Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Slippery Sam

on total sport tonight said todays trianing was the best he had seen in his time here. 2 full teams available to pick from, unlike the injury hampered and tired squad he had last season.

Can't help himself.

If you want to ask me if I want to play in the Champions League I do, absolutely, and Yohan wants to play in the Champions League of course but we want him to do that here. We are trying to build that but it is difficult and it is only players like Yohan Cabaye who will get us there.

:lol:

We've got 7-8 players who wouldn't look out of place in the Champions League tbh.

Krul, Debuchy, Santon, Coloccini, Mbiwa, Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Remy....if we played in any other league in Europe I reckon we'd be a top 4 team.

+ Gouffran & Anita fer me lyk.

Tbf to him on the injuries part we were hit hard with them last season no matter if people want to accept it or not.

For example this was the team that lost 7-3 to Arsenal.... Krul-Simpson-Coloccini-Perch-Santon-Tiote-Bigi-Marveaux-Obertan-Ba-Cisse and the bench was...

Shola, Sammy, Abeid, Streete, Tavernier, Ferguson and Harper.

It wasn't the only occasion we had a team like that or a worse one either, can't deny that it had an impact.

Still no excuse for finishing 16th or whatever it was but silly to deny it didn't have an impact on our season.

Still no excuse for finishing 16th or whatever it was but silly to deny it didn't have an impact on our season.

All a question of degree. Obviously it had an impact, but some do say it's an excuse.

I absolutely accept injuries will have a part to play and we had a lot, quite a few times a number of key players were out at the same time.

On the other hand we didn't do enough in that summer to make sure we could cope with the demands and the negative tactics more than played a part.

He could have had a season that performance wise wasn't great but gotten enough respect by the way he went about it. The excuses negated any good that could have been done. This season he isn't doing bad and we seem to be writing some wrongs. I doubt we will shift him and even if we do I am certain it will be Kinnear so I hope for all our sakes he keeps the excuses to a minimum and doesn't let his arse drop as soon as we go through a poor spell. His lack of confidence definitely rips through the team (see confident Pardew this season and the performances from the likes of Williamson and Tiote).

I absolutely accept injuries will have a part to play and we had a lot, quite a few times a number of key players were out at the same time.

On the other hand we didn't do enough in that summer to make sure we could cope with the demands and the negative tactics more than played a part.

He could have had a season that performance wise wasn't great but gotten enough respect by the way he went about it. The excuses negated any good that could have been done. This season he isn't doing bad and we seem to be writing some wrongs. I doubt we will shift him and even if we do I am certain it will be Kinnear so I hope for all our sakes he keeps the excuses to a minimum and doesn't let his arse drop as soon as we go through a poor spell. His lack of confidence definitely rips through the team (see confident Pardew this season and the performances from the likes of Williamson and Tiote).

:thup:

We've got 7-8 players who wouldn't look out of place in the Champions League tbh.

Krul, Debuchy, Santon, Coloccini, Mbiwa, Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Remy....if we played in any other league in Europe I reckon we'd be a top 4 team.

Why are you bankrupting the club chasing the CL with no PL TV money behind you, speculating wildily on players you can't afford? Seems reckless tbh.