Alan Pardew

Mike

Hughton wanted to bring Steve Clarke in and was looking forward to expanding the coaching footprint and knowledge base at the club...He was sacked 2 weeks later. Wildly underrated because he has a low key media image.

Fair point he had us mid table in the Premiership on our return, and did that without the help of a no.2 after Ashley and Llambias wouldn't let him appoint one.

Clarke and Hughton would have made a good team I have no doubt about that whatsoever...Light years ahead of Pardew.

Guest icemanblue

The bloke dragged us up from our lowest ebb and then little arseholes who spend their days rimming Alan Pardew and saying how upset they would be if Newcastle ever sacked a shit manager again have the brass neck to say "oh I wasn't arsed when he got sacked" or worse, "I was delighted"

Fucking ungrateful wankers man. Cunts like that truly have got the Newcastle United they fully deserve.

Come on Wullie, you're better than this. Don't see why you choose to be so bitter towards people for expressing an opinion different from yours.

Everyone was grateful for the jon Hughton did in getting us up, it's just that we didn't know if he was the person to take us forward. It's pointless to assess that opinion in hindsight because you don't like his replacement.

Ian, you didn't want Hughton but you're happy with Pardew. You're a total joke.

Wullie, I've never said either of those things. As usual, you simplify and/or ignore people's points to get a dig in.

I was just wondering what Wullie's post count is like, from Sunday on. He hadn't been around much during the better performances, but he's certainly making his presence felt now. Like some kind of cheerleader for extreme, melodramatic negativity.

Not looking to get involved, like. Had enough of it. Just thought I'd point it out.

The negative posters on here are the likes of you and Ian, happy to slurp up whatever Ashley and Pardew offer you. Some of us want the club to do better.

Yeah, good stuff.

Guest reefatoon

The bloke dragged us up from our lowest ebb and then little arseholes who spend their days rimming Alan Pardew and saying how upset they would be if Newcastle ever sacked a s*** manager again have the brass neck to say "oh I wasn't arsed when he got sacked" or worse, "I was delighted"

f***ing ungrateful w*****s man. c***s like that truly have got the Newcastle United they fully deserve.

Come on Wullie, you're better than this. Don't see why you choose to be so bitter towards people for expressing an opinion different from yours.

Everyone was grateful for the jon Hughton did in getting us up, it's just that we didn't know if he was the person to take us forward. It's pointless to assess that opinion in hindsight because you don't like his replacement.

Wullie, I've never said either of those things. As usual, you simplify and/or ignore people's points to get a dig in.

I was just wondering what Wullie's post count is like, from Sunday on. He hadn't been around much during the better performances, but he's certainly making his presence felt now. Like some kind of cheerleader for extreme, melodramatic negativity.

Not looking to get involved, like. Had enough of it. Just thought I'd point it out.

The negative posters on here are the likes of you and Ian, happy to slurp up whatever Ashley and Pardew offer you. Some of us want the club to do better.

Yeah, good stuff.

Captain Charisma has arrived.

:lol: Hughton is shite, if he was a cunt, everyone would see it. People talk about losing games before a ball was kicked just had to watch their game last night, they didn't want to know against a Man Utd side who are on the ropes at present and just scraping through teams. He hasn't got long left like then he can step down a division to his level.

Guest bimpy474

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Hughton if he gets sacked by Norwich. Maybe a job lower down the leagues.

What like Birmingham in a 46 game season, where he got them very near the play offs despite playing in the Europa League, and doing well in it. Didn't hear Hughton say his squad wasn't big enough at every chance he had. And he did that at a Birmingham which was in a complete mess because of their nutty owner.

Admittedly the Championship is easier but the points still stand.

Birmingham were also in a complete and utter shambles at the time.

Hehe, as i said in that post, with very bad grammar.....:lol:

Sorry Bimps, actually didn't see that you said that.

It's alright mate it was a complete mess of a sentence, i'm not surprised you missed it.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: Hughton is shite, if he was a cunt, everyone would see it. People talk about losing games before a ball was kicked just had to watch their game last night, they didn't want to know against a Man Utd side who are on the ropes at present and just scraping through teams. He hasn't got long left like then he can step down a division to his level.

He isn't and that's why no one sees it. Sorry if i've misread that  :dontknow:

The bloke dragged us up from our lowest ebb and then little arseholes who spend their days rimming Alan Pardew and saying how upset they would be if Newcastle ever sacked a shit manager again have the brass neck to say "oh I wasn't arsed when he got sacked" or worse, "I was delighted"

Fucking ungrateful wankers man. Cunts like that truly have got the Newcastle United they fully deserve.

:sad:

Hughton is a better coach there is no doubt about that. He's one of the highest qualified coaches in the PL. He has a good knack with players and has continued to show this at Norwich.

dunno his time at Norwich hasn't exactly been impressive and its looking like he could be on his way before long

It's a very limited first 11 compared to ours.

after spending a fair wad of cash in the summer.

Think they knew they had to spend...We'll see at the end of the season...We're far more likely to be flirting with relegation than them imo...

What makes you think that out of interest? Haven't seen anything of Norwich to suggest they won't be flirting with relegation

Guest Haris Vuckic

I reckon they're going to sack Pardew fairly sharpish. After the Spurs game I think there's an International break & he'll be gone.

Guest bimpy474

Dunno about anyone else but Hughton gave me pride back in my team after relegation, especially after the Keegan, Kinnear and Shearer disasters. And he did that with Ashley and Llambias above him.

And he did it with dignity and winning matches...for that alone he is a million times the man Pardew is.

Guest bimpy474

I reckon they're going to sack Pardew fairly sharpish. After the Spurs game I think there's an International break & he'll be gone.

Hope you're right HV  O0

Based on? He usually keeps his bad news for the breaks, not the good stuff.

Dunno about anyone else but Hughton gave me pride back in my team after relegation, especially after the Keegan, Kinnear and Shearer disasters. And he did that with Ashley and Llambias above him.

And he did it with dignity and winning matches...for that alone he is a million times the man Pardew is.

Get the tissues out.... :weep:

Hughton is a better coach there is no doubt about that. He's one of the highest qualified coaches in the PL. He has a good knack with players and has continued to show this at Norwich.

dunno his time at Norwich hasn't exactly been impressive and its looking like he could be on his way before long

It's a very limited first 11 compared to ours.

after spending a fair wad of cash in the summer.

Think they knew they had to spend...We'll see at the end of the season...We're far more likely to be flirting with relegation than them imo...

What makes you think that out of interest? Haven't seen anything of Norwich to suggest they won't be flirting with relegation

For instance Hughton is pragmatic and in some ways as much a percentages man as Pardew but he knows how to apply it where the latter doesn't. Imagine if Norwich had Hatem, Remy and Cabaye..or a marauding full back like Santon (Garrido).

Guest Haris Vuckic

Hope you're right HV  O0

I'm more worried about the replacement but we've been into that.

I think we'll lose our next three, the latter two narrowly & Ashley will gamble. This is also to do with the media side of things as Pardew has A. Had a go at Ashley. B. Misunderstood the ban of the local papers.

& then the new manager has a few winnable games to bed in with.

Guest bimpy474

Get the tissues out.... :weep:

Pride and dignity is something Ashley, Pardew and Llambias have stripped from this club. By all means mock it.

I think the animosity to numbers and pictures on here is getting silly.  When SSN hoy up a manager's WLD record on screen, which they do following EVERY sacking, do the readers on N-O blanket them with emails about "lies, damn lies and statistics"? 

It's nowt more than a topic for discussion recognised globally as an interesting measure of how a manager did in his time.

The corner stat is fucking atrocious and warrants discussion.  Last season, being the team that hit more long balls than anyone else warranted discussion. 

The data on Alan Pardew's Newcastle isn't big enough to make ANY categoric claims whatsoever, but no-one's claiming something like Pardew reversing the number of long balls so this season we've hit less than 90% of the leagues teams makes him in any way a competent manager.  It's just another interesting tidbit that clearly says something about a change in his and the teams methods.  No-one (maybe CT?) thinks Marveaux should start because he got most assists last season, or that it should make him a big transfer target from other teams applying the moneyball approach.  But it is something to note as interesting.  To me at least.

It warrants discussion, or if not discussion, then at least a mention.

Generating discussion is surely what a forum is about, especially (for example) if a poster claims Pardew is still being a hoofball merchant.

He's on his 5th album now and still knocking out 2 trackers. Where the fuck is the concept album?!!

He's never been capable of it in any job he's ever had.

Ashley doesn't want a concept album though, He wants one of them £2.99 90's compilations you get by the tills in Morrisons.

It's like going to Sports Direct and complaining that they don't have any Gucci suits for sale and should sack the store manager for not stocking them.

Nah, it's like going to Sports Direct and picking up a few nice pairs of trainers, not amazing but pretty nice and the type you'd be happy to wear on a night out. Then taking them to the till to buy, but the manager doesn't know how to operate it, so you go home disappointed. Ultimately it's the companies fault for hiring a manager who can't work a till, but don't tell me there'd be no resentment at the inadequacies of the manager, because it's bollocks. He needs to be held accountable for how bad a job he's doing.

Pardew is a cunt, Hughton is certainly a far better man, no question. However i don't split their managerial abilities as they are both out of their depth in this league regardless if Pardew finished 5th once and Hughton has had a couple of mid table finishes. It's clear as day that they both aren't good enough.

Mentioned it before, but Ashley, Llambias and co kept a remarkably low profile throughout the championship season.  It's the one time football came first for them.  It left Hughton free to do his work for the most part.

It only serves as proof to me that Ashley knows what he is doing when he hoys a spanner in the works.  It's a conscious decision to court controversy over success.

"you don't know just how horrible we can be?"

Guest neesy111

Hope you're right HV  O0

I think we'll lose our next three, the latter two narrowly & Ashley will gamble. This is also to do with the media side of things as Pardew has A. Had a go at Ashley. B. Misunderstood the ban of the local papers.

Defeat in the next 2 games and I think he'll be in dodgy territory.  I think it will be us falling into the relegation zone (if) that will cause the alarm bells to go off.

Guest bimpy474

Hope you're right HV  O0

I'm not daft enough to dismiss the risk, but i hope they take it. Reckon your scenario is quite accurate but the getting rid of Pardew is the one doubt.

:lol: Hughton is s****, if he was a c***, everyone would see it. People talk about losing games before a ball was kicked just had to watch their game last night, they didn't want to know against a Man Utd side who are on the ropes at present and just scraping through teams. He hasn't got long left like then he can step down a division to his level.

Drivel as usual from the appeasers and apologists.

Hughton is not shit.

I would certainly say limited in the same way Pardew is limited. However Pardew IS an odious. toadying, slime ball who is so far up the anti-christs arse he licks Ashleys teeth for breakfast. As part of the current vile, infectious regime he deserves every ounce of criticism and bile heaped upon him.

Who would be better?? A moot point in many ways.

We need rid of them all and until people stop bending over, accepting the same crap and having the 'victim' mentality nowt will change.

Season after season of mid table, flirting with relegation keek. But if you want to 'keep the faith' and prove what a soooper fan you are then OK, each to their own.

Personally I see you all as much an actual part of the problem as well. Keep applauding Pardew though, chant his name etc, cos that's what real fans do.

Just get used to his cock up your arse as he plows you deep..oh and make room for Mike as well, he will want to shaft you too, whilst pissing himself laughing at you.

Guest bimpy474

Mentioned it before, but Ashley, Llambias and co kept a remarkably low profile throughout the championship season.  It's the one time football came first for them.  It left Hughton free to do his work for the most part.

It only serves as proof to me that Ashley knows what he is doing when he hoys a spanner in the works.  It's a conscious decision to court controversy over success.

"you don't know just how horrible we can be?"

Aye, totally agree. He really is one spiteful bloke.

I wonder if Pardew was set a specific target and/or deadline after last season's failings? Maybe based on a landmark like Christmas? I don't buy the argument that Ashley is prepared to keep him as long as we just manage to stay up, but then again I've no idea what it would take to see him sacked either.