Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Picking those teams, it did feel like the wealth of the talent is in the north. It was a lot more difficult to fit in the talent in the south team, whereas the north team I've ended up leaving out players like Van Persie and Yaya Toure.

Other than Arsenal and Chelsea, no club south of Birmingham has won the English league since 1962. Other than the big London three, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham, the other clubs in the "South" are Fulham (a nothing club, as people here love to state) and sides that were promoted within the last three seasons. Up north, even the clubs that don't win trophies are historical with large supporter bases, such as Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, and Everton. It is not really a fair comparison.

Also, Birmingham is definitely in Southern England. Otherwise, Northern England is 75 percent of England.

Guest firetotheworks

Picking those teams, it did feel like the wealth of the talent is in the north. It was a lot more difficult to fit in the talent in the south team, whereas the north team I've ended up leaving out players like Van Persie and Yaya Toure.

Other than Arsenal and Chelsea, no club south of Birmingham has won the English league since 1962. Other than the big London three, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham, the other clubs in the "South" are Fulham (a nothing club, as people here love to state) and sides that were promoted within the last three seasons. Up north, even the clubs that don't win trophies are historical with large supporter bases, such as Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, and Everton. It is not really a fair comparison.

Also, Birmingham is definitely in Southern England. Otherwise, Northern England is 75 percent of England.

Geographically, yes. Culturally, no.

My experience with the United Kingdom is essentially just a lot of London, so I'm not trying to change the culture of the place, just noting the imbalance and how they make comparisons such as these difficult. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

My experience with the United Kingdom is essentially just a lot of London, so I'm not trying to change the culture of the place, just noting the imbalance and how they make comparisons such as these difficult. :lol:

Nah, I know. There's just a very noticable divide between London and its surrounding area and the rest of the country, which they generally just label 'the north'

As everyone knows, I don't really have any love left for Bayern Munich.

But their annual general meeting today.... with Hoeneß crying .... it even made myself a bit emotional.

After all, he made a mistake... has some trouble because of all that tax affair stuff, but he cares just SO much about this football club it's unbelievable really at times...