QPR vs Newcastle Utd - 12/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV) - a win confirms safety

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going off the trusted bib theory looks like we're playing:

Elliott

Debuchy Taylor Colo M'biwa

Cabaye Tiote Jonas

HBA Cisse Gouffran

1-1.

Looks good to me. Hope Marveaux is fit enough for the bench as it will be nice to still have some attacking impetus after HBA and Gouffran go off.  Ferguson too would be another decent option.

No inevitable Shola sub will be a bonus too.

The issue for me is not about crossing and going forward, it is about defending and defending as unit and up to now i don't think Debuchy has shown enough defensively to warrant him coming straight back in.

Simpson isn't great at going forward or crossing but ask him to defend and do a job and he does it pretty well.

We got a clean sheet last week with this back 4 so i see no reason to change it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mathieu-debuchy-dilemma-newcastle-united-3605345

By Lee Ryder

Mathieu Debuchy dilemma for Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew

11 May 2013 08:32

Newcastle United’s French full-back Mathieu Debuchy is back from suspension, and ready for a recall at QPR on Sunday

Mathieu Debuchy is poised to return to Newcastle United’s starting line-up at Queens Park Rangers tomorrow.

However, Alan Pardew says he is facing a selection dilemma at right-back due to Danny Simpson’s solid performance at West Ham.

Simpson’s contract is up at the end of the season and he is unlikely to stay on Tyneside after talks broke down last year over a new deal.

That situation appears to have reached the point of no return.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “There’s a decision to be made.

“Danny was absolutely fabulous at West Ham.

“There have been a few negative things said about Danny, but when we’ve really needed him, he’s come to the fore.

“He played a lot last year in that top-five run.

“He’s been a terrific servant for us.”

Pardew must also decide who to field at left-back at Loftus Road.

He does have Northern Ireland star Shane Ferguson back from his loan stint at Birmingham City but he won’t consider handing him a start against QPR.

That is thanks chiefly to an early return to training for Davide Santon after a hamstring problem, while Sylvain Marveaux is also back to bolster his left side.

When asked if Ferguson could give Newcastle a fresh option, Pardew – who was forced to play Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa out of position at West Ham in the left-back slot – said: “No, because Sylvain and Davide Santon have come back to me this week.

“We’ll take both of those even though they’ve not trained a lot.

“Maybe they can give me an option towards the end of a game.

“There’s no caution. Everyone has to play with knocks and injuries.”

Pardew’s miserable injury woes show no signs of letting up.

Shola Ameobi and Moussa Sissoko are out for the remainder of the campaign due to knee and foot injuries.

“Their injuries are so acute. They’re not six-month jobs, but they certainly couldn’t play in the next two weeks,” said Pardew.

“Let’s get on with it and go and play our hardest game.

“The bonus is that Sylvain’s back. He’s got the most assists.

“We know at the end of games he can create that moment that might get us a win.”

We know at the end of games he can create that moment that might get us a win.”

GRRRRR!!!!  :rant: 

What a shitebag this guy is.  Does he think the sky's gonna fall if we score before the 70min mark?

tbf, every time we score before then we collectively shit ourselves and forget how to play football.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I honestly don't mind us playing for a point. It'll be enough after Tuesday's result. This is now a can't lose game rather than must win for me.

What happens if Wigan beat Arsenal?

In that case we're gone regardless.

I honestly don't mind us playing for a point. It'll be enough after Tuesday's result. This is now a can't lose game rather than must win for me.

If we play for a point we're gonna lose miserably.

We know at the end of games he can create that moment that might get us a win.”

GRRRRR!!!!  :rant: 

What a shitebag this guy is.  Does he think the sky's gonna fall if we score before the 70min mark?

tbf, every time we score before then we collectively shit ourselves and forget how to play football.

Or it could be the manager's tactical nous kicking in.

What happens if Wigan beat Arsenal?

In that case we're gone regardless.

How do you work that out like? ???

If we beat QPR then plenty of other results would need to go against us to send us down, not just Arsenal vs Wigan.

Bench should actually look half-decent for a change.

Something like this?

Harper, Debuchy, Williamson, Anita, Marveaux, Sammy, Santon/Obertan.

Harper, Debuchy/Simpson, Santon, Perch, Anita, Marveaux and Campbell is what I'd go for.

Bench should actually look half-decent for a change.

Something like this?

Harper, Debuchy, Williamson, Anita, Marveaux, Sammy, Santon/Obertan.

Harper, Debuchy/Simpson, Santon, Perch, Anita, Marveaux and Campbell is what I'd go for.

:thup: Forgot Campbell.