South American football

Flip

http://www.joeybarton.com/neymar-what-i-really-think/

Joey and his opinion of Neymar. What a piece of s*** to read, and the comments from Brazilian using google translate makes me even sicker.

Heh? Apart from some head-scratching posting of tables that don't lead to anywhere (Barton a prozone fiend?) he's hardly saying anything too controversial there.

I mean, it's a fairly lengthy and long-winded post to just say "he has to prove it in Europe", but he doesn't say he's shit or anything :lol:

http://www.joeybarton.com/neymar-what-i-really-think/

Joey and his opinion of Neymar. What a piece of s*** to read, and the comments from Brazilian using google translate makes me even sicker.

Heh? Apart from some head-scratching posting of tables that don't lead to anywhere (Barton a prozone fiend?) he's hardly saying anything too controversial there.

I mean, it's a fairly lengthy and long-winded post to just say "he has to prove it in Europe", but he doesn't say he's s*** or anything :lol:

That's the thing though, he uses a load of statistic to make his point until he realizes he's completely wrong when it comes down purely to statistics and then says, well now he has to prove it in Europe. Do you see my way of thinking? There's nothing controversial about it, because he failed massively in his opinion. He has no idea what he is talking about, and comparing Serie A (Brazil) to Champions League? Fuck off Joey.

anyone else reckon Colombia could be the dark horses (non-racial) of next year's world cup? They've got some real gems coming through. 

They do have some good players not sure they can win it, but definitely make it to a quarter-final.

anyone else reckon Colombia could be the dark horses (non-racial) of next year's world cup? They've got some real gems coming through. 

They do have some good players not sure they can win it, but definitely make it to a quarter-final.

They've got a plethora of attacking options, a promising playmaker in Quintero and their two best players will have the whole of next season to form an understanding.

Desperately need some CBs to come through. Yepes and Perea started a recent qualifer, they'll be 38 and 35 next year. Milan have signed a defender called Jherson Vergara and Tim Vickery was raving about a guy called Eder Álvarez Balanta from River Plate. Could be interesting options.

Balanta has been linked with a move to Europe already for €10m+. He's only played a handful of games like but IIRC River haven't lost when he has. Be a huge ask to go from that straight into a World Cup although Yepes is shite and Perea has tendancies to be utterly woeful too.

Balanta has been linked with a move to Europe already for €10m+. He's only played a handful of games like but IIRC River haven't lost when he has. Be a huge ask to go from that straight into a World Cup although Yepes is s**** and Perea has tendancies to be utterly woeful too.

Zapata is decent though.

First leg of the Copa Libertadores final tonight.

Two black and white teams participating too.

Successful relative paupers v Underachieving current money havers.

Olimpia scores a free-kick with the last shot of the game...

2-0. Atletico has a mountain to climb but with Mineirao full and close 70 000 mineiros next week I can see them winning by 5 as Bernard will be back.

Does the Brazilian league run year round or something?

They have State Championships which run the first half of the year and then the countrywide league (not affiliated with the state Championships) runs May 'til early December.

So yeah, pretty much aside from over Christmas/Jan.

Hope Mineiro pulls it back, really want Ronaldinho to win the Libertadores :thup:

Two-leg finals are so oldskool too.

Would make for a better Club World Cup if they get there you'd imagine.

Be class if a relative pauper from Paraguay won it though.