with anyone else, he's a f***ing jonah man

Daglish took over a side fighting for the title (including having the worlds most expensive player at the time) and when he left the club was mid table

Souness took over a side competing around the european spots and left a woefully overpaid squad somewhere in lower midtable.

How anyone can argue Pardew has done worse is beyond me. 

they f***ed up more because they were in charge of their own transfer and made an utter shitsack of it

pardew has been handed good players and a squad improving in quality since the moment he arrived, he's f***ing incapable of managing it...it's contentious, i'll agree, and depends on what you value personally as to who you think has failed more - as i said imo KD and GS were both publicly tasked with righting the perceived faults of their predecessors and this was ultimately the only reason both were appointed

pardew had none of this s*** going on, he took over a team on the up with few expectations, the quality of player has improved and performances have dipped with the exception of the 5th season which surely ever f***er now has to see as a total freakshow

Dalglish and Souness walked into sides with much better players than any we have now and cocked up completely leaving us a pale shadow of what we were. Face it nothing Pardews done anywhere near the damage that those 2 did to nufc.

Souness in particular has to be vilified he walked into a side that had finished 5th the previous season (iirc) tore it apart and after being given a fortune to spend screwed up his spending completely and his transfers at best did okay at worst were complete disasters that left us with wage wise a champions league side but nowhere near those places and it was the first step to our eventual relegation.

Look, I know what you're saying and the impact Souness had, for example, was obviously devastating long term but don't forget he was brought in to do what he did, very clearly by FS.

Going in circles man. They're all s****, the point I'm making is the others signed the players that sealed their fates. If Pardew was given 50m to spend on who he wanted how do you think would go from there on in? Better or worse than Souness?

No, he's been handed fillet steak and has served up f***ing dog food.

Since I'm of the opinion a well trained dog could have spent money better than Souness did obviously better.

What we have now and what Pardew has to work with is a team built not on any kind of intelligent plan or grand footballing philosophy what we got in a side built with two objectives 1 cheap 2 sell on. And it bloody shows the side is woefully imbalanced and severely lacking in key area's. This isn't any kind of squad that should automatically be competing around the european places its a side that stinks of mid table.

Pardew is the one who should be providing an intelligent plan and footballing philosophy. Everton and Southampton, both of whom have a weaker first XI than us, are currently in the top six because they have managers who are capable of providing those things.

Dodgy team selection like, can't believe Shola has been given the nod! Take him out for Ben Arfa and the team is canny. I like Anita back in, mym was obvious and everyone rates Haidara so nice to see him again although he best be ready for Navas. There team looks far too strong however, I'll stick with my 0-3 prediction.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'd quite like us to reach the QFs and not provide any more depression like. Not cool enough, I realise.

Aye :lol: