Who fancies having a thoroughly fruitless protest against Pardew?

Guest firetotheworks

I've been up and down with the idea of protesting against the ownership of the club for quite a while now, and having finally settled down from the toal apathy induced by the derby defeat and ludicrous banning of the local press, I've realised I can't sit and accept this any more. I don't think piling the pressure on Pardew and the team will really do any good... if Pardew is replaced by the current regime there is a huge chance it will be with someone of similar or worse ability, most likely a steady Pulis type character who will assure us of 13-16th every year. Any change has to come from the top, and I'd be happy to get on board anything that tries to affect this.

Sadly, however, I don't think any sort of protest will have anywhere near the numbers to be noticed on a wide enough scale to make a difference. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try, and I for one will be throwing my voice and presence behind Time4Change, and urge anyone feeling similar to do the same.

I'd also like to see some kind of organised demand for more transparency from the club. I feel like we deserve to know why certain appointments have been made (JFK the obvious one, although we will never find out the true reason behind this), in particular the woman who is Head of PR and the club secretary, who for all we know could just be some bloke who is pals with the Fat Controller. It is not acceptable for us to have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, particularly when so many of the major decisions seem absolutely insane and come completely out of the blue.

the whole lack of transparency isn't unique to us (though we're clearly an exaggerated form of it with Ashley making random decisions on a whim) and is more a symptom of modern football itself, the only true way there can be transparency is if the fans had a share in the club and someone on the board and the only realistic way I can see that happening is an edict from the FA to force clubs into having that fan ownership ala Germany which is not bloody likely.

Agreed but he has taken it to a whole new level. There can't be a club anywhere in the world with an owner making such ludicrous decisions with absolutely no explanation.

Abramovich on his day is as bad as Ashley for it but with the huge cash put in to make up for it. Venkys too are beyond ridiculous

Think only Blackburn have a worse owner than us, tbh.

They have totally obliterated their team and standing in English football.

Even though the owner of Cardiff makes strange decisions, at least he puts some cash in. We just get the ridiculous decisions, with no upside or explanation.

In any case talk of a protest against Pardew is meaningless since the fans who go to St James seem to be oblivious of his failings. Most seem to be of the Happy Face/Inochi mindset that because the owner is Ashley Pardew is as good as we are going to get. So ultimately it's win-win for Ashley and Sunderland fans.

Guest The_Optimistic

Whats the point in getting rid of Pardew when the current clueless owners are in charge,  Getting rid of Pardew would just be a short sighted solution.

Who on earth would take over with Ashley and Co running the club with Joe telling you what he thinks? 

I'm not pardews biggest fan but I think there are bigger problems at the club.

Guest The_Optimistic

I want Pardew gone as much as the next guy, but I just don't see how we'll end up with an improvement. Ashley and his cronies need gone, then we're talking. Until then there's just apathy.

Agree

Guest micky_123

I've been up and down with the idea of protesting against the ownership of the club for quite a while now, and having finally settled down from the toal apathy induced by the derby defeat and ludicrous banning of the local press, I've realised I can't sit and accept this any more. I don't think piling the pressure on Pardew and the team will really do any good... if Pardew is replaced by the current regime there is a huge chance it will be with someone of similar or worse ability, most likely a steady Pulis type character who will assure us of 13-16th every year. Any change has to come from the top, and I'd be happy to get on board anything that tries to affect this.

Sadly, however, I don't think any sort of protest will have anywhere near the numbers to be noticed on a wide enough scale to make a difference. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try, and I for one will be throwing my voice and presence behind Time4Change, and urge anyone feeling similar to do the same.

I'd also like to see some kind of organised demand for more transparency from the club. I feel like we deserve to know why certain appointments have been made (JFK the obvious one, although we will never find out the true reason behind this), in particular the woman who is Head of PR and the club secretary, who for all we know could just be some bloke who is pals with the Fat Controller. It is not acceptable for us to have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, particularly when so many of the major decisions seem absolutely insane and come completely out of the blue.

the whole lack of transparency isn't unique to us (though we're clearly an exaggerated form of it with Ashley making random decisions on a whim) and is more a symptom of modern football itself, the only true way there can be transparency is if the fans had a share in the club and someone on the board and the only realistic way I can see that happening is an edict from the FA to force clubs into having that fan ownership ala Germany which is not bloody likely.

Agreed but he has taken it to a whole new level. There can't be a club anywhere in the world with an owner making such ludicrous decisions with absolutely no explanation.

Abramovich on his day is as bad as Ashley for it but with the huge cash put in to make up for it. Venkys too are beyond ridiculous

Forgot about the Venkys, they are the worst. The advert with the Blackburn team in was hilarious though.

• 3 months later...

only way to resolve this issue, is to hit him in the  pocket by not turning up, unfortunatley there's plenty of mugs out there who have bought season tickets out there, consequentially he already has pocketed that, so it won't hurt financially. The other option is not to renew for next season and those who pay at the door in effect not turn up.

But then you get, 'but look what he has to work with' and 'it's not his fault Cabaye was sold with no replacement'.

They're both true but lie at Ashley & Kinnear's doors, Pardew however, gets off with murder.

Getting rid of Pardew must mean Jokin comes in, and thats surely rock bottom?

But then you get, 'but look what he has to work with' and 'it's not his fault Cabaye was sold with no replacement'.

They're both true but lie at Ashley & Kinnear's doors, Pardew however, gets off with murder.

:thup:

At the end of the day Pardew for me is the biggest fraud of them all, because at the end we've made decent progress in terms of squad quality over the years under him. We're healthy economically and while I fucking despise Ashley and the fact that he won't go the extra mile I'm more pissed off at Pardew being completely inept at managing a team. Look we don't have the best squad (but heck of a starting eleven when everyone is fit) and selling our best players at vital points never help, but fuck me what he did yesterday is capital punishment where I come from. We are playing 4-4-2 with two immobile strikers when chasing a lead, we're playing our most talented player completely out of position, we're playing Sissoko who for me had one of his best games in a long time tuesday on the right when he did better centrally. We're benching our best fit defender for Steven Taylor, the maniac who thinks he can make David Luiz runs. We're playing Anita further up the pitch putting pressure instead of keeping him where he is the most comfortable. Above all that, he keeps lying to the fans and trying to play victim to everything possible. This guy benched Tevez for West Ham, he has benched Ben Arfa for long enough and he is clearly one of the reasons Cabaye left having been promised beautiful football and instead offered ball flying in the middle of the pitch.

For me it's like he watches football as an equation. 4-4-2 means more offensive than 4-5-1. 4-3-3 means all out attacking. He's a complete fuckwit when it comes to attacking football. How any of us can be content at looking at this and just caring about results is beyond me. When I started following this team and was old enough to actually understand football I was always told that this club was about more than results, that it was about entertaining football, well lady's and gentlemen we're far off from that. We're so far off I'd be willing to give my right nut if it meant we were playing entertaining football tomorrow and twelve months on.

What? He actually wants the club to win things.

Chelsea have the highest Net spend since Abramovich took over out of any club in the world, even City, Madrid included. That's an owner who wants to win and uses the finances at his disposal to do so.

The fans can really turn on the club now as relegation is not going to happen unless disaster strikes ,summer will be a time to not renew season tickets and the MAOC can push harder with more events and publicity ,now is the time to show the world what it means to be oppressed and not cared about.

Pardew is the immediate problem IMO and he's the one more likely to go out of the three.

Gotta start somewhere I guess  :undecided:

I agree, but what sane manager would take over the job?

No sane one, that's why it would be the irish story teller

I was referring to the random acts of stupid interference, if he'd kept out of it then Chelsea could probably have won more.