South American football

Flip

f***ing shame if Uruguay missed out, like.

Probably not the way they've been playing over the last 12 months or so. Agree in general though, a World Cup in SA needs Uruguay there.

A WC held in Brazil of all places needs the Uruguay-Argentina-Brazil trifecta, preferably with a rigged draw and bribed referees so we get knockout games between them. There's just so much stuff in play between these lot.

The only thing barely entertaining about Venezuela is Chavez and he kicked the bucket already.

Venezuela in a world cup is :anguish:.

Ecuador is not too shabby tbf Deuce, even away from home they've only had couple bad results in the last years or so. They have Valencia, Caicedo and Benitez who are all good players and I think they'll make it along with Argentina, Chile, Colombia and hopefully Uruguay/Peru (through playoffs). I'd love Peru for the simple fact of not being a big footballing nation as well as having Farfan, Pizzaro and Guerrero up top.

Falcao has scored for Colombia (v Peru) and Aguero for Argentina (v Ecuador). If it stays both are probably sure things for the World Cup, well Argentina is already but Colombia will join them.

Colombia are gonna have the 'problem' of fitting Luis Muriel into this side after his breakthrough season next year. :pow:

Won't need too.

James and Falcao are going to be telepathic after a season playing with Monaco.

Colombia are gonna have the 'problem' of fitting Luis Muriel into this side after his breakthrough season next year. :pow:

Won't need too.

They'll have all 3 in the team next year.

Desperately need to unearth a CB though.

Won't need too.

They'll have all 3 in the team next year.

Desperately need to unearth a CB though.

Perea - Yepes starting :lol:

Rupert Fryer ‏@Rupert_Fryer 58s

Mascherano sent off for kicking the bloke driving the little golf buggy to take him off the field.

:pardspush:

Argie friend tells me the golf buggy guy tried to cop a feel, but probably he's just defending Mascherano :lol:

The current top 5 qualifying would do me now :thup:

:thup:

It's the 5 of the 6 best teams in SA and the ones I believe can do the most damage in a World Cup. Ecuador on paper isn't the best team, but they do have some good players and collectively they're a good team. They can definitely go past the group stages in the World Cup with Caicedo, Chucho and Valencia providing they can keep it tight at the back.

At the moment I'd love to see Peru beat Uruguay next to keep this really really interesting as long as Venezuela lose to Chile.

Find out work have a football quiz competition for tickets to the Copa Libertadores final

:tobey:

Only open to South American employees.

:mou:

Racist.

Should have gone to work like this:

http://mexicanpeoples.weebly.com/uploads/1/4/0/5/14057947/4324897_orig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Semi-final 1st leg of the Copa Libertadores tonight. Newell's v. Atletico Mineiro. Should be canny, both teams good too watch.

Chances are winner will play Paraguay's Olimpia in the final, they won 2-0 at home in their first leg yesterday.