South American football

Flip

Yeah I had a look at Godoy's record - certainly wouldn't have thought they'd seen so few goals if you'd just watched last night's game. Quite a few chances, should've been more goals.

Cheating was as clear as you like, it was almost accepted as commonplace and the referee was merely trying to weigh up which ones to take notice of so that it looked vaguely balanced.

Alexandre Pato failed massively with a panenka penalty against Gremio two nights ago in the Copa do Brasil quarterfinals.

He's on extremely thin ice with everyone at the club and wouldn't surprise me if this irresponsible act caused him his World Cup squad place. I hope so. Such an idiot.

Alexandre Pato failed massively with a panenka penalty against Gremio two nights ago in the Copa do Brasil quarterfinals.

He's on extremely thin ice with everyone at the club and wouldn't surprise me if this irresponsible act caused him his World Cup squad place. I hope so. Such an idiot.

Has he done anything of note since moving back?

Was having a look at Brazilian table t'other day, bit tight down the bottom mind. About 10 teams can still go down.

Has he done anything of note since moving back?

Missed 25 one on ones or something like that, some only him with the goal. He's like Torres, too expensive to leave out of the team, too bad to be starting every game. Scores the occasional goal, but as of now his future with Corinthians might be over. Couple a weeks ago he left the stadium after a 2-1 loss in a hurry...

...just so he could go to watch a Beyone concert at Sao Paulos stadium.

Pato's career is such a shame.... still got time on his side of course but its really quite sad considering the promise he showed.

You would think a WC in his home land would be enough to motivate him....

I'd rather send him out to space for a full year than seeing him play for Brazil again.

are brazil going to try and convince Costa to ignore spain's attempts to play him? Surely the most in form brazilian striker

Yeah they're most probably calling him up for the next game. So he'll have to make the decision then. He's said he's going to play for Spain but we'll see I guess. If he doesn't play for us be it, he'll probably be on the bench for both teams anyways and Fred is a better striker in my opinion although he's injured.

What's happening with Damiao these days?

Very inconsistent because of injuries. Still a great future ahead of him, just don't know if he's ahead of Jo at the moment. Scolari wants three strikers. Although he might end up calling Neymar up as a striker. But I still think:

Lucas, Diego Costa, Damiao, Jo and for me hopefully Coutinho will be competing for two spots.

Lucas isn't playing for PSG and has been underwhelming for Brazil whenever he's gotten a chance. Pato killed his with some horrible games for both club and national team.

Very inconsistent because of injuries. Still a great future ahead of him, just don't know if he's ahead of Jo at the moment. Scolari wants three strikers. Although he might end up calling Neymar up as a striker. But I still think:

Lucas, Diego Costa, Damiao, Jo and for me hopefully Coutinho will be competing for two spots.

Lucas isn't playing for PSG and has been underwhelming for Brazil whenever he's gotten a chance. Pato killed his with some horrible games for both club and national team.

Spot the odd one out  :lol:

I presume he's actually good now i guess and he did score...but still  :lol:

Spot the odd one out  :lol:

I presume he's actually good now i guess and he did score...but still  :lol:

I don't think Jo is very good, but english fans with Defoe and Lambert being called up shouldn't be spotting odd ones out. No but seriously, he's no perfect striker but he does what he does well which is work hard, wins balls in the air and holds up play decently and scores goals obviously.

At the moment he's the striker in form and the one who has one foot in the World Cup for sitting on the bench.

Like i'm a big fan of Lambert and Defoe (I actually am but not in an 'international quality striker' kind of way)

It's just for some reason one expects more from Brazil than having Jo upfront

Don't disagree, unfortunately it's our situation in Brazil. Young players leaving for Europe and not developing in Brazil. Look at Neymar he stayed for another three years in Brazil and look where he's at now.

Well yeah but you seem mainly weak in that position, you have good players most other positions

Wtih Fred and Diego Costa I'd say we have probably one of the strongest tbf. A lot depends on Diego Costa though...

Well yeah but you seem mainly weak in that position, you have good players most other positions

Wtih Fred and Diego Costa I'd say we have probably one of the strongest tbf. A lot depends on Diego Costa though...

Could arguably the difference between you winning the WC or not. Fred is obviously a good finisher but when teams are 100% on in the WC now he's proved himself in the Confed he may well be marked out of the game.

(Can't wait 'til the World Cup :drool:)

If you get Costa sure, I'm still not sure about Fred but maybe it;s just the name  :lol:

Aye not many teams will have more than two quality CFs if can Brazil can take Fred, Costa and one other that will put them in a strong position considering how much strength in depth they have else as well.

Out of the contenders Argentina will probably be the only ones who have more than two.

If you get Costa sure, I'm still not sure about Fred but maybe it;s just the name  :lol:

It's weird, will score goals if given chances and Brazil will create but aside from that not good enough and probably wouldn't get in any other contenders team.

Worth a cheeky bet for World cup winner scorer if an available bet?

It's weird, will score goals if given chances and Brazil will create but aside from that not good enough and probably wouldn't get in any other contenders team.

Worth a cheeky bet for World cup winner scorer if an available bet?

Harsh, I find him an excellent number 9 and without injuries he'd probably have made a name for himself in Europe. He's one of the best finishers around in the world and is an excellent tactical striker as well as leader on the field.

Aye not many teams will have more than two quality CFs if can Brazil can take Fred, Costa and one other that will put them in a strong position considering how much strength in depth they have else as well.

Out of the contenders Argentina will probably be the only ones who have more than two.

:thup:

Could arguably the difference between you winning the WC or not. Fred is obviously a good finisher but when teams are 100% on in the WC now he's proved himself in the Confed he may well be marked out of the game.

(Can't wait 'til the World Cup :drool:)

Marked out of the game? He's a bit too intelligent for that. A player like Fred doesn't get marked out of the game, and I don't see Diego Costa as the difference. The difference will be Neymar and David Luiz. If David Luiz head isn't in the game, he'll fuck us over in one game in the late rounds which might cost us, and without Neymar at his best players like Hulk and Fred will be quiet.