QPR vs Newcastle Utd - 12/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV) - a win confirms safety

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alan Pardew faces a tough decision whether to stick with Danny Simpson this weekend at Queens Park Rangers – or recall Mathieu Debuchy at right-back.

The French international is available again after suspension following his red card against Liverpool.

But Simpson put in a spirited display at West Ham in his absence.

And he won praise from Newcastle fans after helping record the first clean sheet away from home since January, when Debuchy made his debut at Norwich City in a stalemate at Carrow Road.

Simpson is set to leave St James’ Park this summer after failing to agree terms last year.

The easiest tough decision ever.

Obvious who the better player is, not so obvious who the better defender in the PL is.

This. Have to say I'd be tempted to play Simpson. Can't afford to get caught on the counter attack and while Simpson won't offer much going forward he'll probably close of that flank better than Debuchy.

Obvious who the better player is, not so obvious who the better defender in the PL is.

This. Have to say I'd be tempted to play Simpson. Can't afford to get caught on the counter attack and while Simpson won't offer much going forward he'll probably close of that flank better than Debuchy.

This is what Pardew has done to us.

Guest bimpy474

I was thinking everyone had taken drugs.

To be fair this is what tomorrow's game has done to us. Don't give a shit how we play tomorrow, just want to win and then move on from this season.

To be fair this is what tomorrow's game has done to us. Don't give a shit how we play tomorrow, just want to win and then move on from this season.

And what about the game on Sunday?

Nar it still is very obvious, Simpson was all over the shop against Jarvis last week. Get the feeling people think because Simpson can't attack it means he can defend.

He's still terrible at both, the biggest difference last week was the team was much more organised due to Coloccini's return.

Debuchy was great till Coloccini got injured and i expect service to be resumed with Colo now back in the team.

And what about the game on Sunday?

Massive fail on my part.

Guest icemanblue

Worried about being caught out on the counter attack by QPR. We've sunk so low.

It doesn't matter who the opposition is, all teams should be concerned with being caught on the counter attack.

I can see the sense in the arguments to keep Simpson in the team, tbh. I'm a bit torn myself, especially with Hatem in the side. Debuchy has, on occasion, left us wide open down that side, then shown little desire to fill back in. That was with Gouffran playing ahead of him as well. I know some have faced a lot of grief for questioning Debuchy's mental state after the sending off, but it'll be hard to forget that. Happened right in front of me, and he knew exactly what he was doing. I'm not even sure it was intended to be a yellow either.

But, in this game, I think we've just got to try to batter them from the off. Score once or twice first half and they'll buckle. We've got more chance of doing that with Debuchy playing, so he gets my vote.

It doesn't matter who the opposition is, all teams should be concerned with being caught on the counter attack.

We shouldn't be worried about any thing to do with QPR. They've won 2 home games all season and are chock-a-block with mercenaries who don't give a shit, cloggers and a manager who seems focused on next season. It's how low we've sunk that is making us terrified of them.

Guest bimpy474

I'm so confident i'm going to watch the racing cars instead. Then the omnibus Eastenders, and i don't even watch Eastenders.

Guest icemanblue

We shouldn't be worried about any thing to do with QPR. They've won 2 home games all season and are chock-a-block with mercenaries who don't give a shit, cloggers and a manager who seems focused on next season. It's how low we've sunk that is making us terrified of them.

Who is terrified? I'd argue that it'd be extremely foolish for us to go into the game with a reckless attitude like that. Regardless of how bad they are, they still have individuals who can hurt any team. Winning games requires a balance of attack and defence. We can't expect to just turn up and have them roll over, can we?