Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest palnese

They had one off the bar, and we cleared a couple off the line.We had one or two decent chances apart from the goals. It could have gone either way really.

They had one off the bar, and we cleared a couple off the line.We had one or two decent chances apart from the goals. It could have gone either way really.

Sissoko could have had a couple and Remy could have scored at least 3.... Chelsea didn't deserve anything and if they did it would have been a robbery.

Oh i love the pessimistic crap that follows every good win where we have to downplay every decent performance. :anguish:

Oh i love the pessimistic crap that follows every good win where we have to downplay every decent performance. :anguish:

We've been told to calm down a few times this season after victories so why change now?

"it’s a big win, but we have beaten Chelsea and that’s it. Let’s not get carried away and say we are going to be in Europe and we’ll be great, or it would be a disaster if we’d lost three on the trot."

We've been told to calm down a few times this season after victories so why change now?

"it’s a big win, but we have beaten Chelsea and that’s it. Let’s not get carried away and say we are going to be in Europe and we’ll be great, or it would be a disaster if we’d lost three on the trot."

so you are just doing what he says ?

According to the telly we had 10 shots on target to Chelseas 2, i can't remember it being as one sided as that.

According to the telly we had 10 shots on target to Chelseas 2, i can't remember it being as one sided as that.

Thought the first half was a bit of a write-off because we just stifled the game and Chelsea had nothing about them. The second half we were very much the team getting the shots in.

I wonder how many teams will beat Chelsea by two goals this season? Let's just enjoy it and save the whingeing for another day. I'm sure there'll be plenty.

I wonder how many teams we will beat by two goals this season.

I'd agree with that regarding the way we've played since the first half at Everton, but the Sunderland game scared me in a sense of - if you can't see off a team as bad as that then you have problems.

I don't understand why I have a slightly optimistic feeling about Sunday coming as it's just the type of fixture we've capitulated in far too often recently.

It was worrying, no doubt, still is in fact. They were absolutely terrible and we couldn't break them down. I still think we have a lot to prove on that front, Norwich/West Brom in a couple of weeks will give us a better indication to see if we have improved in this area as it's hard to tell with two home games against City/Chelsea as neither of them were content with sitting back. Hughton will set up camp and it will be down to us to break them down, it's a big test for our creativity as a side.

Agree with that. Those two home games we need to show we've learnt from the Mackem defeat (don't all laugh at once). We should absolutely put Norwich away and while West Brom is a bit tougher we should win that too.

We were the better team overall although Chelski were obviously not at their best.

Not so - the possession stats tell you that - we were the more EFFECTIVE team in the last third of the game and we battled harder than at Sunderland. Chelsea could easily have scored 3 or 4 goals and had they scored first(Terry's header) they would probably have won...we have a poor record of winning games after going behind under Pardew.

We were the better team overall although Chelski were obviously not at their best.

Not so - the possession stats tell you that - we were the more EFFECTIVE team in the last third of the game and we battled harder than at Sunderland. Chelsea could easily have scored 3 or 4 goals and had they scored first(Terry's header) they would probably have won...we have a poor record of winning games after going behind under Pardew.

We deserved it on the second half. The best team won imo.

I wonder how many teams will beat Chelsea by two goals this season? Let's just enjoy it and save the whingeing for another day. I'm sure there'll be plenty.

I wonder how many teams we will beat by two goals this season.

Hence the follow up sentences.

Guest The_Optimistic

Hitting the bar is classed as off target. We cleared the line because we put a defender there.  You can look at every game and say well what if,  sometimes there are fine lines between winning and losing thats what makes it a great game.

In general I thought we were brilliant, we made Chelsea look very ordinary in the second half.

As good a result as it was, I cant help thinking that if Tiote hadn't picked up a knock and that if Jonas was available, Anita wouldn't have come on and Gouffran wouldn't have started, and that second half just wouldn't have happened

That will be the test for Pardew, who he puts out when everyone's  available.

I've still got absolutely no faith at all in the man

Guest The_Optimistic

the fact that we've let him go back to Argentina without putting up a fight like we did with colo says it all