The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Would be good if Palace came up. Good little club often producing excellent young players.

I'm going for Palace, mainly because they are captained by Mile Jedinak. Who has done it the hardway to get to near the top of the football tree. From playing Local league football at the age of 21 in Sydney, to being on the cusp of captaining an EPL side, is quite remarkable.

Know a Palace, know loads of Luton fans.

Watford :thdn:

Couldn't care any less about either team tbh, but love the occasion, one of the best games going with how much is at stake.

If Watford get promoted they'll own a first division club in each of the major leagues bar Germany, which they'll use for their revolving door loan policy. They are just a player agency. I don't think you can call "sustainable" the crazy system they've built up with players moving around between their clubs in troves every season.

I did say financially stable ie self sufficient.

You are right that they're more or less just a player agency. But you don't get Udinese fans moaning as they're hitting heights they would never be able to under normal circumstances.

Are they in any debt like other La Liga clubs?

No, but they would still be in the Spanish Segunda B without Udinese's players.

And of course their fans are over the moon about it, but it's cheating against other modest clubs that don't spend and don't have half their squad given for free from Italy.

Are they in any debt like other La Liga clubs?

No, but they would still be in the Spanish Segunda B without Udinese's players.

And of course their fans are over the moon about it, but it's cheating against other modest clubs that don't spend and don't have half their squad given for free from Italy.

I'm usually quite Laissez-faire in regards to the way clubs spend their money and the movement of footballers, but there is something that seems genuinely unsavoury about the sort of actions Pozzo is taking. Just in general, player movement between two clubs owned by the same person or group just seems as though it shouldn't be allowed. In theory, shouldn't all of these clubs be separate entities that are in competition with one another? Using Granada and Watford as a way to funnel resources towards the mothership is highly alarming behaviour. To be fair, the arrangement has been beneficial for all three parties at this point, but still it leaves me uneasy.

Anyway, I hope Crystal Palace go up. I went to two of their matches in 2011 and Selhurst is a nice ground with an enjoyable atmosphere. They also brought Moses to us, so I thank them for that as well.

Guest Nobbys Trumpet

Watford purely because it would be a shame for them not to be promoted after that last minute against Leicester