Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Jamie redknapp has said west brom haven't scored 4 goals in 100 years  :yikes: over reaction surely?

He confirmed that he is a total cunt for coming out with that comment.

I don't get it, what's his point meant to be?

I saw it as him being derogatory towards WBA in suggesting that they are, and have always been, incapable of  scoring 4 goals.

Bit of an odd choice seeing as they scored 4 against West Ham last weekend (unless that's the point he was making).

Aye, him and Henry were talking about what's going wrong at West Ham.

It was at that point he suggested it was unthinkable that West Ham could concede 4 goals to a team like WBA.

Celtic aren't historically a particularly well supported club. This massive support is a bit of a myth. Their historical average attendance throughout their history is around 26,000 which makes them the 11th best supported club in the UK. In the years Rangers were out of the SPL they rarely attracted more than 30k to their home games and we're reduced to fiddling their attendance figures to make it still look like they were getting  45k+ when at times it was only half that. Something that was exposed by the Daily Record a few years ago.

It also needs to be remembered that their fanbase has been largely built by success and their numbers are swelled by glory hunters from across Scotland and beyond. If they played in England and went 10-20 years without winning anything a lot of those would stop attending games.

Yes, they're a big club but nowhere near as big as they're made out to be. They're not even the biggest club in their own city.

But I thought 50,000 screaming jawdees was an exaggeration by the magedia?

It kills them that we've not only stuck by our club after relegation but actually increased crowds because they know that if the roles had been reversed and they'd gone down they'd have deserted in their droves and gone down the route Aston Villa have and had to mothball parts of their stadium.