QPR vs Newcastle Utd - 12/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV) - a win confirms safety

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've not seen this great Debuchy either. He's looked fluid and fast going forward, but he's had a few rapings at the back at times. I've also not really seen much to suggest he can cross or shoot better than Simpson either. Still, time is on his side.

Get out of town. :lol:

Simpson can barely kick a ball man unless it's off the goalline.

I am being really harsh.  :lol:

Just not seen the assists or goals coming that position from him yet, but like I say time is on his side to supply that. Simpson's had years of practice and always looked shit. The only goal of his I can remember was the fluke over hit cross.

Simpson is not fit to lace Debuchy's boots when it comes to crossing and the final ball. Worlds apart.

I just wish Debuchy would show it because he hasn't yet.

Simpson is not fit to lace Debuchy's boots when it comes to crossing and the final ball. Worlds apart.

He isn't helped by the lack of bodies in the box. Most of the time he has a physically-dominated Cisse to aim for.

Put one on a plate for Cisse against Reading (which was saved) and would have done the same against Southampton if the kid hadn't handled his cross and given us a penalty. That's off the top of my head.

The best you can say about Simpson is a couple of shanked crosses that were turned in for own goals (Man Utd and Everton), apart from one peach of a cross for Carroll against the mackems. That's in four years.

Delivering quality crosses has nothing to do with how many people are in the box FFS.

Scoring from quality crosses, on the other hand.

But he needs to start actually delivering these crosses first.

Put one on a plate for Cisse against Reading (which was saved) and would have done the same against Southampton if the kid hadn't handled his cross and given us a penalty. That's off the top of my head.

The best you can say about Simpson is a couple of shanked crosses that were turned in for own goals (Man Utd and Everton), apart from one peach of a cross for Carroll against the mackems. That's in four years.

Two good crosses since January, well you have convinced me.

I'm not going to defend Simpson though.

Delivering quality crosses has nothing to do with how many people are in the box FFS.

It does like.

So when he only has Cisse in the box he thinks "Na, not going to deliver one of those Beckham esq crosses today"?

Na he's not playing to his full. Like i say, i'm sure he's a good player but people are inventing things.

I think he's done fine apart from the two heavy home defeats, when admittedly he looked a little off the pace. Was very good v Chelsea and our best player v Southampton.

Part of the issue, the pressure on him to perform straightaway in that mess of defence.

You can still put good balls into the box, without anyone actually getting on the end of them.

What would be the point of those crosses when no one's getting to them?

It does like.

So when he only has Cisse in the box he thinks "Na, not going to deliver one of those Beckham esq crosses today"?

Na he's not playing to his full. Like i say, i'm sure he's a good player but people are inventing things.

Nobody's playing to their 'full' but it's simply not true to say that the quality of a cross is independent from the person on the end of it.

You can still put good balls into the box, without anyone actually getting on the end of them.

So if there's one player in the box (who's not particularly good in the air), marked by three big defenders, you should just put it in anyway and concede possession, for the sake of saying that you put a "good" cross in?

His crossing is better than Simpsons, it just is. Fair enough he hasn't regularly provided outstanding delivery but he can cross a decent ball.

However we simply never have anyone in the box barring one man so anyone could be crossing in it would not matter, another embarrassing aspect of our attacking play.

It does like.

Nobody's playing to their 'full' but it's simply not true to say that the quality of a cross is independent from the person on the end of it.

So if there's one player in the box (who's not particularly good in the air), marked by three big defenders, you should just put it in anyway and concede possession, for the sake of saying that you put a "good" cross in?

I agree, nobodys playing to their full.

No i don't expect him to put crosses in regardless but then you have no evidence of his delivery or attacking abilities since he's been here.

Debuchy was great till his injury against Wigan.

Ignore the crossing for a moment, people are too fixated on that.

But his ability to keep the attacks flowing , get in behind defences and endless cut backs to edge of box was fantastic in many games.

Be it Chelsea, Swansea, Southampton etc etc even against Spurs he had a very good game.

When Simpson gets the ball, the attacks slows down to a stand still or the opposition get the ball with Debuchy he either keeps the attack flowing just simply by being an option or driving opponents backwards.

His end product would result in many many more goals if we just got more bodies in attack.

For some reason since Sunderland we have become an un-organised mess and he's been apart of that but before that he was very good in all aspects even if we lost games.

Guest mavericknufc

Going off the trusted bib theory looks like we're playing:

Elliott

Debuchy Taylor Colo M'biwa

Cabaye Tiote Jonas

HBA Cisse Gouffran

1-1.

What in the name of god is going on in here these days?  We spent a large part of this season and last moaning about Simpson, Willo and Obertan being weak links in the side and they were quite regularly held up as reasons why we were playing hoofball.

Now we're actually seriously debating whether Simpson should play ahead of first choice french international Debuchy.  At least with Obertan the alternative was probably Shola so there might be a tiny case for him (as long as you forget the existence of Adam Campbell et al).  This is just lunacy.