Best British manager of recent times. (SAF, Paisley, Clough...)

Parky

SAF did it twice, I think people forget the miracles he performed at Aberdeen. Of course for me Clough was a better man manager and psychologist and won things with a club with practically no money in relative terms.

SAF did it twice, I think people forget the miracles he performed at Aberdeen. Of course for me Clough was a better man manager and psychologist and won things with a club with practically no money in relative terms.

Yeah, at Forest... But his career wasn't limited to Forest.

SAF easily.

Had a lot of money the whole time.

Many others have had that without coming close to what he did. The consistency and rebuilding of his sides, it's unprecedented.

Like who?

SAF easily.

Had a lot of money the whole time.

Chelsea and Man City have even more but he managed to win the league or put up a strong challenge. His longevity and the ability to reinvent his teams and adapt to the times in terms of tactics and managing his players does it for me.

Fergie landed on his feet a bit with the TV deal and he's always had a decent base with Manchester, his achievements are still 2nd to non though. I'd still say Cloughie - baring what came afterwards due to his problems with Alcohol - was the most impressive.

I think winning the old European cup was a hell of a lot harder when it was all knockout games. Clough won it twice and should have won it 3 times if Juve didn't bribe the ref against Derby.

He was only the second manager to win the league with two different sides.

However SAF probably has to go down as the greatest but Clough's achievements were amazing.

Wenger has had similar, but with far less resources at his disposal.

So, nobody has had the same level of financial backing over the long term as SAF.

Spent an av of 35m a season net apart from the season they sold CR.

I think winning the old European cup was a hell of a lot harder when it was all knockout games. Clough won it twice and should have won it 3 times if Juve didn't bribe the ref against Derby.

However SAF probably has to go down as the greatest but Clough's achievements were amazing.

If Clough had the same money it would be no contest imo.

Guest Dontooner

Alan Pardew. 8 year Contract . Prides himself in tactical Knowledge. Brand of front foot fast football.

Football type: Carpet football

Biggest Fans : Newcastle fans that drool onside when watching his teams play...

Biggest weakest : Shit players, the overpaid and egoistic players hold Pardew teams back.

Favorite players : Jonas , Tiote anybody that keeps running with spirit.

Secret Weapon : Magic and Spirit

Too good

It has to be Ferguson, not just because of what he has achieved but also look at how he has been able to adapt himself in the past 20 years in hand with how the game has evolved.

If Clough had the same money it would be no contest imo.

He was unbelievable mind. To think he retired in his late 50s too. If the drink didn't get him god knows what he would have achieved.

Winning the league with Derby was impressive. But doing it the season after promotion with Forest was unbelievable. Plus their 40 odd game beaten run.

Guest firetotheworks

I think that considering SAF has been one of, if not the best manager in the world over the last 20 years, it's hard to look past him, nor should you imo.