The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

There's got to be something less s*** than Jô, surely? Diego Costa for starters.

Must be, but Jo has been scoring for fun in 2013, so I think that's the only reason. Bringing and in-form guy rather than bringing in someone by name like Pato or someone who hasn't scored that much like Diego Costa.

Against the local teams in one of your bat-s*** crazy competitions or..?

Copa Libertadores. Top scorer.

The only thing I can see Jô doing at any decent level is bullying defences, which is Costa's main strength in addition to not being an useless lump of meat.

To be honest, if I was picking I'd have none of them. Jo doesn't bully defenders either, he's so thin and pointless. If Fred gets injured I can see Hulk being played up top or Neymar. Worst part is I just seem incapable of naming good brazilian strikers. Luis Fabiano is probably with Fred the two best strikers we have right now, but both are old. Fabiano should've been called up instead of Jo.

Tbf the mere fact you are discussing who is better out of Jo and Diego Costa says it all about the quality Brazil have to pick from at the moment. :lol:

:lol:

Our striking options are embarrassing. However, luckily we have quite a lot of choices in wingers/am positions. Bernard, Neymar, Lucas, Oscar, Hulk, Hernanes, Coutinho, Jadson, Osvaldo, Kaka (??), Ronaldinho (??), Wellington Nem, Willian.

We lack however a great number 9...

I just was talking about the 1994 WC with a friend this morning, Brazil had the likes of Ronaldo and Bebeto warming the bench back then...

That team is far worse than this team though in general. It's actually one of the worst World Cup winning sides ever.

I just was talking about the 1994 WC with a friend this morning, Brazil had the likes of Ronaldo and Bebeto warming the bench back then...

That team is far worse than this team though in general. It's actually one of the worst World Cup winning sides ever.

It is, that was the topic of our conversation :lol:

But that side still looked far more assured than this current one. You have one year...

Tbf the mere fact you are discussing who is better out of Jo and Diego Costa says it all about the quality Brazil have to pick from at the moment. :lol:

Our striking options are embarrassing. However, luckily we have quite a lot of choices in wingers/am positions. Bernard, Neymar, Lucas, Oscar, Hulk, Hernanes, Coutinho, Jadson, Osvaldo, Kaka (??), Ronaldinho (??), Wellington Nem, Willian.

Just like in 82...

Just like in 82...

But we had the guy in your avatar + Falcao, Socrates, Toninho Cerezo, and also Serginho who was a better goalscorer than both Fred and Leandro Damiao. That team is probably the greatest team ever not to win something and possibly the greatest national side of all times.

Villa, Llorente, Soldado, Negredo, Torres are all better than Fred and Jo.

Definitely, although problem is none of those players are exceptional either, but they sure are a hell lot better options than what we got.

Definitely, although problem is none of those players are exceptional either, but they sure are a hell lot better options than what we got.

I don't get Baba's point. Gomez and Klose would both start for Brazil too. If he's extending away from centre forwards then fair enough, but the argument was on 9s.

Just like in 82...

But we had the guy in your avatar + Falcao, Socrates, Toninho Cerezo, and also Serginho who was a better goalscorer than both Fred and Leandro Damiao. That team is probably the greatest team ever not to win something and possibly the greatest national side of all times.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that other than I always thought Serginho was poor... Eder was some player too...

I don't get Baba's point. Gomez and Klose would both start for Brazil too. If he's extending away from centre forwards then fair enough, but the argument was on 9s.

Even if he is i still disagree, Spain and Germany still have better wingers/AMs and even if it were true Spain and Germany are light years ahead in the midfield and build up department so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Just caught up reading the rest of the comments on here, and regarding Debuchy, who thinks he had a good game? He could've easily have gotten two red cards as well as giving away a stupid penalty. Going forward he's decent, but he's a bit hot headed and was making some rash decisions against Neymar who was having troubles going past him but still got the better of him most of the times after the first 10-15minutes of the game.

Cabaye was also invisible for 90% of his time on the pitch. Benzema and Payet were the only dangerous players in their team, and we talk a lot about Brazil but France is in serious trouble right now, their team is quite weak and might get a good team in an eventual WCQ playoff tie. Also Mathieu is a horrible left back :lol: Hulk got past him almost every time.

Just caught up reading the rest of the comments on here, and regarding Debuchy, who thinks he had a good game? He could've easily have gotten two red cards as well as giving away a stupid penalty. Going forward he's decent, but he's a bit hot headed and was making some rash decisions against Neymar who was having troubles going past him but still got the better of him most of the times after the first 10-15minutes of the game.

Cabaye was also invisible for 90% of his time on the pitch. Benzema and Payet were the only dangerous players in their team, and we talk a lot about Brazil but France is in serious trouble right now, their team is quite weak and might get a good team in an eventual WCQ playoff tie. Also Mathieu is a horrible left back :lol: Hulk got past him almost every time.

Sounds familiar about cabaye

Brazil's striking options are better than Spain or Germany.

? Actually thinking about it, there's not ONE GREAT #9 in the whole world.

There is, and he'll play in a recently promoted team next season :anguish:

:nods:

It's pretty unfortunate for the guy, being in the same generation as Messi and Ronaldo. I think he's a bit unfairly compared with them too. He's an incredibly good player in his own right.

Guest diddimz

Australia just beat Jordan 4-0 in our world cup qualifier, feels good to actually win a game, as its been a while for us, even if its Jordan, Robbie Kruse had a good game, 2 assists and a goal, and Archie Thompson showed why even at 34 hes still one of our better players at opening teams up. Worrying signs though really, still rarely enough youth coming through to the national team.

Australia just beat Jordan 4-0 in our world cup qualifier, feels good to actually win a game, as its been a while for us, even if its Jordan, Robbie Kruse had a good game, 2 assists and a goal, and Archie Thompson showed why even at 34 hes still one of our better players at opening teams up. Worrying signs though really, still rarely enough youth coming through to the national team.

Was a good performance. This is a Jordan side that beat both us and Japan at home. I think the youth is slowly coming through, Kruse, Oar, Holland, Rogic. I think Sainsbury and Good will come in soon. Babalj is at alkmaar and Sarota was a permanent fixture at Utrecht until his injury. It's not so bad!