Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I reckon if I had a family & was paid that well, and then managed to gamble it all away, I'd definitely be throwing myself off a bridge.

Maybe he did but by cruel coincidence he landed on that boat, we'll never know.

I LOL'd over this.

A large portion of our fanbase really is deluded like, just browsing various social media apps, and so many of our fans think we will finish top 4 this season.

Madness.

alot of them seem to think that colback wont be starting games.  :idiot2:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/michael-bridges-bobby-robson-offered-7471946?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Michael Bridges has recalled how Bobby Robson offered him a new deal at Newcastle United – but had to backtrack and withdraw the offer after being sacked by the Magpies back in 2004.

In an exclusive interview with the Chronicle, Bridges said: “I remember Bobby calling me to say he wanted to offer me another one-year deal at the end of the season and then a few weeks later he called me to say “I’m sorry son, but I can’t offer you the one-year deal now as I have been sacked. I honestly felt more gutted for Bobby.

Robson was sacked four or five games into the following season, was he not? I'm a bit confused and this is slightly picky, but wouldn't "he called me a few weeks later" not be more like 12 or 13 weeks? Not really 'a few'...

Wiki says out of contract so that's feasible...though why we wouldn't have got him that summer if we wanted him is strange.

Bit mad as well that after all the clubs he's had after Sunderland, it's Newcastle Jets where he's made the most appearances.

Was he still contracted to Leeds then?

Contract expired at the end of the 03-04 season. Robson was sacked on August 30, four games into 04-05.

I'm just utterly confused. So Bridges sat there, as a free agent with a contract on the table weeks into the new season but didn't sign it?

EDIT: It has to be utter bollocks. Either Bridges or Ryder hasn't thought it through properly.

Guest Howaythetoon

Perhaps he's saying Sir Bobby was gonna take him back before he was sacked. I.e he was a free agent without a club and Bobby was going to bring him back for another year?

Wasn't Robson told by Shepherd that the forthcoming season was going to be his last? Not exactly a sacking but he told him it was the end, which obviously set the dominoes in motion which lead to him getting the push a few games into the season.

We'll never know tbh.