The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

I think they would play a S. American team.. The 4th North American team plays New Zealand. They switched it from how it used to be.

Ah alright. So no Uzbek or Oman then :lol:

Doesn't look like it, especially with Uruguay looking likely for the S. American spot. It would have been fun to have a completely random country make it. 

I think they would play a S. American team.. The 4th North American team plays New Zealand. They switched it from how it used to be.

Doesn't look like it, especially with Uruguay looking likely for the S. American spot. It would have been fun to have a completely random country make it. 

Ethiopia and Congo-Brazzaville look set to qualify for the last playoff round. There is still hope.

Ethiopia and Congo-Brazzaville look set to qualify for the last playoff round. There is still hope.

But they still have to play that playoff round where they'll lose to Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Cameroon, Egypt, Morocco or Tunisia. (haven't actually seen the qualification but it's usually those team).

Orlando City v Fluminense now. Going to be a great friendly, think I'll start supporting Orlando City over Newcastle, great turnout too. Cuba or Kanji ever been to any of their games?

The replay of Newcastle vs Southampton at St. James' Park from the season just past is on, and I just watched the first half.

Really interesting viewing. I have to say Tiote is a freakin' hot mess out there, and it's clearly tied into the role he's being asked to play. Cabaye is more of the sitting midfielder and he looks wonderful setting everything up from the back, so credit to Pardew for that, however, this idea that Tiote should be bombing up and down as some sort of all action box to box midfielder is just tragic. Just isn't him at all. It really brings the raving lunatic out of him.

Tiote really has to be out of the first team, Sissoko looks a natural to just slide in alongside Cabaye, with a more natural number 10 slotting in behind Cisse, or a second striker who can drop deep and get involved in play. Someone liek Siem De Jong who we were linked with quite a bit last season would be the type that could work well. This would improve us no end.

Sissoko is so talented though, wow. Clearly ran out of steam towards the end of the season, but his performances early on. Just wow.

The replay of Newcastle vs Southampton at St. James' Park from the season just past is on, and I just watched the first half.

Really interesting viewing. I have to say Tiote is a freakin' hot mess out there, and it's clearly tied into the role he's being asked to play. Cabaye is more of the sitting midfielder and he looks wonderful setting everything up from the back, so credit to Pardew for that, however, this idea that Tiote should be bombing up and down as some sort of all action box to box midfielder is just tragic. Just isn't him at all. It really brings the raving lunatic out of him.

Tiote really has to be out of the first team, Sissoko looks a natural to just slide in alongside Cabaye, with a more natural number 10 slotting in behind Cisse, or a second striker who can drop deep and get involved in play. Someone liek Siem De Jong who we were linked with quite a bit last season would be the type that could work well. This would improve us no end.

Sissoko is so talented though, wow. Clearly ran out of steam towards the end of the season, but his performances early on. Just wow.

Pretty much aggree with this, would be happy Ben Arfa in the no 10 role and another winger too, but we definitely need another striker too so a versatile one would be nice (NOT BENT)

Ben Arfa in the no.10 role creates more problems than it solves.

Think that entirely depends on the players in the wide spots. If we signed two genuine quality wide players then i think it wouldn't matter so much.

Obviously Fat Mike will never sanction such a move.

Guest Lalasialex

Him and a genuine winger either side of Cisse would work in theory.

Agree - as long as it's a winger with endproduct - need more players who can create goals and assist on a regular basis!

Gouffran can do a job IMO, it's quite weird that we've written him off so quickly. I would love to sign someone top quality of course, but we already have the personnel to make that 433 work in most games.

I think he can do a job there but i'd be much happier seeing him as competition for Cisse.  He'd be an excellent option from the bench.  Last season I thought he always looked good when he got a chance at centre forward (brief as the opportunities are).  I personally would want us to sign two wide forwards/wingers and an attacking mid/number 10 type forward before I signed another centre forward.

Gouffran can do a job IMO, it's quite weird that we've written him off so quickly. I would love to sign someone top quality of course, but we already have the personnel to make that 433 work in most games.

I think he can do a job there but i'd be much happier seeing him as competition for Cisse.  He'd be an excellent option from the bench.  Last season I thought he always looked good when he got a chance at centre forward (brief as the opportunities are).  I personally would want us to sign two wide forwards/wingers and an attacking mid/number 10 type forward before I signed another centre forward.

True, that's the beauty of Gouff I suppose, we could treat him as backup to either the wide or central position.

True, that's the beauty of Gouff I suppose, we could treat him as backup to either the wide or central position.

Yup, he'd still get loads of games to keep him happy i'd imagine.