Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Bit confused at the Forest sitch. They apparently needed to sell us those two lads for FFP and yet they've spent the money on Assombalonga and now this fella?

Maybe they see these two players as capable of scoring and creating the goals to get them up, while still retaining the two players we've just bought off them. Roll of the dice it seems. If they come up it's pretty much a masterclass in squad/resource management from the owners. If they don't they still have two very good (relatively) players who'll sell for the same price possibly more.

Guest Roger Kint

Celtic back in the CL qualification, must feel shitty for Legia after humiliating them over 2 games.

the draw isnt too bad either. Salzburg(AUT), Steaua(ROU), APOEL(CYP), BATE(BLR) or Ludogorets(BUL) isnt it?

Compared to Arsenal who get Athletic(ESP), LOSC(FRA), København(DEN), Standard Liège(BEL) or Beşiktaş(TUR)

Guest Roger Kint

I hate Celtic man. :lol: You say their draw isn't too bad Rog, but you know they'll get tanked by all of those teams. :lol: Waste of space.

Not bitter at all.

:lol: God i hope so, first two teams i think should do but the others are dubious.

Deluded Celtic fans over here think that they put up this unbelievable fight every year in the Champions League too and that they're giantkillers and all this bollocks when really they've only got past the group stages once in the last 7 years. They'll live off that Barcelona win (the game that Barcelona didn't need to win) for fucking years. They'll forget they got absolutely murdered 5-0 by a second gear Juventus in the next round.

Seems incredibly harsh on Legia when you look what happened in 2010 in near identical circumstances:

However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour".

Guest firetotheworks

They're the epitome of 'ideas above their station' when they're in the Champions League like. That league blinds them. My old boss who was a Rangers fan reckoned that they could have won the Champions League one year. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Paddy Power ‏@paddypower  2m

Celtic get NK Maribor in the Champions League.

:lol: So much for the site i saw giving a choice of five teams. Can see them sneaking through that tbh

Didn't Sion take UEFA to CAS and lost their case?

I think Sion had five ineligible players though over the whole tie. That's completely different from being 5 goals to the good and playing a lad for a couple of minutes. :lol:

That's just so unfair. If I read it right the player didn't even play on the third game of his suspension, just wasn't registered. Then comes on for 4 minutes in the second leg when the tie has been over for couple of hours already. :anguish: